PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with the never ending Type R's?

DarkFox
05-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Ok, so I just notcied that at any given time, in the first page of enclosure design board there is at least 4 variations of a Type R box question. whats the deal, why are there SO MANY people going with Type R's? I know that people are going to ask questions about doing there system but I have seen so many Type R posts that it leaves me wishing for a Type R spam filter while looking through the posts... Maybe there should just be a optimum box for 1 or 2 12" type R's sticky to clear things up... Just IMO thought...

Airman21
05-28-2006, 08:40 PM
because they are the best bang for your buck... get real loud cheap

dleccord
05-28-2006, 08:44 PM
cuz thats wut it iz

James Bang
05-28-2006, 08:58 PM
:wot:

iagrdshaka
05-28-2006, 09:01 PM
whats the deal, why are there SO MANY people going with Type R's?

because they had to cash in their Best Buy gift certificates on something. ;)

9512ds
05-28-2006, 09:02 PM
most people using them are idiots...

like as in iagrdshaka quote in his sig

bimma85
05-28-2006, 09:03 PM
because they had to cash in their Best Buy gift certificates on something. ;)
lol

rdzm50
05-28-2006, 09:05 PM
every forum has ppl over hyping subs so many ppl get them and well type Rs are cheap so it is a decent option.... and RE is over hyped... RE *****!!!

danteBirosel
05-28-2006, 09:12 PM
every forum has ppl over hyping subs so many ppl get them and well type Rs are cheap so it is a decent option.... and RE is over hyped... RE *****!!!

re ***** because its expensive right? or are u saying it actually does ****? or are u just HIGH??

-dante

James Bang
05-28-2006, 09:12 PM
most RE subs will play well around the low hz but will not blend well w/ midbass. IMO

as for Rs, never heard one.

jd_man_90
05-28-2006, 10:33 PM
I have to defend the R's being that i have two. as long as you know what your doing and don't spend too much on them like at bestbuy they get very loud for a reasonable price. I love mine but am about to sell mine for a 06 15l7.

as for the reason why there are so many posts about what box goes best with them i guess people are just too lazy to search

hofulstrof
05-28-2006, 10:37 PM
as for the reason why there are so many posts about what box goes best with them i guess people are just too lazy to search
x eleventy billion

joeldirt
05-28-2006, 11:39 PM
I've been asking my self this question the entire time... Not because I think they ****, but because though as popular as they are... I have never heard one... I wonder how good of a bang for the buck they really are... After seeing prochobos vid I can see they aint no bottom dollar beaters... The look like they can handle a good workout for such an average priced product for the general market... I would be interested in entertaining them in one of my enclosures to re-sell them being as though they are infact popular and most likely would sell quickly and easily.