PDA

View Full Version : oil / anifreeze leaking out of pulley comming out of the side of oil pan

corto
05-23-2006, 12:16 PM
last night my car over heated. It had no anifreeze. changed oil and put new antifreeze in. Theres a leak comming from the side of the oil pan that looks like some sort of pulley leaking oil and antifreeze. The water pump is squeeking also as it sounds. I know this is prolly not a good sign. It is a dodge avenger any ideas ?

dkguitarist
05-23-2006, 12:25 PM
on my 92 s-10, my water pump started going bad. what i was told, is that when water pumps go bad, they start leaking anti-freeze. sounds similar to my s-10. just an idea.

AcidicDreams
05-23-2006, 12:26 PM
last night my car over heated. It had no anifreeze. changed oil and put new antifreeze in. Theres a leak comming from the side of the oil pan that looks like some sort of pulley leaking oil and antifreeze. The water pump is squeeking also as it sounds. I know this is prolly not a good sign. It is a dodge avenger any ideas ?

your're ****ed.... you might have screwed some seals over

heat is an engines worst enemy

MrSector9
05-23-2006, 12:27 PM
I woudl say you cooked the seal in the water pump for one.

Also might have done in the crank seal also (the oil leak)

More then likely the water pump is leaking and runing down the engine block onto the crank pulley. This is why it looks like it is leaking "oil/antifreeze" from the one pulley.

937DYTBOI
05-23-2006, 04:15 PM
check ur oil and antifreeze. If ur oil has a milky texture or u see oil in ur antifreeze, u may have a head gasket leak

cadenceowner
05-23-2006, 06:10 PM
whats the pulley too? harmonic balancer? or the water pump pulley?

if hes leaking from the harmonic balancer (crankchaft pulley) there a seal that is in between the pulley and the crankshaft, the crankshaft kinda sits on that seal, that might be bad leading to a oil leak.
or there can be a oil leak from you oil pan, maybe next to the pulley.

and if you see antifreeze coming out from "under" the water pump pulley, its most likly coming form the waterpump itself, therefor it will need a water pump.

and yes when a water pump leaks antifreeze, of corse its bad?

that might be your problem, i didnt quite read all the posts/ the whole topic lol

get_r_done_fire
06-08-2006, 04:40 PM
squeeling from water pump is the bearings going bad other than that everyone else pretty much nailed it to a T