PDA

View Full Version : Another Liquid Nails question...

Phreaker
06-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Well my box is built...sorry no pictures yet :crap: and I am ready to seal it up with some liquid nails a friend gave me only it's the Liquid Nails Adhesive not the adhesive/sealant,and it's a giant tube,the Heavy Duty Construction and Remodeling Liquid Nails.

Can I use this as the sealant or should I buy the Liquid Nails small project and repair adhesive/sealant?

The box has been glued and screwed using Elmers carpenters glue and #8 2" wood screws all that really awaits is the sealant and the amp to power my subs up.

MrSector9
06-04-2006, 12:50 PM
i use liquid nails instead of elmers glue now :)

I cannot see it giving you any problems using that as a sealant. all it has to do is seal :)

PV Audio
06-04-2006, 01:46 PM
GE Window and Door silicone sealant II

The only stuff I use. Easier and more "reliable" than liquid nails AKA you know that it will always work.

Eldorado
06-04-2006, 01:46 PM
I used to use LN, but it was messy and smelled pretty nasty.
Plus glue cleans up way eaiser and quicker.
Sillycone> LN for sealing

PV Audio
06-04-2006, 02:15 PM
This is not to say that LN is persay bad for sealing, it's just gross as **** to work with plus it tends to get all flaky on me.

MrSector9
06-04-2006, 02:25 PM
hmm i dunnio i use the caulking can style, doesnt smell bad or anything, also not very messy. no messier then glue

Eldorado
06-04-2006, 03:32 PM
You must have no sense of smell then. Because it reeks.
Glue cleans up way eaiser than LN and is sandable

hzsogood
06-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Well my box is built...sorry no pictures yet :crap: and I am ready to seal it up with some liquid nails a friend gave me only it's the Liquid Nails Adhesive not the adhesive/sealant,and it's a giant tube,the Heavy Duty Construction and Remodeling Liquid Nails.

Can I use this as the sealant or should I buy the Liquid Nails small project and repair adhesive/sealant?

The box has been glued and screwed using Elmers carpenters glue and #8 2" wood screws all that really awaits is the sealant and the amp to power my subs up.

the ln construction stuff is fine... in the future go with titebond II

Eldorado
06-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Titebond II rox my sox.
I love the applicator on it and even if it gets gummed up with dry glue it always pulls open

hzsogood
06-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Titebond II rox my sox.
I love the applicator on it and even if it gets gummed up with dry glue it always pulls open

:) ive used LN for a little bit , then i tried elmers probond ( which is pretty good imo) but TB II is the clear winner very easy to apply and work with

Ingleside
06-04-2006, 11:43 PM
go get some 100% silicone sealant like the GE II stuff or any other 100% silicone sealant. make sure to take a damp rag and wipe down the corners to clean up any dust and then let the wood dry a bit. dont soak it or anything.. just clean up any dust.