PDA

View Full Version : F-bodies are such peices of garbage

ls1pimp
05-19-2006, 11:02 PM
I drive a 1998 WS6 and it is a really nice looking car, but it is such a peice of garbage. :( The problems i have are problems that normal cars shouldn't have

1. exhaust actually rattles during acceleration
2. Driver's side window constantly fallls of the track and then i have to get out of the car and wobble it around to get it back on so i can close it
3. rattles everywhere

JimJ
05-19-2006, 11:12 PM
The exhaust rattling sounds like a loose hanger or coupling clamp...?

regal8r
05-19-2006, 11:13 PM
I drive a 1998 WS6 and it is a really nice looking car, but it is such a peice of garbage. :( The problems i have are problems that normal cars shouldn't have

2. Driver's side window constantly fallls of the track and then i have to get out of the car and wobble it around to get it back on so i can close it
3. rattles everywhere
cars dont rattle??? i can understand the window track issue but still...

ss3079
05-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Yeah ... 4th gens are frickin' cheap vehicles.

Break a door panel yet?

ls1pimp
05-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Yeah ... 4th gens are frickin' cheap vehicles.

Break a door panel yet?

nah.

ls1pimp
05-19-2006, 11:15 PM
It's getting to the point where it is really emberassing for me. I have girls in the car and if i don't blast the radio you hear all kinds of crazy squeeks and rattling. From the outside it looks amazing, but from the inside it is just plain embarrasing.

ss3079
05-19-2006, 11:15 PM
Don't be surprised when you do.

Absolute garbage.

This coming from a Camaro lover/owner ...

regal8r
05-19-2006, 11:17 PM
It's getting to the point where it is really emberassing for me. I have girls in the car and if i don't blast the radio you hear all kinds of crazy squeeks and rattling. From the outside it looks amazing, but from the inside it is just plain embarrasing.
y not fix it then??

JimJ
05-19-2006, 11:21 PM
I have girls in the car and if i don't blast the radio you hear all kinds of crazy squeeks and rattling.

That usually happens even if I have one girl in the car...but she calls those squeaks and annoying noises "conversation", and nothing seems to get rid of it :)

ballstothewall
05-19-2006, 11:23 PM

Sounds like an excellent excuse for LT Headers, bullet mufflers and be done with it.

regal8r
05-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Sounds like an excellent excuse for LT Headers, bullet mufflers and be done with it.
cant forget a nice lopey cam too :naughty: :naughty:

ls1pimp
05-19-2006, 11:25 PM
y not fix it then??

it's not really a matter of simply fixing things. The build quality is horrendous and things are always breaking and falling apart.

Pop da Hatch
05-19-2006, 11:25 PM
It's getting to the point where it is really emberassing for me. I have girls in the car and if i don't blast the radio you hear all kinds of crazy squeeks and rattling.

does she weight over 2 bills :naughty: could be a problem you chubby chaser

ls1pimp
05-19-2006, 11:27 PM
does she weight over 2 bills :naughty: could be a problem you chubby chaser
\
nah, she is like 110 tops.

Pop da Hatch
05-19-2006, 11:30 PM
\
nah, she is like 110 tops.

Im JK man - I have the driver side window always pops out the track - pisses a guy off.

regal8r
05-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Im JK man - I have the driver side window always pops out the track - pisses a guy off.
same thing in my 96 monte...

ls1pimp
05-19-2006, 11:36 PM
But I know the second i sell this car I will miss the power. It is kind of like a drug having this much power. If i bought a car with much better build quality and class, i am positive i will hate the fact that its power can't compare to this car. But on the other hand, i really don't want to have to hang onto this thing until i can afford a powerful and quality built car which may not happen for a long long time.

regal8r
05-19-2006, 11:39 PM
But I know the second i sell this car I will miss the power. It is kind of like a drug having this much power. If i bought a car with much better build quality and class, i am positive i will hate the fact that its power can't compare to this car. But on the other hand, i really don't want to have to hang onto this thing until i can afford a powerful and quality built car which may not happen for a long long time.
just sell it to someone that would appreciate it....like me ;):D :up2somet:

ToyTundra
05-20-2006, 12:02 AM
cars dont rattle??? i can understand the window track issue but still...
My truck doesn't rattle, my dads camry doesn't rattle, nor does the Suburban. My rear suspention squeaks a little, but it's a truck. The only time it has made a wierd noise was when my lower strut bushings were crushed and the lower strut mount was neary in two pieces.

:shrug:

I guess it just depends on whay you're used to

Lil Poot
05-20-2006, 12:08 AM
you should hear my car. the 10 bolt rear is crying uncle. pin in the differential is ****ed and im going to swap in a strange 12 bolt or ford 9 inch with 3.42's when it gives. not going to be cheap, but it'll be nice.

azbass
05-20-2006, 12:13 AM
i thought the window falling off the track was a vw thing. lol

Airman21
05-20-2006, 12:35 AM
moser 31 spline , ford t-lok carrier and 4:10 gears ftw

bigbangtheory
05-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Camaro's/Firbirds fawking rattle more than any other car I have been in. My buddy has a 2000 rs and jesus christ everything in it rattles. It is like riding in a tin can. Plus it isnt even that fast, granted it was the v6, but still. My other friend has a Convertiable WS6 and it still rattles on the inside. I was like what is it with these cars? I guess poor interior parts, who knows. I know I wouldnt get one just for that reason.

IamDeMan
05-20-2006, 09:32 AM

3. rattles everywhere
Yes. F-bodies were never known for being solidly built. They were GMs cheap performance cars. Fit and finish were afterthoughts. Their interiors are infamous rattlers. The only time they are worthy is when you put the pedal down and open up the LS1 :)

pd298
05-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Yes. F-bodies were never known for being solidly built. They were GMs cheap performance cars. Fit and finish were afterthoughts. Their interiors are infamous rattlers. The only time they are worthy is when you put the pedal down and open up the LS1 :)
This is true.

LoudCrownVic
05-20-2006, 11:34 PM
LOL you lose.

Buy a Crown Vic.

jlaine
05-21-2006, 12:18 AM

3. rattles everywhere

On #2, you can use a clamp to narrow the railing back together to keep that from continuing, also verify that the stop at the bottom of the door is still in place. Inherent (garbage) design of that system causes the window to push inward when it bottoms out of the gearing.

As for the rattles, attack everything with minimal expanding foam and strips of foam/deadener. Best bet is to have someone else drive the car and you go hunting them down. (not the most safe option, but it works...)

I have an '00 - don't drive it much but it doesn't rattle, but I have ran into some of the same problems as you (minus the exhaust.)

Alpine CDA-9815
05-21-2006, 02:39 AM
Yeah I almost miss those rattle trap days... no not really. Thank god my GTO was not made by Pontiac, if it was it would be squeeking like mad right now.

B_Campbell
05-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Fix the ****ing roller in the window, common knowledge. Tighten up your exhaust clamp.

Rattles ever = It's a GM what do you expect. Get new doorpanel pins and deaden the **** out of them.