PDA

View Full Version : Just another 6.5'' component thread

superdooperman
06-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Just like soo many people that come across this site, I am torn between what to run for the front stage. I am running a PG 400.2 with 100wrms a side @ 4, or 200wrms a site @ 2.

I am looking for components in the 300$ range and up, if the quality is there. I do NOT want alum tweets as I cant stand the harsh highs, especially from bostons.

Right now I am looking at a set of A/D/S 246ix's, anyone have any experience with A/D/S? Not much info can be found about them, but they sounded decent at my local store.

Also, if anyone on the forum is an authorized seller/merchandiser of a certain product and ships to canada, send me a pm.

Gary S
06-06-2006, 02:47 PM
ADS should be a good set for the money. Also, Oz matrix has a soft dome I believe... they might even be a better deal for the money... has that foamed poly IMPP cone made by Pioneer. I think ADS is just a metal cone?

Kickerkitty
06-08-2006, 07:30 AM
I don't really feel ya on harsh bostons, although I know others agree. I would agree that they are brighter than a superb silk dome, but I would say they are far from brash, like MBQ's...

just my .02

alteraudiousa
06-08-2006, 09:15 AM
if you want good set look into the CDT HD's. Nice drt-25 silk tweet and food performance from the woofer. PM me if interested.

helotaxi
06-08-2006, 11:33 AM
If you're going to spend the money on CDTs go ahead and spring for the Eurosports. Love mine.

Echo42987
06-08-2006, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=superdooperman] I do NOT want alum tweets as I cant stand the harsh highs, especially from bostons.
QUOTE]

My bostons are the best speakers I think I've ever owned!

Go for some Polk Momos if you want to stay in the $300 range

-Nick-