PDA

View Full Version : Need new plugs + wires?

Astyl
05-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Hey guys, alright, to make this short and simple.

My car has 63K on it.. plugs and wires never changed yet, sometimes like 1 out of 10 times, it is VERY difficult to start.. and when i say difficult, i mean to the point where you almost give up because your convinced that its not going to start and then at the very last second it finally turns over.. ive also gotten CEL's in the past that have read saying that im having random Misfires... Does this mean that i need new plugs + wires?

spudracer326
05-10-2006, 04:01 PM
do a tune up....

NJack2AF
05-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Probably... U never know tho, but ussually that will fix it. For me, I've had plugs and wires replaced, new 02 sensor, last year had 4 valves redone, and the ****er still idles rough as hell... :( My dad's buddy is coming over tomorrow with a scanner... again...

Astyl
05-10-2006, 04:03 PM
all a tuneup is, is changing the plugs + wires, and the fluids, its EFI, back in the CARB days a tuneup would actually do something

Astyl
05-10-2006, 04:04 PM
The car runs perfectly fine once its started , it'll idle all day if it has too, it just has problems starting once in awile and that misfire code, but i havent noticed any lack in performance

NJack2AF
05-10-2006, 04:06 PM
The car runs perfectly fine once its started , it'll idle all day if it has too, it just has problems starting once in awile and that misfire code, but i havent noticed any lack in performance

That's weird, cuz if it's misfiring it will idle rough... I don't see why it would only misfire when being started?

Astyl
05-10-2006, 04:08 PM
the idles fine, when i scanned it it said the last misfire was about a thousand miles ago, and no codes have been set since, it was just stored in the PCMs history from 1K ago, it probobly happened when i was driving around so i didnt notice it as much

bri487
05-10-2006, 04:18 PM
you should probably test the battery, test the alternator, replace the fuel filters, etc... do a full service on it.

Astyl
05-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Ive already changed the oil, changed the fuel filter, got a new optima redtop.. etc etc.. only thing that i havent done is the plugs + wires