PDA

View Full Version : WOOT! new tv!

jalverson
05-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Just got my Hitachi(spelling? LOL) 50" LCD HDTV all i have to say is eeeeewweeeee! that is all i will try to get some pics of the setup.

_DjScrew_
05-21-2006, 01:21 PM
daaaaaamn that's a beast!

adam71
05-22-2006, 09:14 AM
I haven't jumped on the HDTV bandwagon yet. But when I do I think I'm going to go with plasma. I'll have to save my current CRT television so I can still play video games. Oh decisions, decisions.:crap:

jalverson
05-23-2006, 11:13 AM
I haven't jumped on the HDTV bandwagon yet. But when I do I think I'm going to go with plasma. I'll have to save my current CRT television so I can still play video games. Oh decisions, decisions.:crap:

if you play video games stayaway from plasma!! if you leave your system on it will burn it right into your screen! yuck lcd is a great way to go honestly.

jalverson
05-23-2006, 11:18 AM
here is some info on the tv i got you should check it out adam it is great.
link to more info : here (http://www.caraudio.com/forum/www.hitachi.us/tv/browse/lcd/lcd/50VX915.shtml)

http://www.hitachi.us/tv/browse/lcd/images/50VX915_xl.jpg
http://www.hitachi.us/tv/images/jackpacks/50_60_70VX915.jpg
http://www.hitachi.us/tv/images/remotes/50VX915_lg.jpg

yne721
05-23-2006, 11:25 AM
is it flatscreen?

i was looking into tvs not too long ago and i was going to buy a 50-60' flatscreen and hang it on my wall, but then i realized a. i live in an old house and don't really want to try messing with the plaster walls holding a 100+pound 5000 dollar t.v and b. now a days projection tvs are getting pretty small.

i remember when i was like 10 years old(about 11 years ago) my parents friend had a projection t.v and it was huge(deep) but now even projection tvs are getting pretty thin.

as far as plasma and video games go, i've been reading up on it, and in the last year or so they've been making a lot of advancements in this field, and it's not NEARLY the problem it used to be.

jalverson
05-23-2006, 11:31 AM
it is a flat screen but its prolly like 18" deep so not a thin wall mount, but it works plenty well sitting on its stand trust me ;) and really doesn't take up much room besides the width but thats ok :) and as far as plasma, do you really wanna risk burning an image into something that cost you thousands? also the plasma tvs do not always give u a true hd picture ;)

yne721
05-23-2006, 11:43 AM
it is a flat screen but its prolly like 18" deep so not a thin wall mount, but it works plenty well sitting on its stand trust me ;) and really doesn't take up much room besides the width but thats ok :) and as far as plasma, do you really wanna risk burning an image into something that cost you thousands? also the plasma tvs do not always give u a true hd picture ;)

imho i think plasma is overrated anyway. i mean yeah it looks a LITTLE better, but not enough to cost that much extra. and as far as risking burning the image in, just follow the directions in the user manual, and before you buy it ask a question like "does my warranty cover using video games on the t.v." then when the guy says yes you're holding him to that if anything goes wrong and get it replaced. But seeing as how i'm only 21 and i'm not wealthy, i wouldn't ever consider buying a 60'' plasma t.v. anyway. now a HD wall projector on the other hand, for incredibly lower prices sounds pretty enticing to me...

jluv
05-23-2006, 11:44 AM

HD is amazing. The difference is night and day, and very much worth any extra $$, imo.

jalverson
05-23-2006, 11:52 AM
HD is amazing. The difference is night and day, and very much worth any extra $$, imo.

x2

adam71
05-23-2006, 12:01 PM
if you play video games stayaway from plasma!! if you leave your system on it will burn it right into your screen! yuck lcd is a great way to go honestly.

It's not even a matter of it burning in. Its a simple matter that plasma OR LCD have too slow of a refresh rate to play video games. Like I said, I will save my CRT for gaming and use my plasma for movies and television.

BTW, your TV rocks. At least it looks like it would. All the current inputs and a nice look to it. And that remote looks like it has wheels on it wher the channel and volume are, thats pretty sweet. My current DVD player has HDMI outs so I would definitely get one with those inputs like yours has. All in all, the LCDs I saw at my local hi-fi shop didn't look as good as the plasmas. Also, a salesman there told me that LCDs cost more per square inch to make than plasmas do. I found that intriguing but oh well. One good thing about the LCDs are that their screen isn't as reflective so outside light doesn't have as much of a glare effect on the screen.

adam71
05-23-2006, 12:02 PM
imho i think plasma is overrated anyway. i mean yeah it looks a LITTLE better, but not enough to cost that much extra. and as far as risking burning the image in, just follow the directions in the user manual, and before you buy it ask a question like "does my warranty cover using video games on the t.v." then when the guy says yes you're holding him to that if anything goes wrong and get it replaced. But seeing as how i'm only 21 and i'm not wealthy, i wouldn't ever consider buying a 60'' plasma t.v. anyway. now a HD wall projector on the other hand, for incredibly lower prices sounds pretty enticing to me...

Thats just it though. LCDs cost more to make then plasmas do.

JimJ
05-23-2006, 12:14 PM
So what's the audio setup supporting it :)

jalverson
05-23-2006, 12:16 PM
right now its just a basic rca HT set up center 2 front 2 rear and a small sub, hense i i posted i need help designing someting like an entertainment center and stereo system, i will be getting wireless surround eventually tho ;) but it is 5.1 dolby and sounds good for some $120 surround speakers

JimJ
05-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Wireless surround?

Please, don't shortchange yourself :)

No point to getting a nice TV like that and taking the easy way out on the audio part of things.

jalverson
05-23-2006, 12:20 PM
lol well my living room is wack LOL and i only rent right now not buying untill december so maybe i'll just wait to upgrade that way i can actually run wiring and ****

adam71
05-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Completely untrue

When you get into the larger TVs (40" +), however, LCDs are definitely more expensive per square inch ...

That being said, his TV isn't an LCD TV; it's an LCD Projection TV, which is why it's 18" deep ...

then what I said wasn't completelyun true. Its in the larger sizes where LCDs are more costly per square inch. Ok, i must have heard it wrong then.

adam71
05-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Well, technically, it was untrue because your statement implied that it was in all cases ;)

Gotcha big daddy.:D

bigbangtheory
05-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Well I also just bought a new TV and have now tested out all 3 major ones. I first started with the 50" Rear projection tv from Sony and I was amazed at the DVD quailty. But the games and the High def channels were pretty bad, also the refresh rate was ungodly. I mean it was like **** was blurry 75% of the time. So then I check into a 40" Samsung Plasma and it has the best picture for digital cable and DVD/high def, but the gaming is horrible. I mean my CRT was way better and was 2000 grand less, lol! So I went to a TV Forum and put a poll up which is the best tv around for this size and money. So they told me to check the 40" Brivara xbr Sony LCD TV. That is what I have now. It isnt as nice as the plasma, but close. The gaming on my xbox360 is off the chain. I mean it is almost real to me. The refresh rate is a lot better than the other 2 as well. It is also about 1000 bucks cheaper than the Plasma. Only thing is digital cable is ahhhhh ok and the HD channels look grity to me, but pop in a DVD or a 360 game and I forget about the rest. Awesome TV. Thank god Circut City gives you 30 days on each one you purchase. Unless they just felt for me and knew I was spending a **** ton on it, lol!

bigbangtheory
05-27-2006, 09:18 AM
The Sony Bravia XBRs are nice, but so expensive compared to other LCDs ...

Tell me about it. I spent over 4500 bucks on this bish. But I love it for the most part. This technology is so dam expensive though. :(

bonesninja
05-27-2006, 12:55 PM
As soon as we find our new house, i got my heart set on the Toshiba 72" DLP. My dude is the manager of Custom Audio Concepts and he quoted me $4700. That bytch is awesome.

Safe-N-Sound215
05-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Just got my Hitachi(spelling? LOL) 50" LCD HDTV all i have to say is eeeeewweeeee! that is all i will try to get some pics of the setup.

That tv is junk! You don't want it, trust me. But since I'm a nice guy, I'll take it off your hands for you;)

ndnbolla
05-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Thats a nice TV. I am hoping you have HD cable/sat. service for it because if not you are missing out. ;)

Back around Christmas time, we picked up the 60" Sony SXRD. One word... amazing.

Now all we need a quality 5.1 setup to complete the ultimate home theatre experience.