PDA

View Full Version : wall vs regular box in explorer?

pimpedout97x
04-30-2006, 12:30 AM
is it better for the subs to be facing up, and ports firing at the hatch? or would a wall get louder? (18" solo x or MT, not sure)

i know a guy that had 2 12" sx's in a 4 dr explorer, with like 2500w, and he beat another guy with 4 15's in a wall in the same kinda explorer, with about 4000w...is it just cuase the wall wasent built for spl? (the sx box was)

LoudCrownVic
04-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Well, a wall is a wall because they want to get loud... Putting in a wall for SQ would be pretty silly.

Many people who cannot build a wall do up facing subs with rear firing ports... Thats an option.

pimpedout97x
04-30-2006, 12:34 AM
well the wall wasnet for SQ, its was kinda more a "pretty" install...u know, nice fiberglass and everything...

pimpedout97x
04-30-2006, 12:35 AM
the wall im talking about is on ROE...under crossfire audio(4 15" BMF's)

AcidicDreams
04-30-2006, 12:39 AM
and if you build a wall you can't see out your rear window... do a plexiglass IB install... then you'll get the best of both worlds...

LoudCrownVic
04-30-2006, 12:40 AM
IF DONE PROPERLY... A walled enclosure will be the loudest. It creates a smaller space for the bass to fill, all the loudest vehicles in the world have them.

pimpedout97x
04-30-2006, 12:41 AM
tips on doing it properly?

and whats a IB install? and btw, i have double 5% tint and 5% on my windshield, and no rearview mirrior. a wall isnt gonna make it any harder than it is now to see out LOL

AcidicDreams
04-30-2006, 12:59 AM
tips on doing it properly?

and whats a IB install? and btw, i have double 5% tint and 5% on my windshield, and no rearview mirrior. a wall isnt gonna make it any harder than it is now to see out LOL

IB (infinite baffle) isn't the loudest install, it's an SQ install... basically you seperate the rear sound waves from the front ie (in an SUV) install a sealed complete wall between the passenger and the cargo areas, using the entire cargo area as a huge sealed box... you have to have the right subwoofers for it though... IB will get REALLY low too... usually it's done in regular cars, in fact I've never heard of it in an SUV... I have subs that would enjoy IB but since I have an SUV I built a rather large 8cu ft sealed box...

pimpedout97x
04-30-2006, 01:04 AM
i want it ported...but i plan on sealing it completly off too...i just want insane loud bass daily...i want it like loud to the point where u cant breath lol