PDA

View Full Version : Audio System Design 101

thylantyr
05-19-2006, 02:06 PM
To avoid audio failure, it's best to state your goals on what your audio system
needs to do before design/installation.

An example of what my audio goals might be, using the Star Wars theme.

{Darth Sidious} Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

{Anakin} No?

{Darth Sidious} I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith,
his stereo so powerful he could use that Force to influence life.... He had such a knowledge of the dark side he could even keep the ones he
cared about from dying when they listened to his stereo at the highest SPL levels.

His stereo became so powerful the only thing he was afraid of was losing the
power from the electrical company, which eventually, of course, happened
when he couldn't pay his electrical bills. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew,
then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic, Isn't it. He could save others from death, but not himself.

:rolleyes:

JimJ
05-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Sounds like Darth Plagueis went the ways of solid state...

A true Thermionic Jedi would never succumb to such an evil :D

thylantyr
05-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Star Trek II

Once Kirk discovered the Genesis device, a powerful ten megawatt SS amp, in
the bowels of the Regula planetoid, Terrell reported in to "His Excellency" {Khan}, who beamed the device to Reliant. Terrell's refusal to kill Kirk, and
subsequent suicide, left Khan with some small satisfaction.

{Khan}I've done far worse than kill you. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me – as you left her – marooned for all eternity at the center of a dead planet without any stereo amplifier!

Unable to decipher Spock's sophisticated code language, Khan expected Enterprise would take two days to effect basic repairs. Upon the discovery of his prey – underway at full impulse power, and bound for the obscuring clouds of the Mutara Nebula – Khan hesitated at Joachim's advice, and started to abandon pursuit. With a ship of his own, Genesis at his disposal, and Kirk marooned in a rock, he could afford to let the Enterprise run away as he was giggy about
checking out the new amplifier to crank some tunes.

The surprise hail from Kirk, alive and confident on the bridge of the Enterprise, taunted Khan into a fury. Ignoring the consequences of engaging his enemy on the level playing field that the nebula provided, Khan and the Reliant lunged after Kirk.

The Battle of the Mutara Nebula was the last action of Khan's life. The two starships, barely able to discern one another, exchanged a series of near misses and solid blows, until Kirk's experience finally trumped Khan's will. Reliant was lamed and adrift, and Khan's followers were dying or dead. Rather than surrender, Khan connected the parabolic speaker array and activated the
Genesis device, hoping to take Kirk and the Enterprise along with him to oblivion
by cranking some Slayer 'Hell Awaits".

{Khan}To the last, I grapple with thee... From Hell's heart, I stab at thee... For hate's sake, I crank my last tune at thee...

ballstothewall
05-19-2006, 10:45 PM
Whoa, Thy... Thats nuts.

joetama
05-20-2006, 06:01 PM
**** dude are you going crazy???

Beat_Dominator
05-20-2006, 06:05 PM
I wish I was THAT borewd :crap: