PDA

View Full Version : Plz Save My Ears !

acura2005
05-28-2006, 08:03 PM
HI GUYZ
I need some help especially from those who own RE series Comps, my tweeters are extremely harsh, they are mounted in top panel of my door, how can i reduce their harshness, i am running them on pioneer headunit with 3 eq and other presets its not really helping me, should i change their location? use capacitor? i don't know much about crossovers but if i have to add capacitor i can do that. Any help would be great. I am at work and can still feel my ear.
Thanks!
p.s: if you make any suggestions, plz be specific so i can solve thir problem soon.

TreyE
05-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Turn down the treble...;)

SkwurlyFab
05-28-2006, 08:08 PM
am I just completly confused about your question or something? Cuz how can a capacitor POSSIBLY change the sound of a tweeter?:confused:

TreyE
05-28-2006, 08:08 PM
am I just completly confused about your question or something? Cuz how can a capacitor POSSIBLY change the sound of a tweeter?:confused:

i just ignored it because idk what hes talkin bout with the cap lol

squeak12
05-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Hes talking about a different kind of capacitor which is used to block out certain frequencies.

Where are the tweeters pointed?

Chevillac
05-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Where are they pointing? Did you try turning down the treble? Changing the crossover point?

acura2005
05-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Tweeters are placed near the hinge of the door on the door panel on a factory location, i tried lowering the treble it didn't much help. i don't think i can change the crossover point because crossovers are non-adjustable, if you suggest moutning in different location plz tell me what they refer to when they mention -> (AXIS). Thanks !

dak0ta_g33k
05-29-2006, 11:23 AM
mine are mounted in prefab q-logic kickpanels. don't sound very harsh down there.

alteraudiousa
05-29-2006, 11:37 AM
well the placement may be causing some of the harshness. Try mounting them in different locations lower but at more of an angle upwards towards the dome light and see if that helps. Also are they in phase or not?

jluv
05-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Tweeters are placed near the hinge of the door on the door panel on a factory location, i tried lowering the treble it didn't much help. i don't think i can change the crossover point because crossovers are non-adjustable, if you suggest moutning in different location plz tell me what they refer to when they mention -> (AXIS). Thanks !

'Axis", or "on axis" means having the tweeter installed on the center of the woofer, like a coaxial. In most cases, this is ideal. If you can't do it that way, then I would still try to keep the tweeter as close to the woofer as possible. Does your head unit have the ability to boost a certain frequency? If so, choose one that is lower. A lot of component sets have passive crossovers that will allow you adjust the tweeter presence (output). Turn down the treble some more. If none of that works, you might consider different tweeters.

3.5Max6spd
05-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Try this...reverse the polarity of the tweeters

acura2005
05-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Try this...reverse the polarity of the tweeters
Whats is the polarity? how can i reverse it? (+) to (-) switch the wires?
Thanks Guyz for your help, i will try each to see what works better.

jluv
05-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Whats is the polarity? how can i reverse it? (+) to (-) switch the wires?

Yes.