PDA

View Full Version : more sound into cabin

bmd107
05-02-2006, 07:02 PM
I drive a 97 cadillac deville and I am tying to get more bass into the car. My idea on doing this is to run ports through my back deck, however I am wondering if it would be best to just remove my back speakers and not do any cutting to the back deck.

prochobo
05-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Remove the speakers. I'm not sure if ports up would do very good in a trunk.

bonesninja
05-02-2006, 07:12 PM
hell yes....remove the speakers and use comps up front if you aren't already

3onDubs
05-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Get more subs....lol.

Seriously though, removing the speakers helps a little, but not too much. I have the same problem in my bimmer....no fold down seats and a big *** metal plate to eat the bass....my solution = bigger box and no rear speakers.

And yes...as mentioned below...dynamat the crap out of the trunk and you will hear a HUGE difference...i used 4 layers of dynamat extreme on the trunk lid alone and noticed a major improvement.

937DYTBOI
05-02-2006, 07:52 PM
secondskin the trunk, or port the rear deck

bmd107
05-02-2006, 10:03 PM
sorry if I confused anybody. I originally meant to say that I am thinking of porting the deck lid. Which would yield better results. Port the deck lid or just remover the rear fill.

3onDubs
05-03-2006, 02:42 PM
What's the difference between the deck lid and the rear deck?

Are you talking about the trunk lid? Wouldn't water get in?

bean-a-reano
05-04-2006, 04:40 AM
What's the difference between the deck lid and the rear deck?

Are you talking about the trunk lid? Wouldn't water get in?

The deck lid is the trunk lid. He is talking about the rear deck, the panel between your rear window and backseat. Usually some rear fill speakers are mounted there. He is thinking about running his ports throught the rear deck to increase the sound in the cabin.

bang hard
05-04-2006, 04:44 AM
i was wondering if that would make a big difference to. I plan on putting ports there this weekend, i'll let you know how it is.