PDA

View Full Version : whats the worst that could happen....

JKsentra
05-25-2006, 10:06 PM
i was thinking about buying this enclosure from this website.... here is the link
http://www.caraudiodeals.com/product_info.php?cPath=35_56&products_id=395

... anyways i dont have much money i tried making a box and failed misserably, how bad could this thing really be im running 2 subs at 100 rms each i noticed its particle board but its so cheap! haha
ohh and space is limited i was gona mount that enclosure upside down and facing my seats so i could still be able to change my tire. thanks!

05-25-2006, 10:08 PM
I would seriously not buy that.. those prefab peices of poop are horrible.. put in a little more money and someone on here might build you one.

knotslck
05-25-2006, 10:12 PM
the worst that could happen is your car would burst into flames and burn forever. but seriously no one on this forum is going to recomend a pre-*** box. the quality is less and the output is much less compared to what can be had with a custom box built for the particulars of your sub.

mikey060
05-25-2006, 10:14 PM
its 30 bucks, i say go for it.

azbass
05-25-2006, 10:14 PM
the box flying at your head. is pretty bad.

mikey060
05-25-2006, 10:16 PM
the box flying at your head. is pretty bad.

thats half the fun:naughty:

req
05-25-2006, 10:26 PM
if you seriously cant build a thing to save your life, and its only $30? go for it.

you are seriously only running 200w rms, then 1\2" isnt a big deal. if it was like 600 or more, id worry a bit.

sure the box could be alot better, but again - you can do anything about it and most likely its temporary.

not a big deal, just dont spend too much monies on it.

PV Audio
05-25-2006, 10:45 PM
the worst that could happen is your car would burst into flames and burn forever. but seriously no one on this forum is going to recomend a pre-*** box. the quality is less and the output is much less compared to what can be had with a custom box built for the particulars of your sub.
I actually laughed :laugh:

joeldirt
05-25-2006, 11:10 PM
Hmmm... your very first project... running 100 watts rms.... with that box.... you'll probably meet or exceed the quality of the products you already own... Go for it... It will produce some sound... As far as quality sound or loud sound goes... you most likely won't achieve your goals if that is what you are after... But for your money you will get what you pay for.... Which isn't much... if you don't have money and you aren't trying to impress the world with your system, and you want atleast somthing added to your stock system... go for it... people have to learn somewhere somehow... if you can do it within your budget go give it a whirl...

good luck.

budahbuddy803
05-25-2006, 11:28 PM
man i bought a prefab box for my 12s and i mean its loud and sounds fine, but if you build a box to the specs of your woofers then it will be a lot louder and sound better. $30 isnt bad though

NYRngrs24
05-26-2006, 01:00 AM
i built my first and only box for $40ish plus tax

2 x 3 x 6feet 3/4 MDF = $16
3 x 6 feet of carpet = $4
screws/glue = $10
spray on glue for carpet and misc accessories = $10
http://rossberenson.com/images/livejournal/sub1.JPG

designed in solidworks. i am a noob at this stuff. but id be more than happy to try and help you build a new one. I wont do it for you, but ill help you plan. and maybe be able to help you get on the right track

If I can do it, so can you

ssj2xxgotenxx
05-26-2006, 01:28 AM

screws/glue = $10

designed in solidworks. i am a noob at this stuff. but id be more than happy to try and help you build a new one. I wont do it for you, but ill help you plan. and maybe be able to help you get on the right track

Props on first build.

springy101
05-26-2006, 01:35 AM

screws/glue = $10

is that an ascendant audio arsenal you got there? i just bought one but have yet to install it.

paulie
05-26-2006, 03:12 AM
i have one of those boxes except dual 10's. only reason i bought it is cuz it was $30 and i was too lazy to build one. dont expect much. the terminals are SH*T. i took some liquid nails and tried to seal up the inside a little better. the corners were kinda busted in. it works, for sure, i was decently happy with the sound. if i were you, i would just go get a $20 sheet of MDF, some caulking, and some screws and you can have yourself a box for $30. just dont carpet it, maybe a $1 can of spray paint and you're set.

wlmrs
05-26-2006, 03:20 AM
If your not too serious about car audio then buy the pre-fab,if you are serious then pm me your box size dimensions and i'll send you a cutlist.I'm here for ya noob.

NYRngrs24
05-26-2006, 01:44 PM
its a crossfire car audio BMF 12in sub.

you cant see, but the amp is hiding behind it. it goes up against the seats.

also its not as big as it looks.

JKsentra - if u want help just ask and ill try.

JKsentra
05-26-2006, 02:03 PM
i got lucky and i found a local shop that gave me some advise! thanks guys.