PDA

View Full Version : Tuning help

Trey803
05-23-2006, 09:21 PM
Schools out and i can finally begin my box build. I want to make a 2 cubic foot box for my kappa perfect 12.1. The box is going to have to be made into abnormal shapes inorder to fit right. Will this be a problem when tuning the box and if so should i go with a sealed box? Also are mitar joints necesary when building a box?

Trey803
05-23-2006, 11:21 PM
What should i make the ports out of and how to i seal them into the box?

xpl0it
05-23-2006, 11:37 PM
i'd wait until the weekend for a response... not too many people are helpful this early in the week, lol

Volenti
05-24-2006, 08:21 AM
A weird shaped enclosure is fine, it's only the net volume that matters, the ports can be pvc (plumbing) pipe glued into a firm fitting hole or you can build a square/rectangular port into the box it's self.

Normal butt joints with screws and wood glue are sufficient for most applications.

budahbuddy803
05-24-2006, 02:59 PM
I got a port that is .88" too small in length. Will this little bit make any difference in the tunning frequency of the box.

Trey803
05-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Alright build time is nearing. Does the location of the port make any difference? Most boxes have the port facing the same way as the subwoofer but I will not have enough space for this and need to put it on the side of the box.

Volenti
05-25-2006, 04:47 AM
I got a port that is .88" too small in length. Will this little bit make any difference in the tunning frequency of the box.

Not really, looking at mabie 1 or 2 hz shift in tuning, nothing to be concerned about.

Alright build time is nearing. Does the location of the port make any difference? Most boxes have the port facing the same way as the subwoofer but I will not have enough space for this and need to put it on the side of the box.

Side of the box will work fine.