PDA

View Full Version : recommended sealed box for 15 inch L5s.

aaron7114
05-27-2006, 01:19 PM
I am fixing to get two 15 inch kicker solo baric L5s. I read the manual for these speakers and said the box can be anywhere from 1.5 cu ft to 6.0 cu ft. I was wondering what the best size box would be for my setup.

I've got a 94 accord. I will have the speakers pointing toware the back of the car so the bass will bounce off the trunk then come up to the front. I will be running 800 RMS to each sub. I am going more for SPL bc i have a decibel meter and right now I am hitting 145 db with two mtx 15s running at 400 rms each. I want to get louder than that, because right now there is one other person in my town hitting a 145, so i gotta beat him. :)

I dont want the SQ to be too bad though. But I am going more for SPL. It will most likely be two different sealed boxes because it will be pretty hard to get 1 big box in my trunk. So please when you recommend a size do one suggestion for each speaker. and another for both speakers together just in case I could make it into one box.

Thanks. :)

aaron7114
05-29-2006, 12:32 AM
Anyone?

Right now I have two mtx 15s in my trunk. They are in separate sealed boxes but they are 4 cu ft or 4.5 cu ft each i cant remember which one. Would this be a good size for the L5s? If so that would be a whole lot easier than building a whole new box. All I would have to do is change the hole.

However the speakers are facing the front right now. Would it be better if they were facing the back to bounce off the trunk then come up to the front?

The reason I have them facing the front is because the box is soo big that I was afraid the box would block ALOT of the bass and keep most of it from coming to the front.

This is a 94 accord.

jd_man_90
05-29-2006, 07:43 PM
if your going more for spl why r u going sealed? porting them will be way louder.

aaron7114
05-29-2006, 11:41 PM
if your going more for spl why r u going sealed? porting them will be way louder.

never built a ported box before, and dont have a whole lot of trunk space. Its in a 1994 honda accord.