PDA

View Full Version : Subs in the trunk

Masadar
05-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Hey guys i got a couple question to ask and absolutly no time to search for the answers myself well i just got 2 free subs and am going to make a sealed enclosure for them so my First question is...

What kind of wood would i need to buy to construct it?

If the subs have to go in the trunk would it make more sense to aim them at the back seat instead of the bumper?

And last but not least what kinda info about my subs should i find out to post on here so i can get some tips on making my box sound the best i can make it and yeah sorry ppl but i gotta go to work sorry all if im bein a pain the *** THANKS ALOT!!!

boomzabit
05-27-2006, 02:20 PM
you want 3/4'' MDF ( medium density fiberboard ) aint toward the bumper. Tell us what subs you got

UndercoverPunk
05-27-2006, 02:32 PM
3/4" MDF, does your rear seat fold down?, and there are plenty of people here who can design you an enclosure for a small fee... $5-$10 usually...

Masadar
05-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Ok well the subs i have happen to be considerd "BAD" subwoofers they are Ultimate Platinum edition 12's 550watt maxx and just for the record i only bought them because they were on BLOWOUT prices the store had them listed originally at $256 Canadian each, and i got them on sale for about 80 bucks and i have a Legacy la1030 4channel 1000watt amp yet again i know its low quality stuff but the amp was totally free so imjust gonna make due for now. and id be open to someone designing one but i dont happen to own a credit card so im not to sure how id pay them either way love some more info thanks guys.

Masadar
05-27-2006, 10:40 PM
oh yeah i also forgot to add that no the seats dont fold open and the caar model is a 1993 Thunderbird ill be waitin for some replys THANKS!

Masadar
05-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Come on ppl i know my gear aint top notch but i would still apreciate the help you guys can give me to get it working the best it can.

paulie
05-31-2006, 06:34 PM
just start with some dimensions that you can accomodate in your trunk and go to like the the12volt.com and use their volume calculator and then go to the specs for your subs and get some measurements for an enclosure that matches the recommendations for the subs.

snb778
05-31-2006, 07:07 PM
3/4" Particle Board....stronger...lighter :-)

paulie
05-31-2006, 08:15 PM
3/4" Particle Board....stronger...lighter :-)

tougher to work with...

Masadar
05-31-2006, 10:40 PM
Hey guys the person making my sub box is an accomplished Contractor thats been working with wood for almost 35 years so im sure he can handle anything you through at him and when you say find the specs on my sub and use that to calculate what id need for a sub box do i have to look at all the numbers in the manual that id ont understand or just how big it is and what the wattag is? thanks for the quickr eply guys i mean it THANKS!

paulie
06-01-2006, 02:54 AM
no, there should be a section near all those numbers you dont understand that say like rec. sealed or rec. ported or rec. enclosure, something along those lines. if it says 1 cubic ft, then you try to make a box with an internal volume of 1 cubic foot. i searched for your subs and couldn't find them so i can't really help you there.