PDA

View Full Version : pro box rock ?????? sub box company

thickone
05-02-2006, 05:21 AM
dose anyone have any feed back on this company ??? are they good ,scrap, ??? build yor own and save your money,or go ahead and in vest ?????

http://www.proboxrocks.com/home.shtml

NJAV1
05-02-2006, 05:25 AM
These were popular for like a second with the Chevy avalanche crowd, most decided they liked the JL Audio setup better and went with that....apparantly the subs they package with this setup are garbage from what I hear...so spend the money and then spend some more to replace those 10's with something of quality....

Ignatowski
05-02-2006, 06:18 AM
they make decent boxes

PV Audio
05-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Ima gemme oneah dem super base bawks.

watts
05-02-2006, 08:04 AM
I am not a big fan of pre fab boxes. I am not entirely convinced that you can buy a box already tuned to a specific frequency. A prefab box doesnít take into any consideration the required port cross sectional area that is required by your sub. The manufacture doesnít know what you are going to put in the box. If I did purchase a pre fab box I would look closely at the sub manufactures required volume and the required port diameter or area for the sub and find a pre fab enclosure that is closest. If you would be willing to build a box your self I personally would go that route. I am familiar with the time it takes to build a good box and I am to the point were I just go to a local shop and tell them what I want and have them build it. I would bet that there isnít much price difference in having a box built and a pre fab.

Ignatowski
05-02-2006, 08:09 AM
I am not a big fan of pre fab boxes. I am not entirely convinced that you can buy a box already tuned to a specific frequency. A prefab box doesn’t take into any consideration the required port cross sectional area that is required by your sub. The manufacture doesn’t know what you are going to put in the box. If I did purchase a pre fab box I would look closely at the sub manufactures required volume and the required port diameter or area for the sub and find a pre fab enclosure that is closest. If you would be willing to build a box your self I personally would go that route. I am familiar with the time it takes to build a good box and I am to the point were I just go to a local shop and tell them what I want and have them build it. I would bet that there isn’t much price difference in having a box built and a pre fab.

There are driver specfic pre fab boxes made by certain companys
that work really well....
I run an Audio Enhancers Diamond spec'd single ported box and it PWNS..
I tried the same sub in 2 other ported boxes made by so called box gurus
(one was made by a well known kid on Caraudio.Com) and
needless to say the 2 other box's are on my shelf collecting dust because they all ****** *** . . .
I would not use a prefeb generic box like Probox makes as its not driver specifc however
Probox's sealed enclosures are built really well for small to medium powered set up's
I think quite a few of his boxes are not 3/4" MDF but 5/8ths whic is OK for 90% of the subwoofers out there

PV Audio
05-02-2006, 08:28 AM
Prefab boxes are generally bad unless they are spec made by the SAME company. If DD made 9500 enclosures, you could probably bet they'd be good.

watts
05-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Regardless if a manufacture is driver specific. You can design a box produce a sound that desired by the consumer. I can design a box to be accurate and flat or hit low and hard, increase power handling, or basically a produce a wide variety of sound types. A manufacture doesnít know what the consumer want's to here. Not all gurus are really gurus.

PV Audio
05-02-2006, 09:09 AM
*yaaaaaaaaaaawn* Oh, I'm sorry, did you say something else that no one cares about?

PV Audio
05-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Nice edit.

ramos
05-02-2006, 10:40 AM
IF you don't want too build your own. Why not have somebody like phil
http://www.woodlawncabinetry.com/
build you an enclsoure for your subs. Instead of a one size fits all prefab. At least they do it right :)

PV Audio
05-02-2006, 10:42 AM
I agree, but if I couldn't build a box, I'd feel more comfortable going with a "custom" pre-fab box (something like the JL boxes or a snailshell.