PDA

View Full Version : how to get the most out of your trunk?

Twistid
04-27-2006, 10:58 PM
i currently have a 4.36 cube box for my 12" L7's and everyone tells me its not enough and i am really wanting more output from my L7's , the only thing though is this box almost takes up the whole trunk, first off the box is 2 seperate chambers with 2 seperate slot ports , so mayby if i built a new box and only used 1 port that would gain some extra space right? also im worried that if i went ahead and built a box i wouldent be able to angle it into my trunk even though it meets the space requirements ?

the trunk is a 89 buick century im thinking since its a GM car that its basically the same trunk as taurus's and other similar cars so if anyone knows the maximum box size that can be actually put into the trunk that would be helpfull :cool:

bonesninja
04-27-2006, 11:22 PM
the trunk is a 89 buick century im thinking since its a GM car that its basically the same trunk as taurus's and other similar cars so if anyone knows the maximum box size that can be actually put into the trunk that would be helpfull :cool:
taurus' are ford's......

but you may need to consider a build in to gain air space.

bustaplz
04-28-2006, 12:15 AM
Just fiberglass the whole trunk.

Twistid
04-28-2006, 10:16 AM
taurus' are ford's......

ford = gm :eyebrow:

yea i was kinda trying to avoid an in-car build or fiberglass my trunk cus this is just a beater car till i get me a SUV or something

swimfreak26
04-28-2006, 02:45 PM
You will gain very minimal space by doing a single chamber. In essense, you should double the individual chamber port area, and the port length comes out about the same (since you're doubling the volume)...so you really don't gain much there.

What are you tuned to right now? If you're tuned low, like 30Hz, you can add some volume by increasing tuning to ~35Hz, and you also will gain some output in the musical region with that tuning...though you'll lose a bit of the low end extension.

PhatTonyDeMarco
04-28-2006, 02:49 PM

yea i was kinda trying to avoid an in-car build or fiberglass my trunk cus this is just a beater car till i get me a SUV or something
Are you kidding?... Ford does not equal General Motors...

If you are not going to do an in-car build, or glass the trunk, then the only way to get the 'most' out of the trunk would be to make the biggest box that will fit.

That is a pretty obvious answer.

dkguitarist
04-28-2006, 02:51 PM
build one that will fit through the trunk opening as big as you can.

like my car has a small *** opening cuz of the gay curved trunk lip. but i have alot more room inside the trunk. just gay opening.

nVRuckus
04-28-2006, 04:04 PM

umm Chevy = GM :fyi:

Ford = Ford Motor Company

jujumantb
04-28-2006, 04:08 PM

no, you own a good car, thats why I own a buick, because its NOT Ford :)

James Bang
04-28-2006, 04:59 PM
build one that will fit through the trunk opening as big as you can.

like my car has a small *** opening cuz of the gay curved trunk lip. but i have alot more room inside the trunk. just gay opening.
stop sending weird subliminal messages :eyebrow:

well what I would do is make a fake box as big as you can that'll fit into your opening made out of cardboard and go w/ those maximum measurements

dkguitarist
04-28-2006, 05:00 PM
stop sending weird sumbliminal messages :eyebrow:

well what I would do is make a fake box as big as you can that'll fit into your opening made out of cardboard and go w/ those maximum measurements

are you jealous? :naughty: :yumyum: ;)

PepsiFiend69
04-28-2006, 05:51 PM
taurus' are ford's......

i can fit almost 9 cubes and stilll get it in and out of the trunk of my taurus

Old people cars FTW