PDA

View Full Version : Urei Sonipulse

joetama
05-04-2006, 01:18 AM
Has anyone on here worked with a Urei SoniPulse? Not sure if this is the right section but it's a DIY project. I have one that I got from my father and my grandfather had fixed it a few times before me by changing out the LM301 Op amps. However, I seem to be having trouble getting it working. I have changed the Op Amps but it seems to be having problems locking onto frequency, possible calibration issue. Also, it seems that the noise threshold and the square output to the meter circuit is not functioning correctly. (Output to the meter circuit is ultra sporadic and very noisy) So, if anyone has one or had seen one I would be interested in buying it or having them help me through the repair process. Otherwise it's put everything into the computer simulator and trying to go from there, but that might take me decades to do. :crap:

Thanks
-Joe

joetama
05-04-2006, 01:21 AM
Has anyone on here ever even heard of Urei?

United Recording Electonics Industries? 1972?

ballstothewall
05-04-2006, 01:05 PM
I was just gonna ask what the hell it is... Then I did a google search on it and still couldn't find anything.

So what exactly does this thing do?

joetama
05-04-2006, 01:19 PM
It is a speaker system checker. It checks frequency response by sending out a repeated pulse signal instead of pink noise. The idea is normal music is more impulses than sustained perfect frequencies so by tuning the system with impulses you tune it true with out standing waves.

The REAL UREI was bought by a big company in the 80's and now isn't UREI anymore, meaning everything awesome UREI made is not gone forever. But the Sonipulse was built in 1972 so it's hard to find people that have worked with it......

djman37
05-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Has anyone on here ever even heard of Urei?

United Recording Electonics Industries? 1972?

yes, old school. UREI club mixers ROCKED.

ballstothewall
05-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Ok, I get what it does now, thanks. They probably aren't cheap either if someone wanted to buy one either?