PDA

View Full Version : More van woes

btnhfan
06-06-2006, 06:27 PM
After I ripped the wall out, somehow the locks, interior lights, and radio arent working. I dont know if they are unrelated or not, but it seems odd if they could be related. I didnt cut any wires or anything either to my knowledge.

All fuses are good for all of those.

Prowler573
06-06-2006, 06:33 PM
After I ripped the wall out, somehow the locks, interior lights, and radio arent working. I dont know if they are unrelated or not, but it seems odd if they could be related. I didnt cut any wires or anything either to my knowledge.

All fuses are good for all of those.

Exactly what got doe inside your van when this "ripping the wall out" process happened?
It may take a bit but take me step-by-step through what you did...

Obviously something happened so let's see if we can work out what it was.

btnhfan
06-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Well tearing wood out lol.

Sawzalled through one of the sides, but that was on the sliding door side, and I went from outside in if you understand what Im saying. The rest I just unscrewed/bolted and beat out with a hammer and my brute strength ;).

Prowler573
06-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Well tearing wood out lol.

Sawzalled through one of the sides, but that was on the sliding door side, and I went from outside in if you understand what Im saying. The rest I just unscrewed/bolted and beat out with a hammer and my brute strength ;).

Was there any audio wiring run into the interior of the outside panels where the vehicle wiring is?

btnhfan
06-06-2006, 06:44 PM
No all powers/ground were ran underneath the the car, up through a hole in the floor. The only thing else was the speaker wires, which had a small hole in the box that went directly to the amps.

PESteele
06-06-2006, 06:45 PM
did u check the fuses

Prowler573
06-06-2006, 06:46 PM
did u check the fuses
:rolleyes:
He answered this in the original post, PE.

bdawson72
06-06-2006, 06:48 PM
^what he said

PESteele
06-06-2006, 06:48 PM
my bad didnt see that sry

Prowler573
06-06-2006, 06:54 PM
No all powers/ground were ran underneath the the car, up through a hole in the floor. The only thing else was the speaker wires, which had a small hole in the box that went directly to the amps.
Was the power cabling still connected to power as this uninstall was happening?

Did you possibly short something to ground as it was removed?

I'm just grasping at straws here, fella. Hard to troubleshoot something you're not looking at :crap:

btnhfan
06-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Ha yea I know what your saying. Well the power and ground were connected to buss bars. I took those off first, and did each power one by one, and taped them all up with elec and duct tape. They never grounded out.

btnhfan
06-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Okay I tried to use the electronic trunk popper on the dash, doesnt work either, but the ac does.

Also the locks dont work electronically as well.

btnhfan
06-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Come on you car guys!

What could it be?

get_r_done_fire
06-08-2006, 05:22 PM
double check ur wires

MadAudio
06-08-2006, 05:29 PM
accessories relay maybe?

dunno man since you said all fuses are fine .
might also be wire loose at battery terminal. i would start there and work my way back if eveyrthing looks ok under the hood then check the fuse box to see if it is getting current with a dmm if it is then you know the problem isnt the power or the fusebox .