PDA

View Full Version : 350z

DubbDesigns
05-30-2006, 01:21 AM
Anyone have one? I want one so bad! I might be getting one in August, hopefully. I gotta try to find a used one that will be under $16K and hopefully kinda low miles. I just watched the test drive video for a 350z and it seems like it is a pretty ****** car. Anyone have one with a system in it? If so post some pics.

IA2
05-30-2006, 02:33 AM
Ive got one.......but u probably aint gonna find one under 16k with low miles, unless it is a salvage title. Go to www.my350z.com/forum and search for stereo systems. There are some nice ones over there!

kuijo
05-30-2006, 02:37 AM
16K? Good luck.

bri487
05-30-2006, 02:39 AM
there was a guy on here, oravi or oravibass or something like that who has one. he doesnt ever post. i have seen his setup. a single xxx 12" in a fiberglass box. he lives in my town.

ssj2xxgotenxx
05-30-2006, 02:40 AM
You couldn't find a used Integra Type R for that kind of scratch.

spudracer326
05-30-2006, 02:43 AM
i dont own one but have driven one on multiple occasions....they are alright....kinda like the s2000....a fun car to drive but for the money there are ones that handle better and are faster...i.e. the turbo 4 doors(sti, evo)....they are a great car though....yeah and good luck with finding one for under 16000 in descent condition....

AcidicDreams
05-30-2006, 02:47 AM
Anyone have one? I want one so bad! I might be getting one in August, hopefully. I gotta try to find a used one that will be under $16K and hopefully kinda low miles. I just watched the test drive video for a 350z and it seems like it is a pretty ****** car. Anyone have one with a system in it? If so post some pics.

I would prefer a G35 coupe... too bad they don't make a G35x coupe... but it's more cash....

of course if I had 16g cash I'd buy a 300zx and put a new motor in it... I'd shoot for around 450hp, plus paint, plus stereo, tires and rim etc....

then again I'm a nissan/infinti freak....

just show me the old man with 70k in his pocket and I'll beat him senseless for the Skyline GTR that's coming next year

DubbDesigns
05-30-2006, 02:48 AM
I think of low mile as ~50K
I found one a while back that had like 55K miles looked nice, and was only 14K so hopefully I will be able to find it.
My mom says she might help me out later, but she is not able to work and is trying to get disability but they keep turning her down for some reason, but if she does finally get disability then that will help us out alot. It is gonna be hard for me to go in, with zero credit, and try to get a car. Especially with only a part time job at dairy queen bringing in less than $200/week :crap:

spudracer326
05-30-2006, 02:51 AM
dude you wont get a car with zero credit and working part time at dq...they proll wont let you drive it...to let you drive a new one(or used one in the 350z's case since it is a sports car) they like to see you either have a large down payment or a 700+ credit score...youll need a co-signer...

DubbDesigns
05-30-2006, 02:51 AM
Brand new they are about $26k. I want to try to keep it under 20K but if I have to, I will just buy a brand new one and be in debt for a while :crap:

DubbDesigns
05-30-2006, 02:53 AM
dude you wont get a car with zero credit and working part time at dq...they proll wont let you drive it...to let you drive a new one(or used one in the 350z's case since it is a sports car) they like to see you either have a large down payment or a 700+ credit score...youll need a co-signer...
Yeah, for sure. I am gonna trade in my car (for all it's worth :rolleyes: ) and have my parents co-sign

bri487
05-30-2006, 02:54 AM

i didnt have a job or any credit established whatsoever, and they let me test drive a bmw at a dealership, saab at a dealership, mini at a dealership, and my truck. all of those were brand new. the dealer didnt even go with my gf and i when i took a brand new $33k silverado off the lot, that is the truck i ended up buying.

spudracer326
05-30-2006, 02:54 AM
awsome...gl with the new car...have you considered an evo??

ArrizX
05-30-2006, 02:55 AM
16k?

your serious?

Oh wow.. LOL

DubbDesigns
05-30-2006, 02:56 AM
I also plan on hording up as much cash as possible to put down on it as well. I might end up waiting til after christmas to buy it, and as soon as I turn 18 (in august) get a credit card to use for like gas and stuff and pay it off every month to build up credit.

AcidicDreams
05-30-2006, 02:57 AM
I found one a while back that had like 55K miles looked nice, and was only 14K so hopefully I will be able to find it.
My mom says she might help me out later, but she is not able to work and is trying to get disability but they keep turning her down for some reason, but if she does finally get disability then that will help us out alot. It is gonna be hard for me to go in, with zero credit, and try to get a car. Especially with only a part time job at dairy queen bringing in less than $200/week :crap:

that's NOT going to happen.... get a FULL time job and you can get a kia or hundai.... why not get the full time job and get a hyundai tiburon... it's a little more in your price range, still plenty of fun and you could finance one at the hyndaui dealership... once you pay that off you might be able to swing something nicer...

also paying off auto loans is a great way to hit the credit jackpot

AcidicDreams
05-30-2006, 02:58 AM
I also plan on hording up as much cash as possible to put down on it as well. I might end up waiting til after christmas to buy it, and as soon as I turn 18 (in august) get a credit card to use for like gas and stuff and pay it off every month to build up credit.

by the time you have enough credit to buy one they'll be 16k :)

ohh and if you have a co-signer with good credit you should be all set

spudracer326
05-30-2006, 03:00 AM
i didnt have a job or any credit established whatsoever, and they let me test drive a bmw at a dealership, saab at a dealership, mini at a dealership, and my truck. all of those were brand new. the dealer didnt even go with my gf and i when i took a brand new $33k silverado off the lot, that is the truck i ended up buying.

...i understand the chevy dealer as they pretty much throuw the keys at you when looking at them(no stab at chevy as they are great trucks just with gas prices full size vehicles arent mmoving well)....most dealerships require a credit check atleast when driving a car like the s2000...i know the owner of a honda dealership near me and he says unless you old and have the established look they wont let you drive an s2000....or any car over 20,000 with out a credit check....the only one that surprises me is the bmw...but you said you paid cash for your truck right???just curious how did you afford the truck???

spudracer326
05-30-2006, 03:02 AM
a 700+ credit score doesnt happen overnight it can take years...just get a co-signer....

ssj2xxgotenxx
05-30-2006, 03:03 AM
DubbDesigns.... A little advice. Don't walk into a dealership looking to buy a car you can barely afford. It's not worth it to work your *** off just to make your car payment. You have your entire life to get a nice car so stick with the car you have now, study hard, get a good job, and then think about getting a nice car. I understand how it feels to be driving around a, "hand-me-downer" while all your friends are driving around nice cars, but they don't having a savings account quite as large as mines. In the long run, you'll be driving around your 2010 450z and they'll still be driving that same car...

DubbDesigns
05-30-2006, 03:03 AM
yeah, my parents do not have the best credit in the world, but it isn't too bad. I might be able to find someone in my family with better credit and have them co-sign. I should be able to put $2500 down plus whatever my car's trade in value will be worth.

Here is one of the 350z's that I found that is below $16K
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=202794081&dealer_id=57710992&car_year=2003&mod_bookmark_id=null&search_type=both&make=NISSAN&transmission=&distance=0&model=350Z&address=42633&make2=sel_one&certified=&advanced=y&max_mileage=&max_price=16000&bkms=1148972787939&min_price=1&end_year=2007&color=&start_year=2003&drive=&isp=y&engine=&body_style=CONVERT&body_style=COUPE&body_style=HATCH&body_style=SEDAN&doors=&fuel=&lang=en&cardist=830

spudracer326
05-30-2006, 03:04 AM
the 03;s have been known to have problematic trans formwhat ive heard....

bri487
05-30-2006, 03:05 AM
...i understand the chevy dealer as they pretty much throuw the keys at you when looking at them(no stab at chevy as they are great trucks just with gas prices full size vehicles arent mmoving well)....most dealerships require a credit check atleast when driving a car like the s2000...i know the owner of a honda dealership near me and he says unless you old and have the established look they wont let you drive an s2000....or any car over 20,000 with out a credit check....the only one that surprises me is the bmw...but you said you paid cash for your truck right???just curious how did you afford the truck???

i worked and saved up for a new truck someday. the deal was once i graduate from college the car they gave me was officially mine. well they let me use the money that i got for my car to help pay for the truck, since they knew i was going to college anyway, so i had some there, and whatever i saved up, and bought a truck, then did everything to it with what i had left over the same week.

AcidicDreams
05-30-2006, 03:06 AM
yeah, my parents do not have the best credit in the world, but it isn't too bad. I might be able to find someone in my family with better credit and have them co-sign. I should be able to put $2500 down plus whatever my car's trade in value will be worth.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=202794081&dealer_id=57710992&car_year=2003&mod_bookmark_id=null&search_type=both&make=NISSAN&transmission=&distance=0&model=350Z&address=42633&make2=sel_one&certified=&advanced=y&max_mileage=&max_price=16000&bkms=1148972787939&min_price=1&end_year=2007&color=&start_year=2003&drive=&isp=y&engine=&body_style=CONVERT&body_style=COUPE&body_style=HATCH&body_style=SEDAN&doors=&fuel=&lang=en&cardist=830

maybe you should go to college instead... put that $2500 into a used honda accord???

I'm still voting for a tiburon... $2500 would likely pay 1/4 of the value of a nice low mileage one

spudracer326
05-30-2006, 03:06 AM
ahhh now i understand....

bumpin_blazer
05-30-2006, 03:11 AM
at 17 you want a 350z with only making 200 a week and parents with not so good credit? not gonna happen, well not without MAD interest. as far as car loans go used are 2 things, 1 higher interest and 2 harder to get qualified for through a loan officer. throw on top your insurance will be another 2500 a year just for minimum coverage and i would stop dreaming personally.

on the topic of g35 coupe.........mmmmmm i'm thinking 07' g35 6mt is coming my way :D.

bumpin_blazer
05-30-2006, 03:12 AM

again not to sound like a ****, but if it takes a family member other than your parents to co-sign what makes you think they'll be like "sure here's my name basically saying if you fock up i'm screwed when your monthly payment will be what you make in 2 1/2 weeks." not trying to be a **** but a 16k loan on most used cars is 300+ a month.

bri487
05-30-2006, 03:20 AM
i forgot about the insurance thing. thats going to be a *****. you better hope you have a super clean driving record. my insurance with 1 accident and now having my truck is more than when i drove my cobra.

AcidicDreams
05-30-2006, 03:22 AM
i forgot about the insurance thing. thats going to be a *****. you better hope you have a super clean driving record. my insurance with 1 accident and now having my truck is more than when i drove my cobra.

he can't afford it.... at 18 with a sports car he's scrwed from step one.. plus if you buy on credit you HAVE to have full coverage...

get a tiburon!

bri487
05-30-2006, 03:24 AM
he can't afford it.... at 18 with a sports car he's scrwed from step one.. plus if you buy on credit you HAVE to have full coverage...

get a tiburon!

i was 16 with the cobra, with full coverage. expensive. but now i am at 500 a month because of accident that shouldnt ahve been my fault, but i got screwed by californias laws.

AcidicDreams
05-30-2006, 03:26 AM
i was 16 with the cobra, with full coverage. expensive. but now i am at 500 a month because of accident that shouldnt ahve been my fault, but i got screwed by californias laws.

well and your in cali too.... rates change state by state...

when I was in colorado I was paying 200/month for basic coverage on a 71 F250 because I was 21.... now with the same poor driving record I'm paying 90/month full coverage on a 95 4Runner.. :) being older is nice

ssj2xxgotenxx
05-30-2006, 03:27 AM

Holy F-ing cow.... that's alot of money just to freaking drive. I'll ride my bike thank you very much.

bri487
05-30-2006, 03:29 AM
Holy F-ing cow.... that's alot of money just to freaking drive. I'll ride my bike thank you very much.

yea, i was just informed of the increase this month. looks like i am in for an expensive ride for the next 3 years, not to mention the 100 a week at least to fill my truck up.

AcidicDreams
05-30-2006, 03:45 AM
College FTW:

spend 4-5 years in college, taking out maximum loans living well...

after you are done yah might have 40k debt

of course along the way you are surronded by some seriously hot and intelligent women...

graduate, get a job, pay off your loans in a couple years and buy something nicer than a 350z

want to be rich? become a speech pathologist

Mike Troll
05-30-2006, 03:53 AM
I was in your situation at 19...not so good credit, not a lot of money down and crap for income weekly. The dealership will rape you, I almost signed the paperwork on a $23,000 mazda 6, that after financing and fees and all that BS was almost $42,000.

Get a decent used car that you can afford. the one thing I recommend is make sure your payments are no more than what you make in a pay period AT THE VERY MOST. (I get paid weekly so I had a little less room to play with) When I bought my Mountaineer I was working at Mcdonalds bringing home about $250 a week. My payments on the Mounty are $228 now that I am older and have a much nicer job it doesnt hurt me and in fact my check weekly is a little over double what I pay monthly.

I guess what I am trying to say is dont try and keep up with your friends, some of us just werent meant to be spoon fed. I feel awesome everytime I get in my truck knowing that it is 100% mine and I make 100% of the payments. (I only say that cause my friends that drive nice cars have a silver spoon in there mouth)

So get a car you can afford (tiburon is an awesome suggestion BTW) pay it off and drive the **** out of it and save for that 350Z later on in life.

AcidicDreams
05-30-2006, 04:01 AM
Personally, I think the Tiburon is a terrible suggestion :fyi:

why?

bri487
05-30-2006, 04:03 AM
Personally, I think the Tiburon is a terrible suggestion :fyi:

me too. i would rather go with something used.

AcidicDreams
05-30-2006, 04:05 AM
me too. i would rather go with something used.

I was saying used tiburon

bri487
05-30-2006, 04:08 AM
I was saying used tiburon

thats like dating a crack***** who used to be a stripper.

Prowler573
05-30-2006, 04:09 AM
If you ever allow them to run a credit check on you prior to you making a solid decision to buy then you're a fool. Frequent credit checks can wear negatively on your overall credit score so the best policy when looking at cars is demand that there be no credit check performed prior to your agreement for them to do so (up to and including a written statement to that effect from the sales manager if necessary) :fyi:

bri487
05-30-2006, 04:11 AM
^^^i have always wondered why frequent credit checks actually work against you. why is that?

Prowler573
05-30-2006, 04:16 AM
^^^i have always wondered why frequent credit checks actually work against you. why is that? Courtesy of our friends at Las Vegas Home Search (http://www.vegashomesearch1st.com/articles/credit_score_help.html)

DOES MY CREDIT SCORE GO DOWN EVERY TIME IT IS CHECKED?
If you do all your shopping around in a short period, and it is focused on just getting a new home loan, then the answer is "no".

Credit inquiries are a negative factor in determining credit scores. That’s because statistical studies show that multiple inquiries are associated with high risk of default. Distressed borrowers often contact many lenders hoping to find one who will approve them.

Multiple inquiries can also result from applicants shopping for the best deal. The credit bureaus understand this and do not penalize you for it.

Credit scorers usually ignore inquiries, from a same industry, that occur within 30 days of a score date. Suppose I shopped a lender on May 30, for example, and the lender has my credit scored that day. Even if I had shopped 50 other lenders in May and they had all checked my credit, none of those inquiries would affect my credit score on May 30.

Now, if you are also shopping for a new car, a new big screen TV, and applying for new credit cards during this same period, yes, that will create negativity on your credit report.

Remember, this score is assessing the "risk" in giving you a new loan. If you are contacting may different types of lenders for many different products, you are giving the appearance of extending your credit our further and that makes you more risky.

You may also damage your credit if you spread your shopping over many months. Circumstances can cause a consumer to shop, drop out of the market, and return later when conditions are more favorable. You minimize the adverse effect by concentrating each shopping episode to as short a window as possible.

THUNDERBIRD
05-30-2006, 08:42 AM
haha then u aint getting that car kuz ur payments gonna be around$300 a month and add insurance on that and then gas there is all ur money plus

DubbDesigns
05-30-2006, 02:53 PM
haha then u aint getting that car kuz ur payments gonna be around $300 a month and add insurance on that and then gas there is all ur money plus
Unlike some of you, I still live with my parents. They have been paying my insurance ever since I got my liscense. My insurance right now, for just liability is $110/month. I have a clean record, haven't had any wrecks or tickets. They would help pay for the car, but if the insurance is too high, then I prolly won't be able to get it. There goes my hopes and dreams.

I wouldn't mind a tiburon, as long as it is a manual tranny. I will take anything that is mildly fast, looks kinda cool, and has a manual tranny in it. Maybe after having whatever car I get for a year or two I will be able to get a 350z.
aren't evo's kinda expensive too? There is one in somerset that is used and has like 60K miles and it is $14K. Plus it looks geigh because they tried to rice it out and it is yellow with a carbon fiber hood.

bumpin_blazer
05-30-2006, 02:58 PM
unless it's a real evo it's not fast. on insurance, if you don't own the car i.e. no auto loan you have to have full coverage. full coverage on a 18yr old in a 350z is going to be three times what you're paying now. easy way to find out just to one of the main insurance company websites and type in the Vin you got off autotrader see what they say. i'm curious to know.

AcidicDreams
05-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Unlike some of you, I still live with my parents. They have been paying my insurance ever since I got my liscense. My insurance right now, for just liability is $110/month. I have a clean record, haven't had any wrecks or tickets. They would help pay for the car, but if the insurance is too high, then I prolly won't be able to get it. There goes my hopes and dreams.

I wouldn't mind a tiburon, as long as it is a manual tranny. I will take anything that is mildly fast, looks kinda cool, and has a manual tranny in it. Maybe after having whatever car I get for a year or two I will be able to get a 350z.
aren't evo's kinda expensive too? There is one in somerset that is used and has like 60K miles and it is $14K. Plus it looks geigh because they tried to rice it out and it is yellow with a carbon fiber hood.

If I were you I'd avoid turbos till you have the money to fix them and pay speeding tickets... ohh and evo's are very expensive for a 4-banger... here are some suggestions

Hynduai Tiburon
Subaru 2.5RS
Honda Prelude
Toyota Celica GTS
Eagle Talon/Mitsu Eclipse (turbo's)
Nissan Sentra (there was an early 90's model that was a rocket, SE-R I think)

there are a few that would be fun, have lots of mod opportunities and some of them look cool (prelude/tiburon)...

AcidicDreams
05-30-2006, 03:03 PM

yah it MUST be a lancer EVO... not just a lancer or it's a SLOW *** wannabe

DubbDesigns
05-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I think I will just get something kinda cheap like a tiburon, or something. I will try to keep it under 12K. I will sell my car instead of trading it in so I might get $2000 out of it. Then hord up as much cash as possible to put down on it. My mom said if she gets her settlement she may be able to help me out a little bit.
I will prolly just get a loan from the bank and have my grandparents cosign since they have alot of money in that bank.
Maybe after a year or two I will be able to go and get a Z.

bumpin_blazer
05-31-2006, 12:05 AM
i've seen a VW beetle with a jet engine in it:D, want pics;).

bri487
05-31-2006, 12:16 AM
Sentra + rocket = :confused:

sentra + ??? = rocket

that is the correct equation. now figure it out algabraically

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 12:19 AM
Yeah, I think I will just get something kinda cheap like a tiburon, or something. I will try to keep it under 12K. I will sell my car instead of trading it in so I might get $2000 out of it. Then hord up as much cash as possible to put down on it. My mom said if she gets her settlement she may be able to help me out a little bit.
I will prolly just get a loan from the bank and have my grandparents cosign since they have alot of money in that bank.
Maybe after a year or two I will be able to go and get a Z.

better plan on getting a new job too... banks will look at your income and they aren't going to let you borrow enough for a Z if the payments are 2/3rds of your income

also check out the 240z's... I love the old school Z's... 260's and 280s are slick too... and you can get FI on 280's

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 12:20 AM
sentra + ??? = rocket

that is the correct equation. now figure it out algabraically

Sentra + ??? = Rocket

??? = Rocket - Sentra

that doesn't help...

Sentra SE-R's from the early 90's are a cult classic

Sentra + SE-R = Rocket

Of course you need to do mods and such... but it'd be a fun drive stock

bumpin_blazer
05-31-2006, 12:22 AM
acidic if it weren't for the pics you've sent i'd be confused lol.

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 12:24 AM
acidic if it weren't for the pics you've sent i'd be confused lol.

what you said confuses me though??

bumpin_blazer
05-31-2006, 12:35 AM
don't make me post a picture of a VDUB with 20ft flame's behind it lol.

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 12:38 AM
don't make me post a picture of a VDUB with 20ft flame's behind it lol.

??

MisterGrubbs
05-31-2006, 12:40 AM
For 16k, if you want fast and fun, buy an Evo, no questions asked. A used 350Z with 60k or more miles is still gonna run **** near 16k if not more, unless you get a hell of a deal you're screwed. I wanted a Z as well, but with my budget it didnt work out.

Got an 04 Mustang GT and not yet have I regretted it.

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 12:42 AM
For 16k, if you want fast and fun, buy an Evo, no questions asked. A used 350Z with 60k or more miles is still gonna run **** near 16k if not more, unless you get a hell of a deal you're screwed. I wanted a Z as well, but with my budget it didnt work out.

Got an 04 Mustang GT and not yet have I regretted it.

good times... if I had 16k cash I'd probably buy older and do a build up though... 16k could make a **** nice 240z... V8 swap?

NJAV1
05-31-2006, 12:42 AM
For 12k you're better off looking into the used market first, if you insist on something new off the lot then start thinking Scion.

Mitsubishi Evo's sticker for around $30,000+...US variant put out roughly 274 hp which is somewhat underrated. Europe has all the fun. I believe they still run a modified version of the 4G63 turbo motor found in the 2G DSM turbo's... Talon/Eclipse from back in the day.

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 12:44 AM
For 12k you're better off looking into the used market first, if you insist on something new off the lot then start thinking Scion.

Mitsubishi Evo's sticker for around $30,000+...US variant put out roughly 274 hp which is somewhat underrated. Europe has all the fun. I believe they still run a modified version of the 4G63 turbo motor found in the 2G DSM turbo's... Talon/Eclipse from back in the day.

those motors can take alot... I've seen alot of 12sec talon/eclipses of that era

MisterGrubbs
05-31-2006, 12:48 AM
All right, new Idea.

Take a Cobalt LS, cheap, and brand new.

Put a turbo on it.

I was told that(even though I might be wrong) the stock Ecotec engine put out **** near if not a little more than 300HP with a stock engine minus a turbo

Or, get a Miata and do a 302 Swap

If you want the fastest you can get in that price range, 01-02 WS6 Trans Am or an Evo, point blank.

That applies for 2000 or newer models cars, for the most part.

Those are the only cars in my head at this time anywho lol

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 12:50 AM
All right, new Idea.

Take a Cobalt LS, cheap, and brand new.

Put a turbo on it.

I was told that(even though I might be wrong) the stock Ecotec engine put out **** near if not a little more than 300HP with a stock engine minus a turbo

Or, get a Miata and do a 302 Swap

If you want the fastest you can get in that price range, 01-02 WS6 Trans Am or an Evo, point blank.

That applies for 2000 or newer models cars, for the most part.

Those are the only cars in my head at this time anywho lol

I wouldn't go adding turbos when I'm on a budget.... miata + 302 would screw up the whole point of the miata....

Evo is sweet... Transam is kinda ugly....

Mustang GT FTW if you want something newer.....

there is a new camaro coming out too

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 12:51 AM
Ftw!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/AcidicDreams/240z-etuv.jpg

marleyskater420
05-31-2006, 01:21 AM
car is ****. Tire feathering, bad tranny, wiper issues. It is a justifying POS. SO glad I didn't get one, and ended up with my GN.

bri487
05-31-2006, 02:14 AM
car is ****. Tire feathering, bad tranny, wiper issues. It is a justifying POS. SO glad I didn't get one, and ended up with my GN.

GN is a grandpas car.

until you stick 500 hp to the ground like marley does.

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 02:17 AM

what car...

gn's are cool

bri487
05-31-2006, 02:19 AM
what car...

gn's are cool

i think he was talking about the 350z.

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 02:22 AM
i think he was talking about the 350z.

ahh... I like them but prefer the G35... but for that kind of money I'd buy a more unique older car and make it mint.... and fast....

bri487
05-31-2006, 02:24 AM
ahh... I like them but prefer the G35... but for that kind of money I'd buy a more unique older car and make it mint.... and fast....

i want to do another cobra. nothing like a taking and already squirly car and throwing another 150 hp at it. watch out in a straight line though.

bumpin_blazer
05-31-2006, 02:28 AM
this is what i was talking of acidic;
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/bumpin_blazer/VDub.jpg

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 02:56 AM
this is what i was talking of acidic;
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/bumpin_blazer/VDub.jpg

Neat... but bugs **** even with the giant flames...

kuijo
05-31-2006, 03:15 AM
So wait.. you're going to use some of your mothers disability money to pay for a car you can't afford? Thats pretty ****ed up.

By something under 5k and do yourself a favor. You're 17. Why put yourself in so much debt now?

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 03:28 AM
yah if you can come up with 16k invest it in market funds...

12% (avg stock market index growth over the last 60 years)
42 years till you are 60

you could retire at 60 with 2,410,418.... now take that money invest it in bonds yeilding 8% and take out payments per month for 30 years assuming in the future you could make it to 90

you would get a $17,686 check EVERY MONTH!

that's 212,232 a year till you die.... even accounting for inflation that should be plenty to retire comfortably on...

or you could struggle to pay for a 350z + insurance + gas and drive around in a car that loses value day by day and with every mile you put on it...

hmmm... what makes sense....

then save up again and buy a 3k car that gets you around....

ssj2xxgotenxx
05-31-2006, 03:36 AM
yah if you can come up with 16k invest it in market funds...

12% (avg stock market index growth over the last 60 years)
42 years till you are 60

you could retire at 60 with 2,410,418.... now take that money invest it in bonds yeilding 8% and take out payments per month for 30 years assuming in the future you could make it to 90

you would get a $17,686 check EVERY MONTH!

that's 212,232 a year till you die.... even accounting for inflation that should be plenty to retire comfortably on...

or you could struggle to pay for a 350z + insurance + gas and drive around in a car that loses value day by day and with every mile you put on it...

hmmm... what makes sense....

then save up again and buy a 3k car that gets you around....

LOL 42 years? I agree with you about the investing aspect, but 42 years? We would've run out of fossil fuels before he gets a new car lol. OR the human race would be extinct due to global warming.

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 03:44 AM
LOL 42 years? I agree with you about the investing aspect, but 42 years? We would've run out of fossil fuels before he gets a new car lol. OR the human race would be extinct due to global warming.

right.... people have been waiting for the apocolypse for years and they just end up dyeing pennyless

what I am suggesting is invest THIS 16k NOW... then he'd never have to save again in his life, at least not for retirement...

then he should skamper off to college for a **** degree... or at least something like an electrician....

if your working pt at DQ and hoping to get 16k cars at 18 your just going to end up broke and pissed that you can't afford anything... before you know it you'll be voting
democrat and hating rich people...

faulkton
05-31-2006, 04:12 AM
haha..

I just saw a 350 at a dealship tonight... $31K.. it looked very 911-ish... i wish it was mine ;(

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 04:14 AM
haha..

I just saw a 350 at a dealship tonight... $31K.. it looked very 911-ish... i wish it was mine ;(

g35 coupe is better....

but neither drive like the 911... I've driven both...

but for 30g's I think I'd enjoy the g35 :)

ssj2xxgotenxx
05-31-2006, 04:17 AM
right.... people have been waiting for the apocolypse for years and they just end up dyeing pennyless

what I am suggesting is invest THIS 16k NOW... then he'd never have to save again in his life, at least not for retirement...

then he should skamper off to college for a **** degree... or at least something like an electrician....

if your working pt at DQ and hoping to get 16k cars at 18 your just going to end up broke and pissed that you can't afford anything... before you know it you'll be voting
democrat and hating rich people...

Agreed. But the 911 Turbo.... Speechless. As for the G35 Coupe.... Pitiful trunk space.

faulkton
05-31-2006, 04:21 AM
g35 coupe is better....

but neither drive like the 911... I've driven both...

but for 30g's I think I'd enjoy the g35 :)
never driven either one.. but been in a few 911's, and 914's.....924, and 944 to actually..

have some friends who are really into them. fun cars...but expensive if you cant work on them yourself and dont have hooks on parts..

the 350 was a very sexi car though..

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 04:37 AM
never driven either one.. but been in a few 911's, and 914's.....924, and 944 to actually..

have some friends who are really into them. fun cars...but expensive if you cant work on them yourself and dont have hooks on parts..

the 350 was a very sexi car though..

my fiances unlce has a 996 and he let me romp on it.... it was FUN!

fakename
05-31-2006, 10:40 AM
buy a supra

MisterGrubbs
05-31-2006, 10:52 AM
I resent the fact that someone said the WS6 Trans Am was ugly, I personally think it's a very good looking car.

I paid 15,999 for my 04 GT with 35k on it, you can look for something along those lines if you like. It's a 5spd 40th Anniv with the Pony wheels, and it gets plenty of attention and it's plenty fast enough

NJAV1
05-31-2006, 11:10 AM
those motors can take alot... I've seen alot of 12sec talon/eclipses of that era
1G Dsm's were lot more stable to mod the hell out of them and they always took the boost better than the 2G's. If I had my choice it would definitely be the 1G pushing about 21 psi. :D

Dave

bri487
05-31-2006, 05:35 PM
my fiances unlce has a 996 and he let me romp on it.... it was FUN!

i love porsches, especially the 996/997's. we have two 996's, but they are both for sale. :crying:

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 05:37 PM
i love porsches, especially the 996/997's. we have two 996's, but they are both for sale. :crying:

rich parents? mine are too but my dad doesn't give two shits about cars.. my dad drives a broken *** ford PU and my mom drives a 04 E500... and while I was at home our fastest car was a mini-van... :crap: :crap: I did manage to jump it a couple times though... and it's a conversion van so it's top heavy... it was more scary than fun

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 05:39 PM
I resent the fact that someone said the WS6 Trans Am was ugly, I personally think it's a very good looking car.

trans am's always have trashy women driving them too... ugg...

Randy Savage
05-31-2006, 05:41 PM
350z's are so ****ing played out...every wanna-be guido has one.

Mr. Opportunist
05-31-2006, 05:42 PM
i have had a cc since a lil after i turned 17 have a credit score of 733 i turn 18 in august as well...

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 05:43 PM
350z's are so ****ing played out...every wanna-be guido has one.

that's why you get the G35, 300zx or 280z

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 05:43 PM
i have had a cc since a lil after i turned 17 have a credit score of 733 i turn 18 in august as well...

car loan?

Randy Savage
05-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Same with the G35...might as well get a pink stiped button up shirt, some big, ugly sunglasses and blow your hair out.

Also, large silver neclaces will help.

AcidicDreams
05-31-2006, 05:46 PM
Same with the G35...might as well get a pink stiped button up shirt, some big, ugly sunglasses and blow your hair out.

Also, large silver neclaces will help.

huh, they aren't popular where I have lived... but then again you are in NY

Mr. Opportunist
05-31-2006, 05:46 PM
car loan?
going to try and get one in august for the new suburban...

spudracer326
05-31-2006, 05:55 PM
going to try and get one in august for the new suburban...

howd you get a 733 in a year with a cc???? just curious...it took me two+ years to get mine and that is with cc, car loan and my cell phone....these are all just in my name as well....and ive also never been late on any payment...

Mr. Opportunist
05-31-2006, 05:57 PM
kept making payments on it monthly and thats what it is, hell if i kno i get my credit report quarterly and thats what my last one was....

Randy Savage
05-31-2006, 05:57 PM
huh, they aren't popular where I have lived... but then again you are in NY

Yeah, I see them all the friggin time...I think the car is nice and all, but ****...too many people here have em.

spudracer326
05-31-2006, 05:59 PM
kept making payments on it monthly and thats what it is, hell if i kno i get my credit report quarterly and thats what my last one was....

well thats awsome if it only took a year...

Mr. Opportunist
05-31-2006, 06:00 PM
well thats awsome if it only took a year...
yeah i was shocked i guess i got lucky? lol

marleyskater420
05-31-2006, 07:45 PM
i want to do another cobra. nothing like a taking and already squirly car and throwing another 150 hp at it. watch out in a straight line though.

Im still pissed you sold it.Jewbert

bumpin_blazer
05-31-2006, 11:06 PM
i got to drive the hell out of a z28 today that i love:D. just go one of them man they are always good. get you a 00' z28 get er' up to 800whp and you're set:D.

bri487
06-01-2006, 01:40 AM
Im still pissed you sold it.Jewbert

dont worry, i will have another someday. i think i am going to build a crawler once i can afford it, when i am out of college, have a place to put it, and have time to enjoy it. then again, i am a horsepower nut. i want to do a 02-03 cobra, and aim for 700 hp, but that is a long ways away, and a lot of clams that i dont have.

IA2
06-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Speaking of 350Z's , here is mine :)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/joshp214/DSCF2478.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/joshp214/DSCF2479.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/joshp214/DSCF2476.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/joshp214/DSCF2481.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/joshp214/Birthday040.jpg

AcidicDreams
06-09-2006, 01:54 PM
other than the exhaust tips I like it, nice 350