PDA

View Full Version : new to home audio

Dozy_production
05-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Hey, well ive been asking a certain forum member on the how to's to home audio, but its not fair for him, so i thank him now in this thread. My question is this... So i if i where to build a couple of towers with several drivers, the drivers would be getting the divided amount of power from just one channel right? how is this done through the xover and how do people wire a tower with different drivers in the same enclosure.

Well i want to get about 2 small tower boxes, a center speaker enclosure and about 2 back single speakers to add to the surround effect. I was thinking of buying some sort of 5.1 reciever and i just need a little light to take the dark spots away that i have in home audio.

joetama
05-16-2006, 01:14 AM
How many drivers are you looking at in your towers? And it's based more on sensitivity than it is max wattage.

j3bus2k3
05-16-2006, 01:34 AM
^^^That man is a GOD...He'll help you all the way through with every question ;)

P.S. If yet to build my speakers...I may not get a chance :crap:

joetama
05-16-2006, 01:38 AM
^^^That man is a GOD...He'll help you all the way through with every question ;)

P.S. If yet to build my speakers...I may not get a chance :crap:

I'm no god,:blush: more like a :evil:. I just have been around this stuff since I was a young child. I'm a third generation sound man lol....\

Why wont you get a chance to build them? BTW, there might be a slight part change I discovered. If your interested let me know.....

ngsm13
05-16-2006, 01:46 AM
w00t.

nG

Dozy_production
05-16-2006, 02:08 AM
well ygpm. Thank you so much :)

Dozy_production
05-17-2006, 02:36 AM
any response to the pm?