PDA

View Full Version : question about WinISD

bigdub_diesel
06-05-2006, 06:20 PM
ok, im looking to take on a project. I have an old bandpass box i got off the internet. Some of u may know what im talking about, its the one you get when u buy the 300$ audiobahn package that has subs, bandpass box, amp, and wires. Well, now that ive played around with some other systems, ive really got to dislike this kind of box, so im lookin to turn it into a ported box. I plan on ditching the plexiglass cover, and cutting out the sub holes so it is just a bare box. I took the dimensions, and came up with 2.63 ft^3 internal volume after i cut everything out. Ive got an 12" mtx 5500 which for a ported box, is rec. to have 2 ft^3 airspace. I figure after port and sub dis, i wont be to far off from 2 cubes. Im gonna cut out a speaker ring, and mount it in the box so it sticks up about 2 inches higher that the box, and glass it. Those are just my plans, but my question is about WinISD. Im trying to figure out what the tuning will be as is, and see if i need to lengthen the 4 ports, or maybe just seal 2 of them off. When i put in the diameter for 1 port, it gives me 7 inches length, and when i put in 2 ports, it is 16.56 in length, and so on. My question is, is that the length that each port needs to be, or the total length of all the ports?

Anybody who doesnt know what box im talkin about, look here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dual-12-DC-Bandpass-Box-with-Curved-Plexiglass_W0QQitemZ9737009678QQihZ008QQcategoryZ5 0567QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Volenti
06-06-2006, 03:23 AM
My question is, is that the length that each port needs to be, or the total length of all the ports?

That's the length for each port, the more ports you add the longer they all need to be to mantain the same tuning frequency.