PDA

View Full Version : Pre-made enclosures for door?

badstang123
05-11-2006, 08:52 PM
I put my components in kickpanels in the front of my mustang and now installed 6" midbass speakers in the doors. I think with a sealed enclosure in there, their sound and ouput would be a lot better. Before I build them myself, are there any companies that might make premade ones. It would go in the doors of a 95 GT Mustang. Thanks for the help guys.

bimma85
05-11-2006, 08:54 PM
i would read this first
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95925
what speakers do you have?

badstang123
05-13-2006, 11:09 PM
I read the link you put up. It's a good read but not really what I'm looking to do. I have MB Quart P series in kick panels up front, but it is crossfire MB6's that are going in the doors (There a midbass speaker). I don't want to just seal the door pretty good, I want to put them in a smaller fully sealed enclosure. I started fabbing something up this morning. Space is pretty limited but I figured something out that looks like it is going to work. I'll keep you guys posted and put up some pics.

Chevyaudio
05-14-2006, 01:04 AM
Those drivers might not like being sealed...its not as easy as just throwing them in a sealed enclosure. Some speakers are designed to be run IB. Though its a toss up if it will sound better with sealed enclosures, it will definatly be more benificial to properly sound deaden your doors.

badstang123
05-14-2006, 03:54 AM
The tech sheet for them has volumes and specs for a sealed enclosure. I also talked to the tech guy at crossfire for a bit and he said it should work well. I guess we'll see after I fab up one door. And what does "IB" stand for?

Decipha
05-14-2006, 05:00 AM
infinite baffle