PDA

View Full Version : TCAB boxes

yo0123yo
05-24-2006, 09:24 PM
how much would a box for two 12" L7's cost, i want it to sound LOUD, the reason im asking is because i'd like to know if they are expensive or not

req
05-24-2006, 09:31 PM
first get super pumped up. i mean like so pumped up your eyeballs start popping out. then punch yourself in the balls, and i mean SUPER punch. then open your wallet while you cry tears of blood and pay like $300 for a box.

thats how much they cost lol.

you could ask mark potts tho. it takes him several weeks to build them too.

bjfish11
05-24-2006, 09:36 PM
I will build you a box for half the price in half the time. ;)
Your balls will thank you later :blackeye:

yo0123yo
05-24-2006, 09:36 PM
oh wow, are they AMAZING boxes though or over hyped?

PepsiFiend69
05-24-2006, 09:42 PM
oh wow, are they AMAZING boxes though or over hyped?

a little bit of both;)

ssj2xxgotenxx
05-24-2006, 09:44 PM
I'd go with Bjfish11 or James Bang... They make excellent boxes, and they're rabbited edge pros. They pay very good attention to detail, and they're just pimps....

bjfish11
05-24-2006, 09:45 PM
I'd go with Bjfish11 or James Bang... They make excellent boxes, and they're rabbited edge pros. They pay very good attention to detail, and they're just pimps....
Well, thanks...... ;)

yo0123yo
05-24-2006, 09:49 PM
bjfish how much do you think the total will be on a nice box for two 12 L7's

bjfish11
05-24-2006, 09:51 PM
i need some more info please.....
mainly just how much airspace you want and if you want carpet or not, then ill send you a price.

bjfish11
05-24-2006, 10:10 PM
pm sent

skeptikal
05-24-2006, 10:32 PM
not to bullsh*t or anything, but TCAB boxes do get retarded loud.

Buy a 15" Type R + a TCAB box, and I guarantee you, you will be playing louder than a 15" RE XXX (2005 style) in a box you'd make for the exact same price if not less. with half the power none-the-less

but bj does make good boxes :P

bjfish11
05-24-2006, 10:35 PM
i have heard a lot of good things about them. Im definately not going to bash what Mark is doing. Im just offering a cheaper alternative but yet very high quality box. Im not going to sit here and say I will get as loud as Mark would, but i dont build ****** boxes.

Pyro_By_Nature
05-24-2006, 10:55 PM
The TCAB "secrets" aren't all that special ;)

I do boxes too, but I'm not as well known.

xpl0it
05-24-2006, 11:01 PM
someone build me a box for 4 12" L7s...

Pyro_By_Nature
05-24-2006, 11:02 PM
I would if you weren't such a rude *******.

Pop da Hatch
05-24-2006, 11:02 PM

$ 3,000,000 plz

bjfish11
05-24-2006, 11:06 PM
how big are you looking to go?

xpl0it
05-24-2006, 11:19 PM
I already have my box plans. 10.71 cubes NET before bracing, 37hz. Subs are flush mounted on a 1.5" baffle. 38" wide 26" Deep 25" tall

xpl0it
05-24-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm sorry for being rude to you mountaineerman, can we honestly be friends?

bjfish11
05-24-2006, 11:20 PM
ill build it, but shipping will rape

Prowler573
05-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Wow - what a surprise.....a thread entitled TCAB boxes and there's a pile of folks viewing. :laugh:

snova - thanks for gettin' that thread for me. :thumbsup:

9512ds
05-24-2006, 11:22 PM
I'm sorry for being rude to you mountaineerman, can we honestly be friends?

oh god man, honestly how ***** are you scott?

knotslck
05-24-2006, 11:24 PM
i really would like to purchase a tcab just to test it out compared to my boxes but **** i would be kicking myself in the *** the hole time then my g/f would probaly whip my *** because i didn't spend the money on her.

ssj2xxgotenxx
05-24-2006, 11:24 PM
I already have my box plans. 10.71 cubes NET before bracing, 37hz. Subs are flush mounted on a 1.5" baffle. 38" wide 26" Deep 25" tall

What kind of car is this going in? and x2 on the shipping... It would be like 4 black guys vs you in prison rapage.....

mattmcss
05-24-2006, 11:25 PM
oh god man, honestly how ***** are you scott?

haha, that was great :D

duckfart
05-24-2006, 11:38 PM
James bang built me a box for my subs sound nice and is loud all I pay was $100. Best 100 bucks I spent.

ballstothewall
05-24-2006, 11:53 PM

You do realize the freight on that beast would be more than the box cost right?

knotslck
05-24-2006, 11:56 PM

id say just put some wheels on it a drive the bizznatch. screw a car.

9512ds
05-24-2006, 11:57 PM
haha, that was great :D

glad i could bring humor my friend

IamDeMan
05-25-2006, 08:39 AM
I would if you weren't such a rude *******.ouch

PowerNaudio
05-25-2006, 09:06 AM
if any of you are interested in an enclosure built to the subwoofer specs and to you lithening preference and still fit in your vehicle. i can build it for you . i build the enclsoures as solid as they can be made and designed to get the most posible amount of bass out of the subwoofer. any ways send, me a pm if interested.
you can see some of my work in my sig.
laters

Pyro_By_Nature
05-25-2006, 09:09 AM
if any of you are interested in an enclosure built to the subwoofer specs and to you lithening preference and still fit in your vehicle. i can build it for you . i build the enclsoures as solid as they can be made and designed to get the most posible amount of bass out of the subwoofer. any ways send, me a pm if interested.
you can see some of my work in my sig.
laters

That's it, you only design it around the sub? :eyebrow:

I know the TCAB secrets, do you? ;) :p: :D :up2somet: I also know the P4S secrets.Oddly enough its not too far off what I have been doing.

While this is an advertising post, I also build very strong enclosures, and I design them around more than just the sub ;) more around the user/vehicle/sub/much more.Labor is reasonable, and I do not overcharge on materials or shipping.As usual you can PM me for a quote.

PowerNaudio
05-25-2006, 01:58 PM

I know the TCAB secrets, do you? ;) :p: :D :up2somet: I also know the P4S secrets.Oddly enough its not too far off what I have been doing.

While this is an advertising post, I also build very strong enclosures, and I design them around more than just the sub ;) more around the user/vehicle/sub/much more.Labor is reasonable, and I do not overcharge on materials or shipping.As usual you can PM me for a quote.

oh wait did i forget to mension vehicle cab resonace. :crazy: oh yes i did.:rolleyes:
since its one of those thing i take into account automaticaly when i talk to the customers and ask them "in what vehicle is this going in". :naughty:
is like one of those things you do on the back of your head and wish you got it right.
since im not going to have a customer run out to their vehicle with a sub and a sealed enclosure trying to figure out the resonant frequency of the vehicle,so that i can use results in my calculations for cabin gains.
i do, do it, if the vehicle is brought in for me to build the enclosure.

if a subwoofer enclosure performs excelent out side a vehicle or at least to what it was predesigned for, a little bit of equalization is all that its needed to bring the freguency responce of the enclosure to a flater or peaky in side the vehicle, by ether attenuating or bosting freqs to fine tune the subwoofer syste to what the customer is looking for.

if loud is what a customer is looking for i have the majic wood. lol to work loud.

im more in to building enclosures that gets every thing that the sub has to provide . that way the customer get their moneys worth on the sub and the enclosure.

spl enclosures are only realy using one aspect of the subwoofers ability to produce sound.

i have proved that my designs and builing technices work over and over again on all the enclosures that i have built, customers are allways happy when they can go from playing rap to playing hard rock without making critical adjustments to the subwoofer equlization and still sound awsome and if they have to adjust, is not much.

with that saied, enogh advertising for one day :up2somet: lol

if anyone needs help let me know i can lend you a hand on a design or build.

laters

Pyro_By_Nature
05-25-2006, 03:26 PM
You tryin' to outdo me? :eyebrow: :p:

ssj2xxgotenxx
05-25-2006, 04:23 PM
I think we should have a competition... All of you build me a box, and send them to me, and I'll be the judge. Since I'm such a nice guy, I won't charge you guys as long as you let me keep the boxes for free :)

snb778
05-25-2006, 04:27 PM
i got it...how about you all build a box, then see if it sounds as good, or as loud, or both (doubt it) as a TCAB...and then you can say you beat THE WORLD CHAMP! DONT FORGET THAT LITTLE FACT

Spkrman
05-25-2006, 06:42 PM
i really would like to purchase a tcab just to test it out compared to my boxes but **** i would be kicking myself in the *** the hole time then my g/f would probaly whip my *** because i didn't spend the money on her.

Give her the box? :cool:

snb778
05-25-2006, 06:46 PM
then you are a little whipped ***** and dont deserve a TCAB....TCAB is for MAN POWA!!!!, or LADY POWA!!, but not whipped guys, sry.......and im only reacting this way because my friend now has a power hungry girlfriend and is completely whipping him, and making her own needs his first priority with his money.....he doesnt have a job...he hasnt had a job in about 8 months...she works...she's been working...she doesnt spend ANYTHING on him, she makes 18/hr...plenty for being 21.......yet he has to spend all his money on her!!!???

Spkrman
05-25-2006, 06:48 PM
I do make quite a box... not proven by what someone who went from 2 xplod 10's in a leaky sealed prefab to 2 15" R's in my box...But proven by actual competitions, and actually winning :)

TCAB box last year, 3rd place MECA FINALS in AS2... and he was well underpowered for the class, and was in a taurus.

This year, AS2 record holder thus far, AS1 record holder as soon as he gets to a show, and AS3 if anyone wants me to build for them. AS is meter at the headrest playing music... just to let you know that I don't build fart boxes. Most see the numbers they put out... and immediately assume they are high tuned straight SPL boxes, and thats just not the case.

My personal accolades would be MECA M1/MR1 world champ last year... and having the absolute loudest musical car alot of people have heard, and only using 2 type R 12's to do it =). I have vids, comp results, and 100's of satisfied customers to back me up.

I get the Q about res freq quite a bit, and its just not a factor for a strong daily box.... and most of the time the "res" freq is useless in SPL. You can put a different box in the car, and bam, it wants a different note... you can hold a certain panel, poof, play 2hz lower... you can move the mic 6", now you have to change the note. You also can't calculate the res freq... way too many factors. I've been there, done that... and it really just doesn't work.

Can you use the *measured* res freq to get an idea of where to head, sure... its not totally useless. But you can sit on the computer, calculate the "perfect" box, drop it in the car, it peaks 5hz lower than you thought, and isn't loud at all... it happens alot.

Spkrman
05-25-2006, 06:48 PM
then you are a little whipped ***** and dont deserve a TCAB....TCAB is for MAN POWA!!!!, or LADY POWA!!, but not whipped guys, sry.......and im only reacting this way because my friend now has a power hungry girlfriend and is completely whipping him, and making her own needs his first priority with his money.....he doesnt have a job...he hasnt had a job in about 8 months...she works...she's been working...she doesnt spend ANYTHING on him, she makes 18/hr...plenty for being 21.......yet he has to spend all his money on her!!!???

"friend" right, LMAO :naughty:

Now go pimp some ho's :cool:

Spkrman
05-25-2006, 06:52 PM

I dont think you know the secrets :cool:

snb778
05-25-2006, 07:13 PM
its gotta be the glue....right.....glue adds 10 db min.

Spkrman
05-25-2006, 07:17 PM
its gotta be the glue....right.....glue adds 10 db min.

hush y0 mouth....!

mods delete, giving away top secret info!

and its 100db, btw.

PV Audio
05-25-2006, 07:21 PM
The advertising in this thread is extraordinary.

Spkrman
05-25-2006, 07:25 PM
The advertising in this thread is extraordinary.

well, its on topic... at least my post. Guy asks about TCAB, I tell em... technically, everyone else is dumping :)

cadenceowner
05-25-2006, 07:58 PM
I do make quite a box... not proven by what someone who went from 2 xplod 10's in a leaky sealed prefab to 2 15" R's in my box...But proven by actual competitions, and actually winning :)

TCAB box last year, 3rd place MECA FINALS in AS2... and he was well underpowered for the class, and was in a taurus.

This year, AS2 record holder thus far, AS1 record holder as soon as he gets to a show, and AS3 if anyone wants me to build for them. AS is meter at the headrest playing music... just to let you know that I don't build fart boxes. Most see the numbers they put out... and immediately assume they are high tuned straight SPL boxes, and thats just not the case.

My personal accolades would be MECA M1/MR1 world champ last year... and having the absolute loudest musical car alot of people have heard, and only using 2 type R 12's to do it =). I have vids, comp results, and 100's of satisfied customers to back me up.

I get the Q about res freq quite a bit, and its just not a factor for a strong daily box.... and most of the time the "res" freq is useless in SPL. You can put a different box in the car, and bam, it wants a different note... you can hold a certain panel, poof, play 2hz lower... you can move the mic 6", now you have to change the note. You also can't calculate the res freq... way too many factors. I've been there, done that... and it really just doesn't work.

Can you use the *measured* res freq to get an idea of where to head, sure... its not totally useless. But you can sit on the computer, calculate the "perfect" box, drop it in the car, it peaks 5hz lower than you thought, and isn't loud at all... it happens alot.

ill be the AS3 winner. to bad my cars to big and my moms a f*ck and wont let me car to any meca shows outside the state anymore:furious:

James Bang
05-25-2006, 08:15 PM
what a f*ck ^^^

your mom>you ;)

tommyk90
05-25-2006, 08:17 PM
ill be the AS3 winner. to bad my cars to big and my moms a f*ck and wont let me car to any meca shows outside the state anymore:furious:

WTF.

The wisconsin show is like an hour and a half away from you. It should depend on how far the drive is, not what state the show is in.

Abel
05-25-2006, 08:17 PM
what a f*ck ^^^

your mom>you ;)

:ohsnap:

knotslck
05-25-2006, 08:29 PM

actually my g/f is very understanding and likes car audio as well she has 2 type rs in her trunk and loves to wang the **** out of them. Maybe you should just stick with boys since you don't know how to treat women. :rolleyes:

bimma85
05-25-2006, 08:31 PM
tcab is like smoking crack, just say no

cadenceowner
05-25-2006, 08:40 PM
WTF.

The wisconsin show is like an hour and a half away from you. It should depend on how far the drive is, not what state the show is in.

i kno wtf stupid ticket fu(ked me over like 3 times :crap:

Pyro_By_Nature
05-25-2006, 09:38 PM

Actually, I do ;) you're not a rocket scientist.Like I said before, give me a month or two (maybe more if I end up moving) and I'll put one of my boxes on the meter, against yours, playing music.If you wish I'll even go by the stupid meca rules for whatever class I'd fit in.That is, given I buy a meter.

See, these builders get so **** cocky (using John Nolte and Mark Potts as an example), and they think no one else can build a box as good as them.Or someone doesn't know their secrets ;) Well guess what, you're wroooooong again.

Spkrman
05-25-2006, 09:42 PM
Actually, I do ;) you're not a rocket scientist.

See, these builders get so **** cocky (using John Nolte and Mark Potts as an example), and they think no one else can build a box as good as them.Or someone doesn't know their secrets ;) Well guess what, you're wroooooong again.

come see me in the lanes :crying:

Spkrman
05-25-2006, 09:43 PM
tcab is like smoking crack, just say no

Actually, when your smoking crack... its more like "give me some more"... or... "I'll do *anything* for another hit"

If TCAB was like crack, I would be a very wealthy man.

Pyro_By_Nature
05-25-2006, 09:54 PM
come see me in the lanes :crying:

I'm not driving to ohio for one competition.That's what I hate about living out here, closest comps. are probably cali and ks.

MisterE
05-25-2006, 09:57 PM
i understand the need to make money. i make money too, but what happened to the good ol days of sharing box building tips? no im not trying to STEAL your secrets and release them upon the world so I can trump you and take your trophys and your business, so guys chill, but theres a difference between building high quality enclosures that have tiny differences and charging a lot for them and helping out people that are going to build their own anyways, and building high quality enclosures for people that wouldnt build their own anyways and still helping out fellow car audio enthusiasts.

i guess im just getting tired of all the greedy people and when someone asks a box question, just getting winks and hints to buy their products. ho hum

knotslck
05-25-2006, 10:05 PM
i understand the need to make money. i make money too, but what happened to the good ol days of sharing box building tips? no im not trying to STEAL your secrets and release them upon the world so I can trump you and take your trophys and your business, so guys chill, but theres a difference between building high quality enclosures that have tiny differences and charging a lot for them and helping out people that are going to build their own anyways, and building high quality enclosures for people that wouldnt build their own anyways and still helping out fellow car audio enthusiasts.

i guess im just getting tired of all the greedy people and when someone asks a box question, just getting winks and hints to buy their products. ho hum

i agree with you it would be nice for there to be like a ******* sticky of box building formulas and tips that the "pros" use and help out all of us noobs build better boxes and learn at the same time. i honestly think i would not hurt anyones business because most of the people that have someone else build them a box were not going to make one for themselves anyway, i'm just for more learning and less bullsheet on this forum.

Spkrman
05-25-2006, 10:07 PM
if I was going to let all my secrets out, I'd write a book.

There have to be trade secrets... thats just the nature of any trade - be it carpenter, pro racer, or woofer box builder.

THat being said, lots and lots and lots of info is already out there... but you can only take that to the next level with experience.

PowerNaudio
05-31-2006, 08:53 AM
You tryin' to outdo me? :eyebrow: :p:

not realy!

i prefer enclosures that actualy enhance every last once of sound that the subwoofer can produce, it being loud is just a secondary effect, a well designed and built enclosure to match the sub will shield the best of both worlds a loud system that has SQ, and no, im not talking about an SQL enclosure and im not saying that it will compete with a system designed for just SPL.
but getting a sub to recreate the music that your HU is sending to the amp is a combination of a properly designed enclosure that allows the sub to properly reproduce the audio signals.
of course that assuming that the amp, head unint and all other aspects are up to the task including a quality sub woofer.

just saying.

ramos
05-31-2006, 02:50 PM

Don't know which "secrets" you are referring to exactly. Nothing I saw in the three brought to me were anything super duper top secret g14 classified or anything. :)

iceteebone
05-31-2006, 02:57 PM
does tcab make boxes for something other then a type r? i wanna a price quote on a box for my 12" infinity reference please. i wanna test it against my box

snb778
05-31-2006, 03:18 PM
not realy!

i prefer enclosures that actualy enhance every last once of sound that the subwoofer can produce, it being loud is just a secondary effect, a well designed and built enclosure to match the sub will shield the best of both worlds a loud system that has SQ, and no, im not talking about an SQL enclosure and im not saying that it will compete with a system designed for just SPL.
but getting a sub to recreate the music that your HU is sending to the amp is a combination of a properly designed enclosure that allows the sub to properly reproduce the audio signals.
of course that assuming that the amp, head unint and all other aspects are up to the task including a quality sub woofer.

just saying.

Ok, now let me ask you a question about this TYPE of box....if you want a box that has every acoustical charicteristic, do you have any idea how much that would cost you...and how much money you would be wasting...because the difference in sound would be barely even audible.......you can even ask mark...I requested a TCAB from him...I wanted it re-enforced, and 45 DEG. on all corners and edges and seems so there were absolutely no 90 DEG parts in the entire box....because ACOUSTICALLY that is the best for a box. FROM EXPERIENCE AND TESTING...he told me that for the extra time and money it would cost it wasnt worth it because to the mic...it barely makes a diff....if any at all.

NOW...when i went to school we designed a box that was re-enforced to the point where you look in the box, and there is basically a basket made of wood to fit the sub, wit all 45deg corners for 2 10" L7's....they sold it for 500 bucks!!!!!!

So you go ahead and pay all that money for your "acoustically correct" built box....

now on the other hand....most shops do charge 200+ or close enough to that for a WELL DESIGNED dual 12" or dual 15" ported box....id say maybe 1 in 10 boxes that I hear from local shops can get as loud as a TCAB.....but the diff is these local shops have to put in good effort to get as loud as a TCAB for AS class competition...aka street beater.......now put your general local shops competition box against a TCAB competition box for just SPL...designed for SPL.....obviously,,,the reigning world champ would probably win..

AND WHY DO ALL YOU HATERS TALK TOOOO MUCH TRASH......YET DONT BACK IT UP!!! LETS SEE SOME NUMBERS BICHES!!

forceofwill
05-31-2006, 03:21 PM
does tcab make boxes for something other then a type r? i wanna a price quote on a box for my 12" infinity reference please. i wanna test it against my box

Yeah, he'll make a box for whatever you want. He's making a box for my shocker.

iceteebone
05-31-2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah, he'll make a box for whatever you want. He's making a box for my shocker.

i was being sarcastic but aight :)

***goes and requests price quote :laugh: ***

iceteebone
05-31-2006, 03:31 PM
Thanks!

Thanks for your Quote Request! Look for a reply within 24 hours!

can't wait to hear how much he says :laugh:

snb778
05-31-2006, 03:39 PM
i bet he says no more than 30 MORE than the local installer...for 30% MORE performance

iceteebone
05-31-2006, 03:41 PM
i bet he says no more than 30 MORE than the local installer...for 30% MORE performance

the nearest local shop is 70 miles away and that is a circuitcity so yea i hope it's better. if he isn't too outrages i'm gonna buy it and do a comparison with my box.

ramos
05-31-2006, 03:43 PM
Ok, now let me ask you a question about this TYPE of box....if you want a box that has every acoustical charicteristic, do you have any idea how much that would cost you...and how much money you would be wasting...because the difference in sound would be barely even audible.......you can even ask mark...I requested a TCAB from him...I wanted it re-enforced, and 45 DEG. on all corners and edges and seems so there were absolutely no 90 DEG parts in the entire box....because ACOUSTICALLY that is the best for a box. FROM EXPERIENCE AND TESTING...he told me that for the extra time and money it would cost it wasnt worth it because to the mic...it barely makes a diff....if any at all.

NOW...when i went to school we designed a box that was re-enforced to the point where you look in the box, and there is basically a basket made of wood to fit the sub, wit all 45deg corners for 2 10" L7's....they sold it for 500 bucks!!!!!!

So you go ahead and pay all that money for your "acoustically correct" built box....

now on the other hand....most shops do charge 200+ or close enough to that for a WELL DESIGNED dual 12" or dual 15" ported box....id say maybe 1 in 10 boxes that I hear from local shops can get as loud as a TCAB.....but the diff is these local shops have to put in good effort to get as loud as a TCAB for AS class competition...aka street beater.......now put your general local shops competition box against a TCAB competition box for just SPL...designed for SPL.....obviously,,,the reigning world champ would probably win..

AND WHY DO ALL YOU HATERS TALK TOOOO MUCH TRASH......YET DONT BACK IT UP!!! LETS SEE SOME NUMBERS BICHES!!

Don't talk trash my brother just facts. not everyone is chasing after tenths on a mic. :)

ramos
05-31-2006, 03:45 PM

30% more performance ? so if my local shop builds an enclosure. It puts up a 150, the tcab is gonna do 195 ? Can I get that in writing ? :)

snb778
05-31-2006, 04:01 PM
ok, i dont want to fight over this...but I SAIDDDDD maybe 10% of most peoples local shops...the shops that have never built a competition car, or SPL vehicle.... can not build a street beater box for 2 12" type R's that will do a 150...with hardly any effort. Maybe if they really tried, and built a great designed box....that will cost 200+ anyways...

if the shops around you can do this, then feel fortunate...you personally might have the numbers on your box...but did you build it?? or did the shop?? or do you own the shop...... do you compete?? was the box built knowing it was goign to be in competitions..... and if you didnt intend to compete, or if you WERE NOT going for a competition box....lets see the numbers man.

ramos
05-31-2006, 04:12 PM
ok, i dont want to fight over this...but I SAIDDDDD maybe 10% of most peoples local shops...the shops that have never built a competition car, or SPL vehicle.... can not build a street beater box for 2 12" type R's that will do a 150...with hardly any effort. Maybe if they really tried, and built a great designed box....that will cost 200+ anyways...

if the shops around you can do this, then feel fortunate...you personally might have the numbers on your box...but did you build it?? or did the shop?? or do you own the shop...... do you compete?? was the box built knowing it was goign to be in competitions..... and if you didnt intend to compete, or if you WERE NOT going for a competition box....lets see the numbers man.

Don't judge with a TL in SQ my brother. I have personally built everything that has ever gone into mine, or any other family members cars. Do I own a shop ? no . Did I own a shop ? Yes. Do I compete ? Not recently, but have in the past . This ain't my first rodeo cowboy. Lot's of these "mystical secrets" are old school tricks my brother. Numbers ? Numbers don't mean jack to me, I drive a fooking convertable. But if you stick around long enough, you never know what I might get into :)

Randy Savage
05-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Don't judge with a TL in SQ my brother. I have personally built everything that has ever gone into mine, or any other family members cars. Do I own a shop ? no . Did I own a shop ? Yes. Do I compete ? Not recently, but have in the past . This ain't my first rodeo cowboy. Lot's of these "mystical secrets" are old school tricks my brother. Numbers ? Numbers don't mean jack to me, I drive a fooking convertable. But if you stick around long enough, you never know what I might get into :)

Listen up, old timer.

TCAB is the loudest/best sounding/best looking/cooks the best burgers in teh werld.

:rolleyes: :p: :D

mazdakid
05-31-2006, 05:36 PM
why doesnt someone with a tcab just show us the insides and anything else that would be important?

HotCarl
05-31-2006, 05:38 PM
why doesnt someone with a tcab just show us the insides and anything else that would be important?

there is nothing special on the insides.

bimma85
05-31-2006, 05:44 PM

your opinion is pretty much worthless ;) :naughty: :)

mazdakid
05-31-2006, 05:45 PM
nothing special on the insides, and ive seen him say not to use bracing, cant be nothin too special about these boxes

gl0ck
05-31-2006, 05:47 PM
custom made aero ports that has to be the secrets along with a amazing design program

Ricky616
x2 its just a properly built box that is made with the subs in mind and the car that the box is going in too :D

HotCarl
nothing special on the insides, and ive seen him say not to use bracing, cant be nothin too special about these boxes

meh, its just a good design and good building, but it comes w/ a hefty price tag.

sub/port placement is a pretty big factor.

i used to have a tcab box for a pair of type r's.

Mr. Opportunist
05-31-2006, 05:52 PM
custom made aero ports that has to be the secrets along with a amazing design program
no design program :laugh: its magical spl juice :naughty:

bimma85
05-31-2006, 05:54 PM
no design program :laugh: its magical spl juice :naughty:
:confused: so its not dust then? Can I buy this juice at BB? :naughty: :up2somet:

Mr. Opportunist
05-31-2006, 05:55 PM
:confused: so its not dust then? Can I buy this juice at BB? :naughty: :up2somet:
i think it comes in a tube and is self replenishing :crazy: :D

gl0ck
05-31-2006, 05:58 PM
i think it comes in a tube and is self replenishing :crazy: :D

ill take 3

Spkrman
05-31-2006, 07:57 PM
Listen up, old timer.

TCAB is the loudest/best sounding/best looking/cooks the best burgers in teh werld.

:rolleyes: :p: :D

TCAB boxes make peanut butter too

birch makes peanut butter and jelly

Spkrman
05-31-2006, 07:58 PM

depends on the box, but generally... well, it depends on the box :)

There is always more than meets the eye ;)

Randy Savage
05-31-2006, 07:58 PM
You should join the Dr. Phil moustache club.

Spkrman
05-31-2006, 08:03 PM

damit... I just shaved it off. :(

Randy Savage
05-31-2006, 08:05 PM
damit... I just shaved it off. :(

You can still call and ask.

iceteebone
05-31-2006, 11:30 PM
$190 shipped. no thanks :laugh:

Mr. Opportunist
06-01-2006, 12:03 AM
ill take 3
good luck removing it from his midsection :up2somet:

:laugh:

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 03:59 AM

sry, I'm not ebay :)

audiofreak94
06-01-2006, 04:00 AM
sry, I'm not ebay :)

your 3 times more then what i paid for the sub :laugh:

forceofwill
06-01-2006, 04:09 AM

That's it? I don't get it, only 190 and people are complaining? How old are people here...:eyebrow:

audiofreak94
06-01-2006, 04:10 AM
That's it? I don't get it, only 190 and people are complaining? How old are people here...:eyebrow:

materials cost $50, shipping $40, so no i will not pay $100 labor, especially for a box that i really don't need

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 04:12 AM
your 3 times more then what i paid for the sub :laugh:

well, you could pay retail for an old XXX and the box will still be approx the same $... add $5-10 for the double baffle... and thats it.

Sorry, I don't build less of a box for cheaper woofers.

And, thats a great price :crazy:

audiofreak94
06-01-2006, 04:14 AM
well, you could pay retail for an old XXX and the box will still be approx the same $... add $5-10 for the double baffle... and thats it.

Sorry, I don't build less of a box for cheaper woofers.

And, thats a great price :crazy:

it can be had fro others a lot cheaper. i'm not gonna pay that just to use it for comparison

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 04:14 AM

not old enough to realize the cost of skilled labor...

If I was an electrician or a plumber, "100" for 4-6 hours of labor would be a hell of a deal.

Tell a plumber you'll give em $100 for him to work @ your house for 6 hours, he will laugh in your face.

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 04:16 AM
it can be had fro others a lot cheaper. i'm not gonna pay that just to use it for comparison

doesn't bother me at all :)

What is the going rate for an aeroport box, perfect construction (no funky edges... which should be a given), quality design, good carpet (not felt), and 6-10 feet of 12ga wire?

forceofwill
06-01-2006, 04:17 AM
materials cost $50, shipping $40, so no i will not pay $100 labor, especially for a box that i really don't need

Yeah, if you don't need it. Can't expect people to make these things for free tho. People act like they want to buy a box shipped from someone for the price it would cost them to make it themselves though.

I built the last 5 enclosures for my car and pretty much figured out what was going and not going to work. Then talked it through with him and figured out what I wanted. I think the price I payed was pretty reasonable for me not having to do anything. Especially when you consider if you buy 6" aero ports from that site they want like $60 a piece for them. TBH I didn't consider buying a box from him when I saw his older stuff. I can build decent MDF boxes all day long. But now I want a really nice final box in birch that will last me at least until I sell the car, so I payed the price for it.

audiofreak94
06-01-2006, 04:18 AM
doesn't bother me at all :)

What is the going rate for an aeroport box, perfect construction (no funky edges... which should be a given), quality design, good carpet (not felt), and 6-10 feet of 12ga wire?

idk but for a dual 12, wit slot port plugs, double baffle, all rounded edges goes for about $150-175

audiofreak94
06-01-2006, 04:20 AM
Yeah, if you don't need it. Can't expect people to make these things for free tho. People act like they want to buy a box shipped from someone for the price it would cost them to make it themselves though.

I built the last 5 enclosures for my car and pretty much figured out what was going and not going to work. Then talked it through with him and figured out what I wanted. I think the price I payed was pretty reasonable for me not having to do anything. Especially when you consider if you buy 6" aero ports from that site they want like $60 a piece for them. TBH I didn't consider buying a box from him when I saw his older stuff. I can build decent MDF boxes all day long. But now I want a really nice final box in birch that will last me at least until I sell the car, so I payed the price for it.

$100 or so would've been resonable. he has a box building company so it's not like he goes out and buys supplies. he prolly has gallons of glue, and rolls of carpet, and lots of ports. i doubt he buys the supplies for each box

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 04:23 AM
$100 or so would've been resonable. he has a box building company so it's not like he goes out and buys supplies. he prolly has gallons of glue, and rolls of carpet, and lots of ports. i doubt he buys the supplies for each box

100 shipped????

why do I doubt anyone would do that for any period of time... it would be a waste of time at that price point - quality would have to suffer for the sake of getting it done ASAP.

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 04:25 AM
idk but for a dual 12, wit slot port plugs, double baffle, all rounded edges goes for about $150-175

Now add on $60 for 4 4" ports... which cant be painted a custom color like the TCAB boxes can... and your getting more realistic.

Or $120 for 2 6" ports if you order the "real" aeroports for the box...

Same price range or more now eh? :)

audiofreak94
06-01-2006, 04:26 AM
100 shipped????

why do I doubt anyone would do that for any period of time... it would be a waste of time at that price point - quality would have to suffer for the sake of getting it done ASAP.

well $100 + shipping

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 04:27 AM
so $150 shipped... now add on the cost of aeroports :)

audiofreak94
06-01-2006, 04:27 AM
so $150 shipped... now add on the cost of aeroports :)

you prolly keep them stocked. i also thought you made your own?

audiofreak94
06-01-2006, 04:29 AM
wow it's almost 5 am :crap:

forceofwill
06-01-2006, 04:30 AM
wow it's almost 5 am :crap:

Wow, thank you CA.com for the lack of sleep :P Time for bed.

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 04:34 AM
you prolly keep them stocked. i also thought you made your own?

I do, and I also paint them whichever color the box requires. It adds up fast and takes alot of time.

Basically, you pay a little more and get alot more :)

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 04:35 AM
Wow, thank you CA.com for the lack of sleep :P Time for bed.

x2

3:43 here.

PowerNaudio
06-01-2006, 06:39 AM
@ Spkrman: i dont think that $190 is allot for an enclosure, i dont know your building technics or what ever, but a decent enclosure designer/ builder that will create a well built enclosure and values its time should not charge any less then $150 for a slot ported enclosure, yes aero ports do add to the cost.

one thing i have noticed on this forum. is that they expect to pay the same price for a custome built enclosure as they where for a prefab. and thats a hell no!.

localy i have sold my enclosures starting @ $140 for a single sub slot ported enclosure ~ $400 for a fiberglass enclosure and never had a complain.
but these are guys that dont spend theyr time looking for cheap as boxes on the internet. they go to the local shops and see what theyre getting and then come to me for a better enclosure for less even if its still close or over $200.

but then again i deal with mostly adults. people with a permanent job. not kids that work at macdonals. " not trying to offend anyone". but those are the ones that think time does not cost money. i charge for materials, shipping and handling, and what my time is worth, and when you build quality enclosures you expect to get payed for the quality provided.

if some one wants to compare enclosures but dont want to pay the price the other builder is charging, your best bet is to study up on the subject "enclosure building" and go at it, build a couple of enclosures using diffrent parameters and taking diffrent aspects of the enviroment of where the enclosure is going to be installed in into account . and compare what work best. youll find out that allot of the things people do on enclosure dont work as well as they say it does or at all. and that some techniqs that people overlook are the ones that do make an audible diffrence.

5:48am time to go to work.
laters

audiofreak94
06-01-2006, 09:49 AM
@ Spkrman: i dont think that $190 is allot for an enclosure, i dont know your building technics or what ever, but a decent enclosure designer/ builder that will create a well built enclosure and values its time should not charge any less then $150 for a slot ported enclosure, yes aero ports do add to the cost.

one thing i have noticed on this forum. is that they expect to pay the same price for a custome built enclosure as they where for a prefab. and thats a hell no!.

localy i have sold my enclosures starting @ $140 for a single sub slot ported enclosure ~ $400 for a fiberglass enclosure and never had a complain.
but these are guys that dont spend theyr time looking for cheap as boxes on the internet. they go to the local shops and see what theyre getting and then come to me for a better enclosure for less even if its still close or over $200.

but then again i deal with mostly adults. people with a permanent job. not kids that work at macdonals. " not trying to offend anyone". but those are the ones that think time does not cost money. i charge for materials, shipping and handling, and what my time is worth, and when you build quality enclosures you expect to get payed for the quality provided.

if some one wants to compare enclosures but dont want to pay the price the other builder is charging, your best bet is to study up on the subject "enclosure building" and go at it, build a couple of enclosures using diffrent parameters and taking diffrent aspects of the enviroment of where the enclosure is going to be installed in into account . and compare what work best. youll find out that allot of the things people do on enclosure dont work as well as they say it does or at all. and that some techniqs that people overlook are the ones that do make an audible diffrence.

laters

actually i'm not a kid, and i don't work at mcdonalds, and their are other box builders on this forum, who can make very good enclosures cheaper. i know how to build them. i've built many before. i wanted to buy one of his, just so i can see what was so special about it, and see if it could out perform mine.

ramos
06-01-2006, 11:51 AM
not old enough to realize the cost of skilled labor...

If I was an electrician or a plumber, "100" for 4-6 hours of labor would be a hell of a deal.

Tell a plumber you'll give em $100 for him to work @ your house for 6 hours, he will laugh in your face.

Kind of hard now a days to get by without water or electricity though. Kind of playing to a captive crowd . On the other hand people can live without a sub woofer enclosure in their car . Kind of comparing apples to elephants there aren't ya :)

ramos
06-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Now add on $60 for 4 4" ports... which cant be painted a custom color like the TCAB boxes can...

Oh yeah ? I beg too differ my brother. They can and have been with excellent results I might add . It's all in the prep, and using the proper materials my brother :)

MisterE
06-01-2006, 01:52 PM
190 is not good for a custom box.

but its alright for a custom box that YOU ARENT MAKING and getting shipped.

190 is not a "deal", but it is around the going rate. now when boxes are around 300, thats overpriced. but i guess you cant really be picky when you want his box and dont want to build your own can you?

bjfish11
06-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Hate to say this Mark..........

But that is NOT a bad price ;)

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Looks like everyone who understands what it is to make a living also understands that thats a pretty solid price for the box :)

Perhaps 140 + ship sounds better?

I've done the + ship quotes... and giving a shipped price works better.

Randy Savage
06-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Mark why not do slot ports for those who want to save a little?

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 02:15 PM

laters

The ~30+ crowd is amazed when they hear the shipped prices... lol. Same goes for those who bought a "custom" box at a shop and paid $300 for basically a fleabay prefab "built to spec". Its kinda funny, you get the 15 year old who's never paid a bill in his life who says the prices are outrageous... and then you get the more mature crowd who understands the actual costs, and they jump right on it. Of course, the market is mostly the younger crowd :)

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Mark why not do slot ports for those who want to save a little?

There is one flat rate - and whichever is best is used.

A single 12 may get a slot port, 1 or 2 4" ports, or 1 6" port... now obviously those are very different costs to me, and drastically different "value" (change for a slot port, 15-25 for 2 4's, and 45 for 1 6)... but I find it better to throw up a flat rate. Less confusion on the buyers end.. you have to realize, most customers have no idea what a slot/aero are... they just want a solid box. Perhaps the "informed" on ca.com are another story... but thats not really the market I'm after, or the market that is in the market for my services :)

I can/have/will build slot port boxes if requested or required, but generally the flared ports are preferred from a cosmetic and performance standpoint.

audiofreak94
06-01-2006, 02:22 PM
The ~30+ crowd is amazed when they hear the shipped prices... lol. Same goes for those who bought a "custom" box at a shop and paid $300 for basically a fleabay prefab "built to spec". Its kinda funny, you get the 15 year old who's never paid a bill in his life who says the prices are outrageous... and then you get the more mature crowd who understands the actual costs, and they jump right on it. Of course, the market is mostly the younger crowd :)

yup i'm a 15 year old with no bills :rolleyes:

Mr. Opportunist
06-01-2006, 02:23 PM
he has a box building company so it's not like he goes out and buys supplies. he prolly has gallons of glue, and rolls of carpet, and lots of ports. i doubt he buys the supplies for each box
:laugh: what do you think he has a factory with a bunch of 8 yr olds standing at an assembly line building boxes? or does he magically create birch, glue, etc. out of nothing, he jsut blinks and it is there? everyone pays for their supplies *******....

audiofreak94
06-01-2006, 02:23 PM
did you just say shipping is $50 from illinois to michigan? :laugh: i can drive their and back cheaper

audiofreak94
06-01-2006, 02:24 PM
:laugh: what do you think he has a factory with a bunch of 8 yr olds standing at an assembly line building boxes? or does he magically create birch, glue, etc. out of nothing, he jsut blinks and it is there? everyone pays for their supplies *******....

******* he doesn't go out and buy a bottle of glue for each box he builds. i'm sure he buys it by the gallon.

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 02:25 PM
yup i'm a 15 year old with no bills :rolleyes:

you don't "want" the box in the first place... so the value in your eyes is decreased.

Am I going to buy someone else's box for $200 for a comparison, only if that comparison will without a doubt help stire up business.

Randy Savage

I think he was implying he buys things in bulk, instead of taking an order, then running to home depot, then taking an order the next day, and running to home depot again.

audiofreak94
I think he was implying he buys things in bulk, instead of taking an order, then running to home depot, then taking an order the next day, and running to home depot again.

exactly

Randy Savage
06-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Am I going to buy someone else's box for $200 for a comparison, only if that comparison will without a doubt help stire up business.

Maybe invest in a JordanTyler or Lemans box? ;)

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 02:28 PM
did you just say shipping is $50 from illinois to michigan? :laugh: i can drive their and back cheaper

tell UPS that...

also tell the packing materials, tape, boxes... and the hour/hour.5 it'll take to pack it, go to ups and get back.

Is it $50 on the nose... no, probably not. I'd say a more accurate estimate would be $40-45... that 5-10 bux = SCAM :naughty:

Mr. Opportunist
06-01-2006, 02:28 PM
******* he doesn't go out and buy a bottle of glue for each box he builds. i'm sure he buys it by the gallon.
fucknut since when does a tube of liquid nails come in gallons? :rolleyes:

ramos
06-01-2006, 02:30 PM

Can't stand liquid nails myself. But they do sell it in larger tubes ;) :)

hzsogood
06-01-2006, 02:31 PM
what kind of glue is used... the maagic splglue?

hzsogood
06-01-2006, 02:31 PM
I believe that and titebond come in gallons :)

Mr. Opportunist
06-01-2006, 02:33 PM
did anyone say anything about titebond?

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Maybe invest in a JordanTyler or Lemans box? ;)

well, I might as well get homie down the street to make me one... $50 buys you less than an ebay prefab... hell of a deal if you ask me :)

Might grab a single 12 or single 15 box from a major manufacturer, show the difference :)

But no, the ca.com builders really aren't eating at most of my business... 99.9% of them I could say "please don't go buy a jordan tyler box"... and they would think jordan tyler is some sort of custom brand name box :naughty: Kinda has a ring to it... kinda like calvin klein :crazy:

audiofreak94

lol he doesn't even used wood glue on his boxes? :laugh:

ramos
Honest question here, do you use liquid nails with the birch ? If so what's the advantages ? :)

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Can't stand liquid nails myself. But they do sell it in larger tubes ;) :)

the larger tubes don't save anything, if I remember they come out more expensive per the oz you get?

I don't use enough LN to make it worth buying in bulk, anyway... most of the boxes don't see any LN at all.

PL polyurethane on the other hand... :cool: . Thats some awesome stuff, I just wish it was cheaper.

Mr. Opportunist
06-01-2006, 02:36 PM
mark beat me :crap:

audiofreak94
06-01-2006, 02:38 PM
the larger tubes don't save anything, if I remember they come out more expensive per the oz you get?

I don't use enough LN to make it worth buying in bulk, anyway... most of the boxes don't see any LN at all.

PL polyurethane on the other hand... :cool: . Thats some awesome stuff, I just wish it was cheaper.

so wait you don't use wood glue on wooden boxes?

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 02:38 PM
the boxes are assembled with titebond, birch also uses gorilla glue in the tongue/groove joints where needed - the ports are mounted with PL polyurethane, the speaker wire is sealed with PL polyurethane. It bonds to the point where I've had to just cut the wire because it wouldnt pulll out.. and I've cracked ports and still havent gotten them out.

quit stirrin the pot - nothin to stir :)

ramos
06-01-2006, 02:40 PM

You end up saving like a penny or so per ounce. Not really worth it. I Was just wondering about the liquid nails thing. Would be a shame to see beautiful wood like birch smeared up with liquid nails :)

audiofreak94
06-01-2006, 02:40 PM
the boxes are assembled with titebond, birch also uses gorilla glue in the tongue/groove joints where needed - the ports are mounted with PL polyurethane, the speaker wire is sealed with PL polyurethane. It bonds to the point where I've had to just cut the wire because it wouldnt pulll out.. and I've cracked ports and still havent gotten them out.

so that means you prolly use the gallon jugs of titebond ;) it was you buddy who started stirring **** not me

ramos
06-01-2006, 02:41 PM

Wasn't stirring, just asking questions my brother. We're all here to learn right ??? :)

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 02:41 PM
so that means you prolly use the gallon jugs of titebond ;) it was you buddy who started stirring **** not me

josh is a dum bass :naughty:

(pwnt)

hzsogood
06-01-2006, 02:42 PM
titebond 2?

ramos
06-01-2006, 02:42 PM

I work at a place that has a pretty good supplier with good bulk pricing. If you want, you can pm what your paying for the poly and quantity. And I'll see if my suppliers any cheaper for you :)

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Wasn't stirring, just asking questions my brother. We're all here to learn right ??? :)

Learnng is everywhere... except in 90% of the ca.com threads, most make you dumber, and dumber... and dumber... until you finally get banned.

Spkrman
titebond 2?

yessir, I've tried every readily available wood glue, and its what I prefer to use.

audiofreak94
Learnng is everywhere... except in 90% of the ca.com threads, most make you dumber, and dumber... and dumber... until you finally get banned.

are you trying to hint at something? :laugh:

ramos
06-01-2006, 02:44 PM

Yep, you can't polish a turd :)

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 02:44 PM
are you trying to hint at something? :laugh:

hehehehehehe

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

hzsogood
06-01-2006, 02:46 PM
yessir, I've tried every readily available wood glue, and its what I prefer to use.

Usually what i use as well. What did u think of the elmers probond, to me that was good too

Mr. Opportunist
06-01-2006, 02:47 PM
josh is a dum bass :naughty:

(pwnt)
:laugh: *** hole :D

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Usually what i use as well. What did u think of the elmers probond, to me that was good too

I'd prefer it if it was thicker... its too runny for vertical panels - feels almost watered down.

All the above glues would still hold plenty strong as long as there is also a mechanical fastener in there... the wood glues don't "require" them... but a box held together solely with liquid nails is probably going to fail... at that pont you might as well use chewing gum.

ramos
06-01-2006, 02:51 PM
I'd prefer it if it was thicker... its too runny for vertical panels - feels almost watered down.

I wonder if elmers is having batching problems with it. Reason I say that, is the bottle I bought is so d@mn thick it's like cold syrup. I can turn the bottle upside down and smoke a cigarette before the chit comes out. :)

Johnny Drama
I still want to do the enclosure testing that was talked about a month ago...

THAT would be awsome if it could happen.

Mr. Opportunist

All the above glues would still hold plenty strong as long as there is also a mechanical fastener in there... the wood glues don't "require" them... but a box held together solely with liquid nails is probably going to fail... at that pont you might as well use chewing gum.
alothough it is good for filling gaps :laugh:

skeptikal
06-01-2006, 02:52 PM
wow man only 140 + shipping?

I dont care what anyone says it is a deal on a good performing box. A 'custom' audio shop (owned by Chuck Norris) around here quoted me $250 for a box that will do 140db on the TL for a single 15. and thats just MDF wood + wood glue and screws lol.

I still dont understand why people b*tcha bout the price. If you dont wanna pay it, don't there are plenty of people waiting in line to buy these boxes, and the fact of the matter is they perform. </story>

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 02:52 PM
I work at a place that has a pretty good supplier with good bulk pricing. If you want, you can pm what your paying for the poly and quantity. And I'll see if my suppliers any cheaper for you :)

I'm all for it

Now I just buy 3-4 at a time... as 1 tube normally is enough for 3-4 boxes... cost is $3.50, if I remember correctly.

If the price can get under $2.50 I'd be all for buyng a bulk pack... any more than that and the up front investment isn't justified... not at the current pace.

PM me either way :)

hzsogood
06-01-2006, 02:54 PM

I dont care what anyone says it is a deal on a good performing box. A 'custom' audio shop (owned by Chuck Norris) around here quoted me $250 for a box that will do 140db on the TL for a single 15. and thats just MDF wood + wood glue and screws lol.

I still dont understand why people b*tcha bout the price. If you dont wanna pay it, don't there are plenty of people waiting in line to buy these boxes, and the fact of the matter is they perform. </story>

140 for what , cn box?

ramos
06-01-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm all for it

Now I just buy 3-4 at a time... as 1 tube normally is enough for 3-4 boxes... cost is $3.50, if I remember correctly.

If the price can get under $2.50 I'd be all for buyng a bulk pack... any more than that and the up front investment isn't justified... not at the current pace.

PM me either way :)

I'll check with him tomorrow. he's gonna be in to show us some new stuff :)

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 02:55 PM
I wonder if elmers is having batching problems with it. Reason I say that, is the bottle I bought is so d@mn thick it's like cold syrup. I can turn the bottle upside down and smoke a cigarette before the chit comes out. :)

Always been runny for me, it only gets thick like that when its cold, below 40-50 degrees.

It wouldnt surprise me if it was inconsistent across the board, though.

skeptikal
06-01-2006, 02:55 PM
140 for what , cn box?

lol hell no he's the one that wanted $250... i kinda chuckled and said "hell no"

140 for the TCAB box.

Randy Savage
06-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Well you're paying extra for the Chuck Norris style box because he can karate kick a TCAB into pieces, but his boxes are built with his manjuice used as sealant and they can withstand any blow.

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 02:57 PM

and compared to what he's competing aganst n your area (just assuming here... know nothing of fort wayne shops)... thats probably in line with "you pay more you get more".

Not to mention he's a world champion, well known in the industry... and has built many a loud car :)

A parrallel or 2 there... nah... :cool:

Randy Savage
06-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Chris Norris...not Chuck...lol

ramos
Well you're paying extra for the Chuck Norris style box because he can karate kick a TCAB into pieces, but his boxes are built with his manjuice used as sealant and they can withstand any blow.

That sound kind of sick. Don't think I want any part of chuck norris or his "manjuice" laced enclosures :)

Spkrman

Why does that make me want to buy one? :yumyum:

ramos
06-01-2006, 02:59 PM
I was wondering what the fook chuck norris owned a audio shop for :)

Randy Savage

If you don't, he'll roundhouse kick you.

Spkrman
Chris Norris...not Chuck...lol

watch out, chuck might not take kindly to that and roundhouse kick your house into iraq.

hzsogood
lol hell no he's the one that wanted $250... i kinda chuckled and said "hell no"

140 for the TCAB box.

and u havent ordered 1 yet , why?

audiofreak94
06-01-2006, 03:00 PM

*** guzzler?

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 03:01 PM
*** guzzler?

I'll take a beer, thx :)

skeptikal
06-01-2006, 03:02 PM
lol i'm saying that these TCAB boxes perform exactly the same if not better for almost half the cost....

I havent ordered one because i'd much rather build one myself to see if i can make it loud. im a diy'er, i dont pay people to do stuff to my car lol.

basically because it costs me ~$40 per box lol and still murders anything anyone that i know personally has so there is no point in paying for something loud when i can do it myself.

hzsogood
06-01-2006, 03:05 PM
diy'rs ftl..... we see to many of u people do more damage on our jobs than anything:eyebrow:

skeptikal
06-01-2006, 03:06 PM
diy'rs ftl..... we see to many of u people do more damage on our jobs than anything:eyebrow:

i've seen more damage done to a stereo at best buy and circuit city here, than anything i've ever done to anyones stereo.

Randy Savage
06-01-2006, 03:07 PM

Lol...tell me about it...

I have so many people come in that ask me to do a 'simple fix' because they don't know what's wrong with their ****...when they've ****ed up their car to hte point of no return...

Although I appreciate DIY'ers who know what they are doing, or aren't afraid to ask me a few ?'s and do so politely.

audiofreak94
06-01-2006, 03:07 PM
lol i'm saying that these TCAB boxes perform exactly the same if not better for almost half the cost....

I havent ordered one because i'd much rather build one myself to see if i can make it loud. im a diy'er, i dont pay people to do stuff to my car lol.

basically because it costs me ~$40 per box lol and still murders anything anyone that i know personally has so there is no point in paying for something loud when i can do it myself.

i do my own work but i wanted to find out why people loose semen over these boxes

ramos
06-01-2006, 03:09 PM

Easy on the diy crowd. Don't make generalizations. Some of us know what we're doing more so than the so called "professionals" :)

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 03:10 PM
i do my own work but i wanted to find out why people loose semen over these boxes

The TCAB logo is secretely ******, just like the XXX logo is ******...

I'd post a pic of it, but I'd get banned.

I'm not dumb enough yet to get banned...

ramos
waits for chuck norris to post :)

Chuck Norris
I kick TCAB's asses by the masses with one swift roundhouse kick to faces!

You die now.

skeptikal
06-01-2006, 03:11 PM

I have so many people come in that ask me to do a 'simple fix' because they don't know what's wrong with their ****...when they've ****ed up their car to hte point of no return...

Although I appreciate DIY'ers who know what they are doing, or aren't afraid to ask me a few ?'s and do so politely.

dont get me wrong i'm not saying i know everything about car audio lol, i just dont trust the installers here because (a) i know half of them personally and the only thing they got on me is a piece of paper from MECP (b) it doesnt make sense to pay them to do something you can do yourself ya know?

hzsogood

Simple solution... If you want it done right and have no idea wtf ur doing.. Dont touch it,.. But the hardcore wanna b's think they have the skills to do everything.. Same deal as on the job site, fixing peoples crooked walls or sad attempts at drywalling or taping..<--- that ones a classic.. usually more mud on the floor than on the wall and more bubbles in the tape than mud onthe floor:D

Chuck Norris
fear me, fear my wrath.

The kick is REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy Savage
06-01-2006, 03:15 PM
dont get me wrong i'm not saying i know everything about car audio lol, i just dont trust the installers here because (a) i know half of them personally and the only thing they got on me is a piece of paper from MECP (b) it doesnt make sense to pay them to do something you can do yourself ya know?

Oh trust me I know...most installers hate DIY'ers, or hate people asking them ?'s on how to do something...but if someone pulls up to the shop and asks me a question, and I can tell that they are at least slightly capable of doing something without blowing up their car...I'll take a few minutes to help them out....because there was once a time where I started out and didn't know much...

ramos
06-01-2006, 03:16 PM
Oh trust me I know...most installers hate DIY'ers, or hate people asking them ?'s on how to do something...but if someone pulls up to the shop and asks me a question, and I can tell that they are at least slightly capable of doing something without blowing up their car...I'll take a few minutes to help them out....because there was once a time where I started out and didn't know much...

You liar :)

audiofreak94
06-01-2006, 03:17 PM
The TCAB logo is secretely ******, just like the XXX logo is ******...

I'd post a pic of it, but I'd get banned.

I'm not dumb enough yet to get banned...

your just lucky i don't have a ban button on my browser :)

Randy Savage
06-01-2006, 03:21 PM
You liar :)

Tehehe...

Got a good story...

Did a radio in some kids car, late 90's Altima, piece of cake.

Comes back a few months later, decided to put in his own system by himself, said he's getting all sorts of noises, wants me to look at it, tell him $75/hr diagnostic fee. Says he's not going to pay and wants me to look at it since we put in the radio. I inform him that our labor warranty is no longer valid since he has modified the radio installation. He cries about it, then leaves. Comes back a few weeks later, says he wants a new radio because he brought it to Car Tunes and they told him we messed up the install on the radio. I ask him what we messed up and he says they said the wiring. I tell him that's funny, since we use Metra's smart harnesses, so all the wiring is just plugged in, no cutting wires are done. He cries some more, and leaves. Comes back, yet again, and talks to someone else (I was off when he came in this time), tells the installer that I looked at his car and said we would fix it, for free. The installer calls me on his day off, I tell him to tell the kid to **** off.

:)

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Tehehe...

Got a good story...

Did a radio in some kids car, late 90's Altima, piece of cake.

Comes back a few months later, decided to put in his own system by himself, said he's getting all sorts of noises, wants me to look at it, tell him $75/hr diagnostic fee. Says he's not going to pay and wants me to look at it since we put in the radio. I inform him that our labor warranty is no longer valid since he has modified the radio installation. He cries about it, then leaves. Comes back a few weeks later, says he wants a new radio because he brought it to Car Tunes and they told him we messed up the install on the radio. I ask him what we messed up and he says they said the wiring. I tell him that's funny, since we use Metra's smart harnesses, so all the wiring is just plugged in, no cutting wires are done. He cries some more, and leaves. Comes back, yet again, and talks to someone else (I was off when he came in this time), tells the installer that I looked at his car and said we would fix it, for free. The installer calls me on his day off, I tell him to tell the kid to **** off.

:)

I think I missed the punchline?

Randy Savage
06-01-2006, 03:30 PM
I think I missed the punchline?

I roundhouse kicked him.

Spkrman
06-01-2006, 03:44 PM
I roundhouse kicked him.

:needpics:

Randy Savage
06-01-2006, 03:45 PM