PDA

View Full Version : Blown head?

DubbDesigns
05-24-2006, 08:32 PM
I was drivin my car, and its pretty hot outside, and the engine was pretty hot cuz I got pissed when I drove 25 miles to work just to get sent home becuase they didnt need me (happened 2 times this week) and kinda spun the tires a bit in the parkin lot :uhoh:
Anyways, I was driving, and all of a sudden the car started sputtering and jerkin, so I pulled over and popped the hood and noticed that the first spark plug cap had popped up, so I pushed it back down and took off, worked fine for a minute or two down the road and it started doing it again, and popped the hood and same cap was up again, so this time I pushed even harder. Same thing happened 2 more times before I got home. So I took the cap out and it has a chocolate milk substance on it, looks like oil and smells like gas. I haven't checked the oil to see if it is milky yet, too hot to check.

SUB_URBAN
05-24-2006, 08:41 PM
You should never Hot Rod your car like that right after you start it up its not good for it.

noob with an RS
05-24-2006, 08:44 PM
where the hell do u work at? what kind of job sends their employees home when they get to work without any form of compensation for their time?

DubbDesigns
05-24-2006, 08:46 PM
well, I didnt just start it up, I started it up and let it run for about two minutes after driving for like 30 min's to get there, but yeah, I shouldn't have done it, I have bad anger problems :(
I checked the oil, it didnt look milky, thats because there wasn't hardly anything there! I checked the oil like a week ago, and it was over full, check it now and it barely shows up on the dip stick. I put a quart that I had in the trunk in, and the cap didnt blow out, just popped up a tad bit. Could just been low oil pressure or something???

DubbDesigns
05-24-2006, 08:50 PM
where the hell do u work at? what kind of job sends their employees home when they get to work without any form of compensation for their time?
DQ :( I told them off, cussed them all to hell because when it happened the first time, I told them that I live too far away to just have to go back home. I checked my schedule last night before I went home and it said I worked today, so I went in when I was supposed to, and they were like you arent scheduled to work tonite. I was like wtf! let me see the **** schedule, and it said that I was off tonight, but last night it said that I had to work.

I dunno man, I only been workin there a week, but Iam gonna have to quit. This **** isn't cool. Sux, cuz I will never find another job tho. I might have to stick it out if they don't fire me for burnin my tires in the parkin lot.

Silver
05-24-2006, 11:05 PM
??

The spark plug wire popping up has nothing to do with oil for any reasons.

Take the wire off and look at it. Is it charred? Something doesn't seem right. When was the last time you replaced plugs and wires?

As your plug being oily and milky. Your leaking oil or burning it internally in the engine. Do you get a puff of smoke after a long idle or at startup?

If you must. Do a compression test also, check the compression of the rings, ect.

It could also be your valve seals..

You don't have a blown head.

slain93gsr
05-25-2006, 01:12 AM
are you leaking oil anywhere ? dont use crappy plug wires. they never want to seat right.

do a compression and leak down test as mentioned above.

I think your oil ring lands are toast

mtdewelf
05-25-2006, 01:16 AM
sounds like bad plug/wire. if it was REALLY bad jerking could be a hole or something in your cap. happened to me once and i'd never rode in a car that jerked/or more like jumped around.

DubbDesigns
05-25-2006, 01:58 AM
The wires are only about 6 months old. The spark plugs are about 3 months old. Now that I think about it, I think I know why the oil is on the spark plug cap post, we had a problem getting it in, so we put a little lube on it to help slide it in. I think we had a problem with that cable, it seperated from the rest of the post and stuff, but thought we fixed it, I think it might have something to do with the compression thing you guys were talkin about, cuz when I shut the engine off, it popped up even higher (or is that somewhat normal?)

Silver
05-25-2006, 08:13 PM
It shouldnt pop. period.

InhumanAcura
05-25-2006, 09:24 PM
sounds to me like you have a blown head gasket...thats what the milk shake looking stuff usually means..

pull the oil cap off, and if it looks the same chances are thats what it is..