PDA

View Full Version : No Muffler

Astyl
05-06-2006, 01:04 AM
The act is complete
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/Astyl2002/398bb51c.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d146/02ss/DSC00487sss.jpg
Suprisingly it sounds pretty ******, at idle it has that V8 Flowmaster sound and when you really get onto it it just fades away and the sound from the front end overtakes it, its not crazy loud, just noticibly loud

Vids Up

Sorry about the poor lighting, we took this right after we chopped muffler off, and this was at like 11 or so at night, but then again who needs video anyway right? its all about the sound

Turn up your speakers for this stuff to get the full effect

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yL75ypg-4O4 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=yL75ypg-4O4)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TDd41EcobXA (http://youtube.com/watch?v=TDd41EcobXA)

azbass
05-06-2006, 01:19 AM
holyguacamole

prioracy
05-06-2006, 01:20 AM
lol ghetto

Prowler573
05-06-2006, 01:21 AM
what kinda car is this?

Astyl
05-06-2006, 02:52 PM
More vids coming soon, ive got some in the huge parking lot over by my buddys work, took some of it idling and revving it up with the camera down by the back bumper, and then afew whipping around the parking lot with it, ill load em up soon, sounds nice

Astyl
05-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Vids Up
Idling + some Reving
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH8t3pl2VXA
Driving Around
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb-Vuxeyknw

rick22
05-06-2006, 04:45 PM
first off since thats illegal you mine as well take the cat off too so you 1) get more flow and 2) get better sound. secondly you need to get the pipe to go all the way out and while your at it get a bigger diameter piping. also take off the rubber hanger mounts.

Alpine CDA-9815
05-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Why would you do that?

Astyl
05-06-2006, 08:05 PM
2.25 inch piping actually

Also, the hangers are staying, this is NOT permenant, im just beating around with it for about two or so weeks till i put my flowmaster 40 series on

Also, i do NOT need to extend the pipe, ive already checked, its not hurting anything where it is, and is not visible whatsoever, so its fine

Astyl
05-06-2006, 08:14 PM
ide beleive it, it was definately a foot or over long and a foot wide give or take a inch or two

Ape
05-06-2006, 08:21 PM
I cut off my exhaust (To cut out the cats and put new mufflers on) and im just waiting on my buddy to use his welder, and my car is retardedly loud, and sounds like its fresh off the farm or something.. could be because I got a big ****** engine ;)

how does it sound at low speeds though, like from 0-25 miles when your accelerating, thats when mine is godly loud. cant wait to get the mufflers on lol.

DubbDesigns
05-06-2006, 08:31 PM
I cut off my muffler and put on a fart cannon looking thing. Prolly one of the worst things I have done to my car besides trying to build a "system" with an audiobahn bandpass.
My car doesn't sound that bad with the removable silencer in tho.

rick22
05-06-2006, 08:42 PM
I cut off my exhaust (To cut out the cats and put new mufflers on) and im just waiting on my buddy to use his welder, and my car is retardedly loud, and sounds like its fresh off the farm or something.. could be because I got a big ****** engine

how does it sound at low speeds though, like from 0-25 miles when your accelerating, thats when mine is godly loud. cant wait to get the mufflers on lol.

just to warn you your car will still be extremly loud without the cat. i just did a complete system to my car. no cat, no resonator just a muffler and it is so **** loud. then i put a resonator on and its still loud. but my resonator and muffler are perforated straight through. not too bad but like you said accelerateing is a ***** because its so loud.

rick22
05-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Also, i do NOT need to extend the pipe, ive already checked, its not hurting anything where it is, and is not visible whatsoever, so its fine

the reason you extend the pipe to go out is not for looks its to let the exhaust gases escape. so basically why even have an exhaust other then heads if your not letting the gas escape from under the car?

Astyl
05-06-2006, 11:20 PM
no, there are atleast four other people that are running without mufflers on my car forum and noone has had any issues, and its the same deal as mine

Ape
05-07-2006, 09:22 PM
just to warn you your car will still be extremly loud without the cat. i just did a complete system to my car. no cat, no resonator just a muffler and it is so **** loud. then i put a resonator on and its still loud. but my resonator and muffler are perforated straight through. not too bad but like you said accelerateing is a ***** because its so loud.

oh ya for sure, im putting my 2 mufflers on tomorrow so that should be nice.. my cats were done though, I noticed an instant 25% boost in gas milage :D

Astyl
05-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Loud = Good

Ill be happy when my car sounds as loud as a harley with no silencers / mufflers

rick22
05-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Loud = Good

Ill be happy when my car sounds as loud as a harley with no silencers / mufflers
your kidding right?

jujumantb
05-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Wait 2 years and you will realize how retarded you are, I guarantee it

Astyl
05-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Ive got no muffler right now, and after only two days i want it louder, which is why im installing my flowmaster 40 series soon ( already bought and in posession of ) , after that its resonator delete and hi-flow cat , we'll see what that does

rick22
05-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Ive got no muffler right now, and after only two days i want it louder, which is why im installing my flowmaster 40 series soon ( already bought and in posession of ) , after that its resonator delete and hi-flow cat , we'll see what that does

wow man do you know what a muffler does, its not gonna make your car any louder it will just either make it quieter or lower the tone, hense the word muffle. also if you want loud why are you putting on a cat. so your best bet is to just run without any exhaust just have your headers there. with your mind set that will be the coolest sound you can get.

Astyl
05-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Wait 2 years and you will realize how retarded you are, I guarantee it

i doubt it, my dads 40 years old and drives his vette with Headers / No Cat / No Resonator / Flowmasters daily.. ive got good loudness genes on my side :up2somet:

Astyl
05-07-2006, 09:37 PM
wow man do you know what a muffler does, its not gonna make your car any louder it will just either make it quieter or lower the tone, hense the word muffle. also if you want loud why are you putting on a cat. so your best bet is to just run without any exhaust just have your headers there. with your mind set that will be the coolest sound you can get.

The Flowmaster is a chambered muffler, trust me, it will be FAR louder then having nothing at all.. my bestfriend had a magnaflow on his car, and when he took it off and ran straightpipes, it was actually QUIETER, then it was with the muffler

rick22
05-07-2006, 09:42 PM
chambered is what will make it quieter. the reason they do that is so that the sound wave get caught and you dont hear them. if you want a loud muffler you get a straight through perforated core. this is like having just a pipe but will eliminate some of the harsh gases from escapeing.

rick22
05-07-2006, 09:48 PM
oh ya for sure, im putting my 2 mufflers on tomorrow so that should be nice.. my cats were done though, I noticed an instant 25% boost in gas milage

yea after redoing my whole exhaust and adding my cai i went from getting ~300 miles on a 15gal tank to almost 400 and thats even after i added 17s which had to have slighty lessened my gas mileage. its great gaining gas mileage with these prices nowadays.

Astyl
05-07-2006, 09:50 PM
A Flowmaster will be louder then what i have now, guaranteed

As i have said, my friend ran a magnaflow for the longest time and it was loud, when he took it off and ran nothing, as i am doing right now, it was QUIETER, then it was with the magnaflow, my cars quiet as hell now, its got a tone in the low rpm and idle, but when your on the gas you barely hear it, that will change :)

http://www.ronbarthelt.com/Flowmaster_40.wmv

rick22
05-07-2006, 09:56 PM
ok man its just that i went from just straight pipe ( just really quick to see performance wise what it would be like) which was crazy loud, then just a mufller (magnaflow) not as loud but still anoying, then i threw on a glasspack and its still loud but is like a perfect match for what i have considering its 2.5in piping and the whole thing is straight through. and as for your dad with the vette that is a real car so its real nice just to have heads thats what my dads 65 stingray was. but its your car so have fun as long as its not loud from miles away.

Astyl
05-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Miles away? im not that crazy.. ill settle with having everyone at a redlight looking around wondering who the ******* with the obnoxiously loud car is ;P

Astyl
05-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Personally im a huge fan of the popping noise you get when you let off that gas, that sound kicks *** to me, popping FTW

Astyl
05-07-2006, 10:08 PM
The only time i would personally say that my car is loud, in my opinion, is when i have it at the top of first gear, say 4.5K out of the 6100 Redline, and then i floor it, then its pretty sweet, other then that, its a old mans ride

RandyJ
05-07-2006, 10:14 PM
I think if your car is worthy of creating that sound then it's ok, but usually those cars are seen exceeding 120mph in the quarter mile, not putt putting around town ;)

Ape
05-07-2006, 11:09 PM
I woke my sister up this morning when I left for work. hope my neighbours dont egg my car. MUFFLERS FTW.

tomorrow im going to be quiet again wooo. (right now my exhaust is cut off at the headers, so I have my v8 screaming at the neighbours, I try not to accelerate on my block lol)

Alpine CDA-9815
05-08-2006, 01:49 AM
The Flowmaster is a chambered muffler, trust me, it will be FAR louder then having nothing at all.. my bestfriend had a magnaflow on his car, and when he took it off and ran straightpipes, it was actually QUIETER, then it was with the muffler
So you're telling me if I added cut outs on my car and opened them up it will be quieter than if going though my Magnaflows? :laugh: :confused: :waycrazy:

You don't really know much about what you are talking about do you? Also if you want it loud take these guys advice, ditch the cat. Either way the car will sound like poo IMO.

Astyl
05-08-2006, 06:41 AM
I know what ive seen, maybe not on your car, but on my friends and mine, his was louder with the mag then when he took it off and ran nothing, i was there and there was a significant difference

your cars a V8, my car with NO muffler, you cant even hear it idling like 20 yards away, and when you gun it the sound from the front end / intake overtakes the sound from the exhaust with no muffler, hence. quiet, a flowmaster would definately change that

saywhat?
05-08-2006, 07:00 AM
ive got a 302 in my truck and let me tell you, it has straight pipes right now and i dont think it could get any louder other than maybe cherry bombs. but i have some huge 4 inch tips aswell. thats all going to change here shortly.

saywhat?
05-08-2006, 07:08 AM
i doubt it, my dads 40 years old and drives his vette with Headers / No Cat / No Resonator / Flowmasters daily.. ive got good loudness genes on my side :up2somet:

no you dont. if you gad those good genes he would be drivin a cobra with cut offs in the middle of a full cat back system

faulkton
05-08-2006, 07:43 AM
My van has a 5.9 liter and no muffler...its lets out about right between the driver and passenger seat...loud as fuc

its so fucing fun to drive..to bad it gets like 8 mpg :(

Astyl
05-08-2006, 01:34 PM
no you dont. if you gad those good genes he would be drivin a cobra with cut offs in the middle of a full cat back system

We've all seen the videos... Vettes are faster then Cobras, also, Cat Back? whats a Cat? he dosent have a cat.. its the definition of straight PIPE, no cat, resonator, no nothing, just piping back from the aftermarket headers to the flowmasters

Lurius
05-13-2006, 03:55 AM
On my truck I have dumped flowmaster 40 before the rear axle and a cutout about 2 foot behind the Y pipe, before the muffler. Yes, the flowmaster chamered muffler IS a muffler, it does muffle. Definantly quieter without the muffler :).

-Lurius

Astyl
05-13-2006, 09:18 PM
As promised, the no muffler thing was only temporary
Got my flowmaster 40 series installed.. complete with welds, no clamps here!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/Astyl2002/More%20Stuff/P1150018.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/Astyl2002/More%20Stuff/P1150017.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/Astyl2002/More%20Stuff/P1150014.jpg

My cars louder with the flowmaster then it was with straights, lol