PDA

View Full Version : dvd player, navigation system question

comcrap
06-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Ok long story, my dad gave me a mitsubishi hd800vp car dvd player, navigation system kit. The reason he gave this to me is because he was going to put it in his car, but he sold that car and got a lease car.

Anyway the only catch is it has 100% japanese instructions, which really isn't a problem as I figured it all out.

I have 2 unanswered questions though, and was wondering if anyone could provide some insight.

1. The dvd player seems to be region 2 only which is obviously japan, is there someway to modify it to play region 1 dvds, aka the states dvds

2. Does a navigation system require a subscription? Is it even possible to use this thing here in the states?

other then that I have the other issues worked out, but I don't want to install it if I can't get it to play dvds

PatFitz9
06-08-2006, 12:37 PM
navi systems use a DVD (which costs big bux, like $300) but i am not sure if you can play them if you can't play US DVDs. as far as changing the region, i have no idea, sorry.

Shyne151
06-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Call mitsubishi... that's what their customer support is for. Where in michigan are you?

comcrap
06-08-2006, 08:42 PM
arond detroit.

That was the next step, first one was just checking around on the net. :)

*also for the navi dvd thing, the kit came with one so It should be in japanese.... I don't know how well it will work again another thing to talk to them about.

Thanks for the suggestions, ill post how it goes.