PDA

View Full Version : Need Help For Building a Wall!!

lionel2
06-01-2006, 09:21 AM
I have a 00 blazer and i want to put a nice looking wall in it...here is how i want it...i have a 4 door so i have alot of room..i want to get rid of everything behind the driver and passenger seats...that means back seats gone..i want the wall right behind the front 2 seats...i am gonna do 4 15's JL 15w6v1's...400w rms each...i am not sure how many cubic feet to go with..need help on that...as for power i have a 200A alt...yellow top under hood and i need to get about 2 to 4 more yellow tops in the back...the subs are dual 4's wired to 2 ohm load...I have an amp that does 2000w @ 2 ohm...so i will be cool...i know i want muiltiple layers for the front of box where subs will be mounted..prolly about 2 to 3 inches thick...anyone else have any pointers or suggestions....pics would be nice on how to build and what it should look like..thanks

iamamp3pimp
06-01-2006, 11:35 PM
check my sig.....lots of pics coming.

also, double baffle EVERYTHING at least once.

Including the port.

iamamp3pimp
06-01-2006, 11:35 PM
you MUST seal off the front of the box, with the subs and port, from the rest of the cabin.

baseballer1100
06-02-2006, 10:47 AM
yeah defintly need more info im wantinmg to do the same thing. Checked out neverenoughbass but is there any other ways?

iamamp3pimp
06-02-2006, 12:50 PM
my sig maybe?

NeverEnuffBass
06-02-2006, 05:04 PM
A word of advice.... Building in the car would probably have been easier. I built everything out of the car and squeezed it in. I would also recomend that you make sure you build the wall so its comfortable enough for you to drive. By this I mean make sure its behind your seats far enough so that you aren't cramped if you plan on driving the car a lot. Walls add a ton of wieght. My car is a lot slower now and doesn't stop as fast as it did. Also noticed a decrease in gas mileage. You say you want a "nice looking wall" Expect to make a lot of beauty panels. PM me if you have any other questions

btnhfan
06-03-2006, 01:45 AM
Do you want to keep the frame and everything that will be exposed intact? Or do you not care what you destroy?