PDA

View Full Version : Tundra Double Cab Sub Enclosure?

Qfactor03
06-07-2006, 09:02 AM
I am in the planning stages of a new system in my Tundra and having a tough time deciding how to handle the subs. Has anyone built a custom enclosure for the double cab? I don't want to lose the jack compartment under the rear passenger side and the other storage compartment is extremely small due to the fuel tank location. Two shallow eights might fit into a baffle which would replace the stock compartment cover, but I would prefer a completely sealed enclosure. Unfortunately, the space looks too small to seal and still leave room for the subs to clear.

Fast1one
06-07-2006, 12:39 PM
I would also like to know this......my dad has a double cab and there is absolutely no room....

nferra2
06-07-2006, 04:47 PM
I did not have a double cab, But when I had a access cab, I fiberglassed the storage compartment under the passenger seat and fit an RE10 in there, I think I could have fit a sub as deep as a jlw3 or so. I am not sure what it looks like under the seat in the double cab, but I have seen 3 8's under there before. I do not know how much modification was needed though. Fiberglass will be your best bet in the storage compartment.

Nick

Fast1one
06-08-2006, 12:12 AM
Theres definately more room in the access cab.....they even make prefab box for it....but with us stuck with the doublecab, we're out of luck....

Just buy some components with good midbass and amp them....