PDA

View Full Version : Mtx Txc6.1?

MTX_G9
05-30-2006, 11:01 AM
has anyone heard anything goos about these. i am looking to spend about 300 for a front stage set. i came across these since i have an MTX 9500. i was wondering if its worth the 240 ebay price, or should i go elsewhere. i have not heard these yet.

also was wondering what rainbow slc's go for.

thanks guys

Echo42987
05-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Polk Momo 6500

Hands down

MTX speaker FTL

-Nick-

Gary S
05-30-2006, 12:59 PM
MTX makes some pretty strong claims here:

http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/headtohead/TXC.CFM

I'm sure they are better than the polks listed above, because I have heard the Quarts listed on the mtx page right beside the polks... and the Quarts sounded much better.

They look like a best buy at thier price point.. that is one of the sets I've been looking at. By the way, that ebay price is around wholesale.

I also saw a test report on the web, but for the life of me, I cannot find it again. There was an issue about the response around the crossover point. It scored two points below the Focal utopia Be, based on installation issues.

Before you buy, consider PPI DCX-650S - they are a knock-off of the Polk SR6500 at half the price. Also, Diamond Hex are good in that price range.

giantgloworm
05-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Have a set in my truck right now running full range. Very nice upper end, but not harsh and very strong midbass. Alittle week in the midrange detail. Mine are biamped 75 to each tweet and mid. Tweets in dash and mids in doors or s-10. They will also get very loud and hold thier composure doing it. Great rock or pop speakers with very versital crossovers. Just make sure you have room infront of the mid. It has alot of cone movement. Also thier built on a slim chassie design do depth should not be a problem. Hope this helps Zach

mashley124
05-30-2006, 11:18 PM
I just had a pair installed in my max last week. They are powered by an Orion 8004. They are very clean sounding speakers. They match up well with the better known brands. They have good midbass and the highs are not harsh. I did have to tweek my headunit (eclipse 8445) because the voice on some recordings (women voices) were a little overbearing. But after the eq'uing, they are perfect.

MTX_G9
05-30-2006, 11:28 PM
thanks guys, i appreciate it. i think i am going to go with them.