PDA

View Full Version : Componenet upgrade in my audi

nadroj81
06-01-2006, 05:41 PM
well i am getting my eclipse 10'' installed in a custom box and i currently have a RF 500watt amp feeding it. i want to upgrade the front and rear doors also. i was looking at the Diamond Hex components (silk tweeter) in the 6.5'' . Any opinions? would you use those in the front and rear doors or would you use something different for the rear doors?
I was also thnking about just using a JL 300/4 amp to supply the power.

Worlddre
06-01-2006, 05:45 PM
what year is your audi

Beat_Dominator
06-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Hex's are very nice...smooth response :D

azbass
06-01-2006, 05:46 PM
i like the hex's.. but your car and you would love some dyna's in there..

nadroj81
06-01-2006, 09:08 PM
its a 2006. it has the factory mmi navigation. I have all the performance upgrades available on the car as of now. so i am going to work on the stereo until a big turbo kit comes out.

what are dynas? the only reason i would go with diamond is b/c my installer sells them (however i would probably get them off ebay for cheaper) and just have them install it. they are much more comfortable installing items they sell b/c they feel they tune them much better. I have had the same response at most shops i've been too. The cost of labor is only 10$ more per hour if i bring my own equipment.

link to the dynas? how much is a set? So would you say go with 2 component sets, or what you put something differnt in the rear?

azbass
06-01-2006, 09:10 PM
www.dynaudio.com
but if you can get the diamonds for a good price. by all means its a good way to go.
good choice on the amp. the 300/4 is an awsome amp

Ignatowski
06-01-2006, 09:28 PM
putting 6.5s in your audi is no easy feat.....
You definatly would have an easier time getting 5.25s up front
and if you wanted 6.5s in the rear if you feel u need rear fill....
I have an 06 A4 Audi and the factory stereo sounds like *** so I dont blame you
one bit for wanting to get the car upgraded..I havent touched the radio in my A4
yet (im lazy) mainly because I cant find out how to remove the door panels without messing them up
in any sorta directional manner.
..as for speaker choice HEX's would IMO be a poor choice( i have owned them) for a few reasons,1 they need alot pf power neerly 150 watts which means a large amp,2 the have no midbass whatso ever
,3 the china tweets they come with **** weenie......The only HEX's worth using were made in Germany and are no longer made like that...

azbass
06-01-2006, 09:31 PM
iv had great results with hex's the silk tweets are ok. the metal ones ****. idk.

nadroj81
06-01-2006, 09:51 PM
putting 6.5s in your audi is no easy feat.....
You definatly would have an easier time getting 5.25s up front
and if you wanted 6.5s in the rear if you feel u need rear fill....
I have an 06 A4 Audi and the factory stereo sounds like *** so I dont blame you
one bit for wanting to get the car upgraded..I havent touched the radio in my A4
yet (im lazy) mainly because I cant find out how to remove the door panels without messing them up
in any sorta directional manner.
..as for speaker choice HEX's would IMO be a poor choice( i have owned them) for a few reasons,1 they need alot pf power neerly 150 watts which means a large amp,2 the have no midbass whatso ever
,3 the china tweets they come with **** weenie......The only HEX's worth using were made in Germany and are no longer made like that...

everyone says the 6.5s are what fits in the audis. i have heard this numerous places including people who have done thier own installs.

Ignatowski
06-01-2006, 10:08 PM
everyone says the 6.5s are what fits in the audis. i have heard this numerous places including people who have done thier own installs.

I could be wrong,thats what I was told ....
go to Audiworld.com for more info

nadroj81
06-01-2006, 10:39 PM
I could be wrong,thats what I was told ....
go to Audiworld.com for more info
i have about 10,000 posts on there ;)

azbass
06-01-2006, 10:43 PM
they may say the speakers fit. but getting them in there and to sound/perform good. is a task. its the same in my vw. not an easy drop in . even with diamonds and their stupid terminals that stick out way far.

Ignatowski
06-02-2006, 05:12 PM
i have about 10,000 posts on there ;)
and still I cant find out how to remove my door panels
and or even see whats under a door panel....

6spdcoupe
06-02-2006, 06:50 PM
and still I cant find out how to remove my door panels
and or even see whats under a door panel....

let me at it. :D

nadroj81
06-02-2006, 07:29 PM
6spdcoupe - thanks for taking the time to talk to me today.

6spdcoupe
06-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Not a problem sir. I hope I helped your decision some. ;)

goodrich
06-03-2006, 11:12 AM
let me at it. :D

if i get an '07 G35 i will personally drive to your doorstep so you can install all the equipment you sold me and proly more!!!!!!!!!!

nadroj81
06-03-2006, 11:38 AM
if i get an '07 G35 i will personally drive to your doorstep so you can install all the equipment you sold me and proly more!!!!!!!!!!

g35s are overrated....trust me...
the interior is garbage for the money, and the service ***** at all the dealers.

not to mention you can't turn off the traction control :rolleyes:

6spdcoupe
06-03-2006, 11:41 AM
g35s are overrated....trust me...
the interior is garbage for the money, and the service ***** at all the dealers.

not to mention you can't turn off the traction control :rolleyes:

Sorry I beg to differ, service has been top notch for me and yes traction control can be turned off, dunno why you would think that it cannot.

slick rick
06-03-2006, 12:48 PM
I know a guy who did this...literally. :)

6spdcoupe
06-03-2006, 01:45 PM
I know a guy who did this...literally. :)

LoL from Orlando... :crazy:

nadroj81
06-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Sorry I beg to differ, service has been top notch for me and yes traction control can be turned off, dunno why you would think that it cannot.

i am pretty sure there are 2 traction controls. 1 that can be turned off and one built in which cannot be turned off. Are you able to get your car sideways and do a power slide?

Lexus is like this, I frequently drive an ls430 and it has traction control which can be turned off. however there is a built in traction control that will not allow you to get sideways and power slide.

slick rick
06-03-2006, 04:15 PM
i am pretty sure there are 2 traction controls. 1 that can be turned off and one built in which cannot be turned off. Are you able to get your car sideways and do a power slide?

Lexus is like this, I frequently drive an ls430 and it has traction control which can be turned off. however there is a built in traction control that will not allow you to get sideways and power slide.

IMO if that is true I appreciate a car being able to bail me out of driving stupid. But I drive my present car like my grandpa so I can live without any TC protection.

6spdcoupe
06-03-2006, 04:25 PM

If I really want to, yes I can wag my tail a bit. ;)

nadroj81
06-03-2006, 05:16 PM
If I really want to, yes I can wag my tail a bit. ;)

i could totally wrong. it has been known to happen. Hey another quick question. I was looking at the audison line of amps. Do you think i can run a LRX 4.300 and bridge the amp to power the front channels at RMS Output 2 x 210 Watts @ 4 Ohms and power those geraniums or will that be too much power?

i am taking the specs from woofersetc. the amp is well priced compared to the 2 channel 2 200watt which is around 700. I can get the 4 channel and bridge it to 2 for 450...

let me know what you think..
thanks,
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4223

6spdcoupe
06-03-2006, 05:46 PM
i could totally wrong. it has been known to happen. Hey another quick question. I was looking at the audison line of amps. Do you think i can run a LRX 4.300 and bridge the amp to power the front channels at RMS Output 2 x 210 Watts @ 4 Ohms and power those geraniums or will that be too much power?

i am taking the specs from woofersetc. the amp is well priced compared to the 2 channel 2 200watt which is around 700. I can get the 4 channel and bridge it to 2 for 450...

let me know what you think..
thanks,
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4223

Itll work just fine, although I wouldnt purchase from there.

nadroj81
06-03-2006, 06:02 PM
any reason why? their price is super low. where would you recommend i purchase from.

nadroj81
06-03-2006, 06:03 PM
how about sonicelectronix?

6spdcoupe
06-03-2006, 06:04 PM
any reason why? their price is super low. where would you recommend i purchase from.

Simply due to them not being a legit dealer. If you feel comfortable dropping that coin with someone thats not authorized and cant actually give you a warranty, then feel free.

Any real dealer.

nadroj81
06-03-2006, 06:11 PM
i'm stupid anyway, that 210watts was in mono. Which is not what i want. Ignore me....