PDA

View Full Version : who is teh best box builder?

springy101
05-09-2006, 01:40 AM
well after being screwed by jalverson, i am in need of a box. i am pretty sure i am going to go with iamamp3pimp because i believe he made a thread about makin his own box for his uberwoofer and had to do all this crazy fiberglassing after he made the box and it looked great, but i am still looking for offers. if you are good at building boxes post some links in this thread to pics or to threads about your feedback along with estimated prices. the box i want is one of moe lesters designs in his thread, 1.6ft3 tuned to 32hz and my zip code is 95650 to help with estimating shipping.

Pop da Hatch
05-09-2006, 01:43 AM
pm jordan tyler!

LeofromtheH
05-09-2006, 01:43 AM
j tyler:D

edit: beat me to it pop da hatch:furious: lol

danteBirosel
05-09-2006, 01:50 AM
im a noob @ box building. even ask my customers. :up2somet:

Expy2K
05-09-2006, 01:54 AM
Lets have a summer BOX Building contest with CA.com as judges..

Everyone build the best box they can...

Submit pics by Aug or something..

winner gets 150 bucks

:)

Pop da Hatch
05-09-2006, 01:55 AM

winner gets 150 bucks

Tcab FTL.....:crazy:

danteBirosel
05-09-2006, 01:57 AM

winner gets 150 bucks

will u be the sponsor? :naughty:

Expy2K
05-09-2006, 01:58 AM
will u be the sponsor? :naughty:

Yep but I would have ot make some rules..

Pop da Hatch
05-09-2006, 01:59 AM
Yep but I would have ot make some rules..

lay down the law - I think I can take Tyler Jordan.

danteBirosel
05-09-2006, 02:00 AM
dam! dam! dam! our competition is jordan tyler? that's gonna be a hard one!

Pop da Hatch
05-09-2006, 02:02 AM
dam! dam! dam! our competition is jordan tyler? that's gonna be a hard one!

I dont know - shes the butt of all jokes now, this time that thread only lasted like 14 pages - but **** was that box ugly.

danteBirosel
05-09-2006, 02:03 AM
I dont know - shes the butt of all jokes now, this time that thread only lasted like 14 pages - but **** was that box ugly.

yea that ***** that the thread got locked.

bdawson72
05-09-2006, 02:07 AM
jordan tyler ftw!

springy101
05-09-2006, 02:53 AM
ok back on topic who here is a skilled box builder? post links to pics and prices please.

Ingleside
05-09-2006, 03:05 AM
sure, why not....

i have teh skills

i built this for a member back in march. i have more pics but they're on my iMac that crashed back in feb. sad times :crap:

http://kickin-it.com/boxes/jay'sbox/box1.jpg
http://kickin-it.com/boxes/jay'sbox/box2.jpg
http://kickin-it.com/boxes/jay'sbox/box4.jpg
http://kickin-it.com/boxes/jay'sbox/box5.jpg
http://kickin-it.com/boxes/jay'sbox/box6.jpg

SAG3
05-09-2006, 03:08 AM
i am

alann
05-09-2006, 03:16 AM
I vouch for James Bang

springy101
05-09-2006, 03:18 AM
ya i already pm'ed him but he said he didnt like shipping boxes or something

Spkrman
05-09-2006, 06:31 AM
I love shipping boxes.

As a matter of fact, I do it all the time.

Pulled off the site:

http://www.thecaraudiobox.com/graphics/boxpics/single15l7boxblackredport.jpg

http://www.thecaraudiobox.com/installs/212r8port.jpg

http://www.thecaraudiobox.com/installs/single12spacer.jpg

http://www.thecaraudiobox.com/installs/2615R26p.jpg

http://www.thecaraudiobox.com/installs/TYPER12BOX102.jpg

http://thecaraudiobox.com/graphics/boxpics/singler12silverports2.jpg
ports actually a darker grey... but you can't tell my cam that.

http://thecaraudiobox.com/graphics/boxpics/TCABh210box.jpg
one 10, did a 144 something?

http://thecaraudiobox.com/graphics/boxpics/2R12snb3.jpg
Why the box showed so dusty on the cam I have no idea, didn't look like that in person, my cam is mean. That setup is LOUD btw

http://thecaraudiobox.com/graphics/boxpics/tcabprefab12v1.jpg

http://thecaraudiobox.com/graphics/boxpics/inside1.jpg
world champ setup... thought outside the box and it paid off, alot.

Check the vids @ the site.

On that note the box will be of my own design, I don't use anyone else's designs... if you do it like everyone else you can only be as good as everyone else!

nVRuckus
05-09-2006, 07:15 AM
I love shipping boxes.

As a matter of fact, I do it all the time.

as long as you dont mind getting the wrong tuning and having him charge you to ship a new box ;)

I think Jordan went to go work for TCAB.

PV Audio
05-09-2006, 07:27 AM
I'm down for that summer contest, sounds like teh prawnage.

AlpineUser
05-09-2006, 08:15 AM
i vote for psyhcothenemisis i have seen some of his work and it is perfection everytime
there is a thread floating around hear with his work in it....i recomend him

JoeHemi57
05-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Ion SQL does great work too but the main thing you should look for is someone close to you to save on shipping.

nVRuckus
05-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Ion SQL does great work too but the main thing you should look for is someone close to you to save on shipping.
I agree thats why i didnt offer, FL ot CA is too far.

IonSQL
05-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks Joe :)

I've shipped a box or 2 to Cali before, made it there OK, but shipping was killer. As local as possible is best...

ramos
05-09-2006, 10:01 AM
On that note the box will be of my own design, I don't use anyone else's designs... if you do it like everyone else you can only be as good as everyone else!

Are you fooking serious ?? Come on now. Enclosure designs have been around for years. And yes I have personally seen a couple of tcab enclosures you have built . Inside and out ;) It's been done before my child :)

joeldirt
05-09-2006, 10:44 AM
1) you look like a terrorist in your pic.. that said......

2) contest sounds like a flippin great idea.... I want to see the thread put in motion.... Get on it... Seriously....

3) as far as box builders go...... it looks like you have your design chosen.... you can go to home depot to buy the material and then have the pieces cut there.... alls you need to do from there is glue the joints together in propper order... YOu can do that in your living room.

4) JDAudiobox.com doesn't exist...... yet...... but it will soon be the place that puts an end to every post asking.. "who can design me this" .... or "design me that"..... "Who can build me this in my area"?

JDAudiobox will have tutorials, a place to post a gallery of all of your photos, a place to post your vids, a place to search virtually any enclosure design that would fit your car specific, size requirements, spl, SQ, a place to buy your MDF, and have it cut and delivered to your front door. JDAudiobox will have a place where you can buy just the designs, or a place where you can buy aero ports cut to exact lengths in what ever dimension you want..... JDAudiobox is going to offer every one Convenience of Port calculators, volume calculators, series/ parallel calculators... It will be a place to go for free knowlege, for precision cut DIY kits out of what ever design you choose so you can assemble it in your living room with glue and screws, getting a proffessionaly designed box built by your self on your own time for a fraction of the cost as if you were to have one built..... JDAudiobox.com is coming soon.... Web page is on its way.....

The contest... lets start this going. Want to see some rules... Some guidelines.... One good thinga about Caraudio.com, is that we are all here to help one another, and to make fun of Jordan Tyler it seems...... Another is to motivate eachother to evolve in car audio techniques and methods... To motivate eachother in this hobby, for many is a way of life by means of income whether it be side income, or primary.

Spkrman
05-09-2006, 10:45 AM
as long as you dont mind getting the wrong tuning and having him charge you to ship a new box ;)

I think Jordan went to go work for TCAB.

:yawn:

3onDubs
05-09-2006, 10:47 AM
I vouch for James Bang

:iagree:

Spkrman
05-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Are you fooking serious ?? Come on now. Enclosure designs have been around for years. And yes I have personally seen a couple of tcab enclosures you have built . Inside and out ;) It's been done before my child :)

Everything has been done before...

To apply things the way I do, and with certain design elements... thats why the boxes are as loud as they are.

If it was that easy, everyone would be as loud as everyone.. and sound great.

iceteebone
05-09-2006, 10:53 AM

To apply things the way I do, and with certain design elements... thats why the boxes are as loud as they are.

just when i think you can't amuse me anymore, you post this.

anyways i'd offer but the last box i tried to ship to california, cost over $60

Chevillac
05-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Id build you one for free.

ramos
05-09-2006, 11:06 AM

never said it was easy, I know and speak from experience that it's not. Just that some things have been done before :)

joeldirt
05-09-2006, 11:09 AM

you get what you pay for.... Don't give away your service or product if it has value... If it is worth giving away, why spend the energy to do it? You've been arround a while it's why I am curious.

ramos
05-09-2006, 11:11 AM
IF your local I build for the cost of materials alone. Just to keep in practice :)

Chevillac
05-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Id do it for practice. My boxes arent special, I want to get better at them. I dont design either. Last two designs were done by other people(one by worlddre), I just built them, for friends, for cost of material. And my last box was for me.

iceteebone
05-09-2006, 11:14 AM
you get what you pay for.... Don't give away your service or product if it has value... If it is worth giving away, why spend the energy to do it? You've been arround a while it's why I am curious.

joeldirt= racist :fyi:

gotcha covered devillian ;)

joeldirt
05-09-2006, 11:16 AM
joeldirt= racist :fyi:

gotcha covered devillian ;)

LOL... I am? As a matter of fact. I think I may have enough BLACKNESS in my veins to be put on his "Black" List.
I was only encouraging someone to put a price tag on the value of their work so that they are not working for free. You can still practice and have a price... I just figure if it isn't for my closest friend or for my sisters new car or somthing... I'd give it a price.

dbornotdb
05-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Contest????????

I want in. Whats the rules??

iceteebone
05-09-2006, 11:17 AM
LOL... I am?
I was only encouraging someone to put a price tag on the value of their work so that they are not working for free. You can still practice and have a price... I just figure if it isn't for my closest friend or for my sisters new car or somthing... I'd give it a price.

i see you don't look at "the thread" very often ;)

Chevillac
05-09-2006, 11:17 AM
ramos beat me to it

Spkrman
05-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Contest????????

I want in. Whats the rules??

I don't see it happening... organizing would be a mess, and who will be the judge.

joeldirt
05-09-2006, 11:19 AM
i see you don't look at "the thread" very often ;)

actually... I usually only come in here... I guess I am missing out?

joeldirt
05-09-2006, 11:20 AM
I don't see it happening... organizing would be a mess, and who will be the judge.

the thread has already been started, and all of the ideas are being put together... You gotsta have some faith that ideas can work..... It only requires the effort to make it happen...

heres the thread. thanks to iceteebone. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158769

iceteebone
05-09-2006, 11:21 AM

all i know is you won't be a judge

Spkrman
05-09-2006, 11:22 AM
If I remember, they tried on SD... and it was just a big fiasco.

LoudCrownVic
05-09-2006, 11:23 AM
It'd be east to set up a contest.

Everyone gets the same amp and the same sub...

And the person who can make that same amp and sub the LOUDEST wins, no matter what motorized, DOT approved vehicle (in stock trim) that its in.

Worlddre
05-09-2006, 11:25 AM
It'd be east to set up a contest.

Everyone gets the same amp and the same sub...

And the person who can make that same amp and sub the LOUDEST wins, no matter what motorized, DOT approved vehicle (in stock trim) that its in.
this contest would be based on looks because not everyone has access to a tl

LoudCrownVic
05-09-2006, 11:27 AM
this contest would be based on looks because not everyone has access to a tl

Then you have a fiasco because looks are subjective...

Worlddre
05-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Then you have a fiasco because looks are subjective...
yes but we all know what a professionally made enclosure is supposed to look like

vetkilr
05-09-2006, 11:31 AM
How bout me:D

dbornotdb
05-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Some rules that come off the top of my head......

Judges :::: should be 5 respected members who are also not entering. They can get together and choose a point system designated to overall looks. Outside finish. Inside finish. Functionality. Strength.

dbornotdb
05-09-2006, 11:39 AM
There should definatly be progress pics to document what you did.
No pics, no win.

If it is a single person per box, how do we make sure that rule is upheld? (I got that from the other thread)

dbornotdb
05-09-2006, 11:40 AM
I have a design in my head already.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_36.gif

vetkilr
05-09-2006, 11:41 AM
I have a design in my head already.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_36.gif
2 12"L7s in a mustang trunk:D

danteBirosel
05-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Some rules that come off the top of my head......

Judges :::: should be 5 respected members who are also not entering. They can get together and choose a point system designated to overall looks. Outside finish. Inside finish. Functionality. Strength.

Nice rules so far. I would love to be one of the judges, we can set more organized ground rules, think of other prizes, etc.

I think we should make a box design contest too. To see who really knows how to make accurate enclosure designs. Critique quality, the design, accuracy etc. That would be another fun contest to see. I wonder if all the enclsoure designers that designed my enclosures were really that accurate.

-dante

joeldirt
05-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Nice rules so far. I would love to be one of the judges, we can set more organized ground rules, think of other prizes, etc.

I think we should make a box design contest too. To see who really knows how to make accurate enclosure designs. Critique quality, the design, accuracy etc. That would be another fun contest to see. I wonder if all the enclsoure designers that designed my enclosures were really that accurate.

-dante

Also love that idea.

danteBirosel
05-09-2006, 11:47 AM
There should definatly be progress pics to document what you did.
No pics, no win.

If it is a single person per box, how do we make sure that rule is upheld? (I got that from the other thread)

I would of course suggest pics...but I think a video would be better. Record ur self cuttint the wood, puttint them together etc. Then us the judges would act as a dispute council, and see if there are any flaws on the video and stuff. So pics and a video should be a must.

-dante

Pyro_By_Nature
05-09-2006, 11:48 AM
I gave you a quote already.I usually don't take all too many pictures, as I didn't have too much time to make tons of enclosures this past year.But I'm starting a different job soon that'll give me a lot more time (and yet more pay).So I'm starting to build again.I will post more pics.

Pyro_By_Nature
05-09-2006, 11:49 AM
I would of course suggest pics...but I think a video would be better. Record ur self cuttint the wood, puttint them together etc. Then us the judges would act as a dispute council, and see if there are any flaws on the video and stuff. So pics and a video should be a must.

-dante

What about those of us who can't record a video?Well technically on VHS, but I can't get one onto the computer.

vetkilr
05-09-2006, 11:50 AM
I gave you a quote already.I usually don't take all too many pictures, as I didn't have too much time to make tons of enclosures this past year.But I'm starting a different job soon that'll give me a lot more time (and yet more pay).So I'm starting to build again.I will post more pics.

Cool cant wait:naughty:

dbornotdb
05-09-2006, 11:50 AM
I own no video device.

Unless I go through with a deal I might have pending.

But then I have no video editing skills.

PICS.

Pyro_By_Nature
05-09-2006, 11:51 AM
If I remember, they tried on SD... and it was just a big fiasco.

GrandMasta REALLY needs to get his act together.Glad he left there, but that place is such a n00b hole anyway.He did so many things wrong, its not even funny.

I recommend the idea of using a big piece of paper with your name on it in every picture, otherwise that picture is deemed useless.

Pyro_By_Nature
05-09-2006, 11:53 AM
all i know is you won't be a judge

That literally made me lol.

danteBirosel
05-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Well there should be someone around the block or family member u can borrow from. Cuz having it on video would be great.

Johnny Drama
05-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Lets keep all the contest discussion in the other thread.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1786946#post1786946

two threads makes it hard to keep up with.

Pyro_By_Nature
05-09-2006, 12:01 PM
My family ***** :fyi: (not immediate, but anyone of them within a few hours).

I have to get my digital camera fixed.It won't switch into video mode right now, switch is ****ed.I'll try to get it fixed before then I suppose. But I still see many people having issues with gaining access to one.

Chevillac
05-09-2006, 01:40 PM
How bout me:D
Most likely, just cost of supplies really. Plus I dont design my boxes. You live pretty close too.

Eugenics
05-09-2006, 03:43 PM
tcab ftw, 400 dollar box that takes over a month to get.... who can beat that reputation?

PowerNaudio
05-10-2006, 04:32 PM
i design and build, i live in killeen, TX, 76543.
look at my sig for links, pm me if interested.

vetkilr
05-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Most likely, just cost of supplies really. Plus I dont design my boxes. You live pretty close too.
Now we are talkin:D

ygpm

sharebear
05-19-2006, 12:54 PM
I'm gonna build my first box in a week or so. Can I enter it in this contest ?

IamDeMan
05-19-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm gonna build my first box in a week or so. Can I enter it in this contest ?
You sure can, but don't expect to be beating Jordan Tyler. She gotz mad tyte skillz bruh.

sharebear
05-19-2006, 01:42 PM
he must be a professional or something. I don't think I could compete with that.

IamDeMan
05-19-2006, 01:49 PM
he must be a professional or something. I don't think I could compete with that.
It's a SHE. She can make serious enclosures with 2 shakes of her bosom.

sharebear
05-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Sorry, jordan sounded like a guys name to me. I'll think about entering it.

Pyro_By_Nature
05-19-2006, 07:01 PM

Actually, it's a she.And her boxes definently need improvement.The last thread god deleted, and we never got to make it to page 150 :(