PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the Helix Components

937DYTBOI
06-09-2006, 12:39 AM
I was browsing the net and ran across these Helix 6.5" component sets that seem to have a nice price attached to them given the background and the quality of Helix, i was wondering if anyone had played with these set of components at hand. I will be replacing my coaxial 4 way pioneers in my front doors and wanted to go wit something that will get as loud but a lot cleaner and was wondering will these get the job done.

The 6.5" in the doors right now jus mainly serve as highs and very little mid bass due to how horrible they will sound if more midbass is applied to them. I want a bit more midbass and at the same time i want my highs to scream, i have a zapco 360.4 that will push them while in my rear deck i sport some memphis 6x9's which r decent for the time being.

But heres the link http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3587

937DYTBOI
06-09-2006, 01:06 AM
also see that they have some 3way 6x9's that look decent. Let me know if this exchange would be better or worse, from switching my pioneer and memphis inside speakers to all Helix inside 6.5" components up front wit the Helix 6x9's 3 way

UndercoverPunk
06-09-2006, 01:08 AM
also see that they have some 3way 6x9's that look decent. Let me know if this exchange would be better or worse, from switching my pioneer and memphis inside speakers to all Helix inside 6.5" components up front wit the Helix 6x9's 3 way

Please don't do any of this. get the arbiter MT set from ascendant, I'll fix the tinsel slap issue for you, then if you have a 4 channel just get a cheap 3 way crossover, like the coustic XM-6 off ebay.

937DYTBOI
06-09-2006, 01:30 AM
Please don't do any of this. get the arbiter MT set from ascendant, I'll fix the tinsel slap issue for you, then if you have a 4 channel just get a cheap 3 way crossover, like the coustic XM-6 off ebay.

So whats the diffrence from the arbiter MT and what u have setup

UndercoverPunk
06-09-2006, 01:41 AM
So whats the diffrence from the arbiter MT and what u have setup

THat's what I have. And it sounds alot better than when you heard it.