PDA

View Full Version : New Jeep! Help Me With the Box Design :D

PhatTonyDeMarco
05-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Okay, so I finally got rid of my car (eBay) and I ended up with a 1995 Jeep Cherokee 2dr :naughty:.

If some of you dont know by now, JordanTyler messed up on the last enclosure she was supposed to make, and she was putting up quite a fight for my refund:furious:, so I decided to give her another shot with a new design (very simple design as well.)

I am going for a round port, I plan to use 10" PVC piping (all Jordan has to do is cut the hole ;)). With a single 10" port, it would need to be 24" long for my tuning selection.

Question:
I had planned to do sub firing up and port firing back, but with a 24" long round port I do not have enough depth (I assume I need at least 4" or clearence between the end of that port and the back wall, correct me on this please.)

So I was curious what people's experiences have been in SUV's with the port firing to the side, which would be my only other option... Or what else could I do? I am set on this 10" port, so dont suggest something other :)

And I CAN fit it firing back, but since my back seat slants a bit, the enclosure would only be able to be around 14" tall and then I would have to increase the width quite a bit, which I would like to keep it down to allow for room for a Yellow Top back there.

Suggestions?

nVRuckus
05-01-2006, 06:06 PM
I would put a flare on the port and give atleast half the diameter of the port as distance behind it.

and with a 10" port I guess your looking for pure SPL? I wouldnt go above 6" if you plan on daily driving. too much port area.

PhatTonyDeMarco
05-01-2006, 06:07 PM
I would put a flare on the port and give atleast half the diameter of the port as distance behind it.

What are your thoughts on porting it to the side?

I was aware of the half diameter rule, which is why I made the thread. :p:

tRiGgEr
05-01-2006, 06:08 PM
At least 5" from port end to enclosure wall. Port side will sound decent, just not optimal.

Suggestions?

Don't give him another chance.

nVRuckus
05-01-2006, 06:09 PM
iirc tcab ports are side mounted.

PhatTonyDeMarco
05-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Don't give him another chance.
He only offered to return $100.

If the enclosure is built correctly, I will not have a problem this time. I am having her only screw the top baffle on, so I can go back and put the port in and spread a few layers of glass on the interior of the enclosure.

What about sub and port firing up?

PhatTonyDeMarco
05-01-2006, 06:11 PM
iirc tcab ports are side mounted.
I have seen many that were not, I assume he does what is best for the install. I have never seen an SUV with the port on the side...

nVRuckus
05-01-2006, 06:11 PM
you can port side and fire up or rear. I would do firing up. I only seem 1 large port boc from him 8 or 10" and it was firing up with port far side