PDA

View Full Version : do i HAVE to put the jacks on the back?

Masadar
06-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Well i have someone building me an enclosure and i have a question about the back of the box. Is it important to have the jacks on the back of the box all nice and tidy with the little black plastic surround? or can i just run the wire thats going from the subs in the box through a tiny hole in the back of the box and seal it and connect them to whatever they need to be connected to?

lilmaniac2
06-09-2006, 01:09 AM
jacks wow... terminal cups

and no just drill the hole and seal it

azbass
06-09-2006, 01:10 AM
put the terminal where ever you want it, or easy for the install. or drill a hole for the wire. where ever you want in the box.

bibby
06-09-2006, 01:11 AM
I have no jack, or spare.

OR subs, this *****, Oh hell, No carpet even. :( My trunk *****. :crap:

SkwurlyFab
06-09-2006, 03:06 AM
What are you running in the box? If it's a high powered sub, like 500+ watts don't use a terminal cup. Cuz why would you use strong MDF to build the whole box all stiff and nice so it wont flex, and then use a 1/8" thin plastic terminal cup that could flex mass and possibly crack?
Here's what works better. Drill a hole in the back for the wire to come through. inside the box, before you pass the tip out, tie a not or 2 in the wire. put a glob of liquid nails on it and then pull it tight to the back of the box. This will seal it up perfectly, put some on the outside too.

Masadar
06-09-2006, 05:36 AM
haha sorry i was suuuuuuper tired when i posted this jacks were all i could think of but hey ya knew wht i was talking about so its all good thannks alot for the info:D

ramos
06-09-2006, 08:34 AM
What are you running in the box? If it's a high powered sub, like 500+ watts don't use a terminal cup. Cuz why would you use strong MDF to build the whole box all stiff and nice so it wont flex, and then use a 1/8" thin plastic terminal cup that could flex mass and possibly crack?
Here's what works better. Drill a hole in the back for the wire to come through. inside the box, before you pass the tip out, tie a not or 2 in the wire. put a glob of liquid nails on it and then pull it tight to the back of the box. This will seal it up perfectly, put some on the outside too.

Could also drill a couple holes and use nut's and bolts for cheap terminals as well :)

prochobo
06-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Could also drill a couple holes and use nut's and bolts for cheap terminals as well :)

Nuts and bolts FTW.

Alpine4x4
06-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Or use some of those dayton audio terminal plates drill 2 small holes, insert the terminals and drill the plate down. They look pretty sweet. But for $20 for the set driling a hole would work.

HAVINGFUN
06-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Those thin terminal cups will work fine, with that small of a surface area they will not flex enough to lose any sound or spl. You might lose .075 volts.