PDA

View Full Version : Let's play: "Will it fit my car?"

LilBassGuy
06-02-2006, 12:26 PM
I am interested in getting the Kenwood KFC-P707's

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-aMzd0YUvC0z/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?search=KFC%2DP707&i=113KFCP707

but when i entered my vehicle into crutchfield it says they wont fit, pick something else (2001 Honda Civic EX Coupe)

But on sounddomain.com it says it includes a 6.5 inch adaptor for Honda applications

so im trying to figure out what size components are in the doors of the honda, seeing as crutchfield says it wont fit but sounddomain thinks it will

thanks for the help anyone :)

PhatTonyDeMarco
06-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Do you own a ruler?

Not trying to be a ****, but go measure them...

937DYTBOI
06-02-2006, 12:28 PM
go to ur car and measure ur speakers to see what size they are either they are 5.25 which i doubt or a 6.5 which were in my 99 accord but they may differ

LilBassGuy
06-02-2006, 12:37 PM
can somebody help me figure out how to get the door panels off? cuz if i did that, then i would just measure it

curious: what am i actually measuring w/ the ruler? the diameter from the edge of the surrounds on the driver? or the very outside edge of the basket?

yea cuz on crutchfield.com it says that 5.25 components and 6.5 components will both fit my car...how is that possible?

Fast1one
06-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Crutchfield can be pretty gay for speaker sizes and such. Im willing to bet that your car has 6.5...My bros o1 Honda accord has 6.5...

As for taking the door pannel off, your better off looking in Honda forums for that. However, the procedure for most cars is the same. Find all screws and take them off. Remove things like windo switches, door handles, etc. Anything that would impede the door pannel from coming off. The door pannel is most likely held on with clips. Dont be affraid to do a little pulling and it should pop right off....

Just to make something clear: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your car as I have not worked on a civic :D

937DYTBOI
06-03-2006, 05:55 PM
there maybe a scrw where the handle is at, another screw in the hole where u close the door with ur hand

Fast1one
06-03-2006, 07:07 PM
^^^Yup....on every car Ive worked on there has been one there...

LilBassGuy
06-04-2006, 12:22 AM
thanks for the replies, i am on it :)

Flipx99
06-04-2006, 12:26 AM
If they are held on by clips I advise to go to advance auto parts and get the remover. If your door is made from fiberboard, it will bust before the clips come out. This way, you don't tear up your door. If you need a pic of what I am talking about, just lmk.

LilBassGuy
06-05-2006, 07:34 PM
thanks for the post...i made a friend in a local install shop so i am gonna let him coach me thru the door removal so no mistakes are made...thx for the replies

Randy Savage
06-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Civics are 6.5" in doors.

MadAudio
06-05-2006, 07:57 PM
the reason why crutchfield says it doesnt fit is mounting depth crutchfield will give adapters for size like going from oval to round but not spacers but who cares cause you can make your own. find a speaker crutchfield says will fit and check the depth then check the depth of the ones you want ill bet ya there is a difference .