PDA

View Full Version : So I was thinking at work...

joeldirt
04-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Today while cutting some panels on the striebig for a curved receptionist desk, I suddenly came up with an idea... I am building two 3 ft3 boxes.. one at 30 hz... and one at 38 hz. They are both for a single Immortal 12... one is ASISD12 which was the old school Immortal Subs which imo are better the other is an AWIS12P which is the new chrome flamed out basket type.... Any how I have designed the enclosures and am going to be cutting out the pieces on the striebig tomorow.... A striebig is a $25,000.00 panel saw which cuts both vertically and horizontaly on panels that are up to 7feet wide, and 15 ft long... This saw cuts within 1/1000th of a milimeter square.... Exactly exact..... So I began thinking about doing that as a service... Sending people perfectly perfect cut pieces of MDF from their own designs and specifications... No home depot guy who doesnt understand teh importance of true cuts to exact dimensions.... I figure for people with out a table saw would apreciate that... Also could make circle cut outs for ports, or subs with the jasper circle jig... I think alot of people would use that service if it were for a reasonable price. I am just not sure if it would actually be worth it... Does it seem like a good idea or a waste of time? looking forward to feedback.

Buckshot
04-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Heres the deal. Your going to spend $20 on a sheet of MDF. Your going to charge lets say .50$ for each cut. You have six pieces minimum with at least three cuts. $9 for cuts. Your up at 30 bucks as a buyer, not shipped. I think those guesses I gave are pretty generous, hence being pretty exspensive and one cutting wood themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, and really actually hope I can use it. It's gonna be all in the price factor here...

Good idea though.

Ingleside
04-27-2006, 08:26 PM
good idea... but how much does it cost to ship a complete sheet of MDF (cut up ofcourse)?

i guess it would be a lot less if you only sent out the panels that were needed to build the project.. but then you would have to come up with a way of charging per square foot or square inch... or something for the mateiral itself if the client only wants the panels needed to make their box.

Bolognablake
04-27-2006, 08:33 PM
FedEx would drop the panels on each corner...twice

joeldirt
04-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Heres the deal. Your going to spend $20 on a sheet of MDF. Your going to charge lets say .50$ for each cut. You have six pieces minimum with at least three cuts. $9 for cuts. Your up at 30 bucks as a buyer, not shipped. I think those guesses I gave are pretty generous, hence being pretty exspensive and one cutting wood themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, and really actually hope I can use it. It's gonna be all in the price factor here...

Good idea though.

True... However... I go through more MDF at work the it is even funny. We don't waste time or space with the scraps we don't use at work.. So we toss them... I am in forever suply of free MDF in thickensses from 1/4" to 1".... So I would simply save it from the trash and roll the savings allong to my customers... I would only charge $20.00 for my services... Straight profit to the bank...

oh yeah. as far as shipping goes... I would package it dumb *** delivery man proof of course... that is easy to protect the corners.

Also... I never use the factory edge of MDF. I alwaysd give my edges a crisp clean cut.

James Bang
04-27-2006, 08:45 PM
not a bad idea. but pricing will be weird. I believe there are people that just sends out panels so you can put the enclosure together. They even supply bracing. I think it was someone from CAF.

If I was your neighbor, you'll be my new best friend.

spitfirees20
04-27-2006, 08:46 PM
I want it now, how much?

joeldirt
04-27-2006, 08:49 PM
I want it now, how much?

**** I don't know... I was hoping you guys could help with some ideas so it would be beneficial to both consumer and me...

joeldirt
04-27-2006, 08:52 PM
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7779/scie20striebig6ov.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
here is the saw I use at work.

James Bang
04-27-2006, 09:11 PM
stupid fvcking home depot employee messed up one of my cuts.

photocrazy8
04-27-2006, 09:20 PM
If I was your neighbor, you'll be my new best friend.

x2 lol

joeldirt
04-27-2006, 09:56 PM
x2 lol

I figure alot of the builders from here would do the same thing if they had the same access to materials and the tool. I am sure I could find a way to make it work... what should I do? offer the service free of charge...???

vetkilr
04-27-2006, 10:01 PM
How much as I could use this service

photocrazy8
04-27-2006, 10:23 PM
i dont think you should do it for free, charge what you feel your time is worth for the cuts and the just add on shipping, so maybe $30 per set of cuts for a small to medium size box and $35 for a large one...

PhatTonyDeMarco
04-27-2006, 10:25 PM
Shipping is going to be a *****, for any decent sized box. But hell, I wouldnt mind paying ~$50 for some properly cut wood that all I had to do is screw n glue :D

photocrazy8
04-27-2006, 10:26 PM
Shipping is going to be a *****, for any decent sized box. But hell, I wouldnt mind paying ~$50 for some properly cut wood that all I had to do is screw n glue :D

same here, im getting good with a skill saw but wood cut with your saw would be a dream come true

vetkilr
04-27-2006, 10:27 PM
Exactly

PatFitz9
04-27-2006, 10:33 PM
the shipping is going to be the problem... aside from costing a lot, what happens when they F up the wood?

PhatTonyDeMarco
04-27-2006, 10:35 PM
the shipping is going to be the problem... aside from costing a lot, what happens when they F up the wood?
If he can package it properly, with some protection in each cornet, then i dont see a possibility of them damaging the pieces.

James Bang
04-27-2006, 10:36 PM
two interested already... you might be onto something. it'll be hard to ship it ups/fedex proof.

James Bang
04-27-2006, 10:38 PM
If he can package it properly, with some protection in each cornet, then i dont see a possibility of them damaging the pieces.
protect each corner if you want... I'm sure the shipping weight of the pieces will be 40lbs+ one drop and it's over, especially if it lands on a corner... w/ protection. but you never know, ups/fedex may ship w/ care ;)

vetkilr
04-27-2006, 10:39 PM
two interested already... you might be onto something. it'll be hard to ship it ups/fedex proof.
DHL seems to be a lil better with packages then the other 2

James Bang
04-27-2006, 10:41 PM
DHL seems to be a lil better with packages then the other 2
i've heard, but i've never dealt w/ DHL

all in all, I think this is a good idea

djman37
04-27-2006, 10:44 PM
I have a cabinet shop here do mine. $50 cash cut up to my specs, I use a cutlist program. I fax them the list and go pick up the wood the next day.
$50 for wood and cuts and I keep the drops. Expensive, but accurate. I have issues since my table saw only has a 21" fence. SOME boxes need wood in the no-man's land for a cheapy saw.

Nothing beats clean, square cuts.

joeldirt
04-27-2006, 10:48 PM
protect each corner if you want... I'm sure the shipping weight of the pieces will be 40lbs+ one drop and it's over, especially if it lands on a corner... w/ protection. but you never know, ups/fedex may ship w/ care ;)

No... your wrong... I can guarentee that nothing would happen to the edges of the pieces.... Trust me on that...
Hmm so I guess I could sell pre- cut boxes from Mo-lesters' plans that the buyer would have to assemble on ebay... Buy it now at like $65.00 Shipped starting bids at like $1.00 I already have 100% on ebay with 25 ppl... the mouse keeps on a runin... If any one is interested shoot me a pm I guess.

vetkilr
04-27-2006, 10:50 PM
No... your wrong... I can guarentee that nothing would happen to the edges of the pieces.... Trust me on that...
Hmm so I guess I could sell pre- cut boxes from Mo-lesters' plans that the buyer would have to assemble on ebay... Buy it now at like $65.00 Shipped starting bids at like $1.00 I already have 100% on ebay with 25 ppl... the mouce keeps on a runin... If any one is interested shoot me a pm I guess.
Get a cut sheet program
then we can just show u the plans and u cut it;)

joeldirt
04-27-2006, 10:50 PM
I have a cabinet shop here do mine. $50 cash cut up to my specs, I use a cutlist program. I fax them the list and go pick up the wood the next day.
$50 for wood and cuts and I keep the drops. Expensive, but accurate. I have issues since my table saw only has a 21" fence. SOME boxes need wood in the no-man's land for a cheapy saw.

Nothing beats clean, square cuts.

That actually sounds reasonable to me... Considering the employee who is running the saw makes anywhere between $8.50 and 35-50 bucks per hour, plus you get material and drops which is a good thing.. I was thinking though that I could also cut the hole cut outs for the subs and ports (if they used aero ports) also could round over edges of slot ports on the face piece.

req
04-27-2006, 11:06 PM
sounds like an awesome buisness, there are always college students who want cutsom boxes but cant afford tools and dont have a large place to work.

lets say it costed $50 tops after shipping, i bet lots of people would be on it. specially if you got somone to make the designs per-speaker basis for them included.

cutting speaker holes and rounding corners is also a great idea too, even if its an extra $5

ssj2xxgotenxx
04-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Home Depot needs one of those things.

djman37
04-27-2006, 11:48 PM
That actually sounds reasonable to me... Considering the employee who is running the saw makes anywhere between $8.50 and 35-50 bucks per hour, plus you get material and drops which is a good thing.. I was thinking though that I could also cut the hole cut outs for the subs and ports (if they used aero ports) also could round over edges of slot ports on the face piece.

I forget what they called the router at the shop. It is accurate to .001 of an inch. You just tell them where you want the cutout. The drawback was the $15 a hole and I found out they were UNDERCHARGING ME. I just use a jasper jig now.:crap:

req
04-28-2006, 12:04 AM
oh by the way, next time you start a thread, make sure the topic of the thread is relavant to the conversation so that people actually know what the thread is about.

usually helps get people to look at your threads.

joeldirt
04-28-2006, 12:10 AM
I forget what they called the router at the shop. It is accurate to .001 of an inch. You just tell them where you want the cutout. The drawback was the $15 a hole and I found out they were UNDERCHARGING ME. I just use a jasper jig now.:crap:

they probably do it on a CNC router.. Its computer operated and alls they have to do is load the dimensions into the computer for one full sheet and then it lays it out in an optimum layout to minimize waste then it goes to town could have a perfect set of cuts in less then five minutes. literaly. The machine we have at work is about $150,000.00 But it allows us to build our curved studd walls for intricate Desks, walls, and countertops.

joeldirt
04-28-2006, 12:12 AM
oh by the way, next time you start a thread, make sure the topic of the thread is relavant to the conversation so that people actually know what the thread is about.

usually helps get people to look at your threads.

I'll remember that....

So while I was at the gym, I was thinking why not provide terminal cups (though i don't use them my self) Speaker cable, Carpet, carbon fiber, glue, screws, caulking.... etc etc... All as an option so people could make one stop shopping for Speaker box buildign specific... IF I was able to get my whole sale ;icense I could pass the savings on to my customers.. After all it would be just for a side income... They don't give a **** about the waste wood obviously we go through a huge bin full each week.. Granted alot of the MDF is laid up with laminate, but not all of it.. SOmetimes it is harder to find raw pieces then others.. Some times it is nothing but Raw MDF.. It fluctuates.

terry6405
04-28-2006, 09:44 AM
i would pay $50 for perfect cuts on a pretty big box IF if was 1" mdf

but id rather save my money if if was only 3/4"

just what i think

and you can get stuff pretty cheap on partsexpress.com for box stuff, even aeros ;)

vetkilr
04-28-2006, 09:51 AM
I think 50 is reasonable cause shippin is included along with the wood,hell thats a great deal IMO.

Do you have a cut sheet program,cause I might have a couple of boxs Ill want this service for.

dkguitarist
04-28-2006, 10:24 AM
hell yeah i'd be up for that as well. i have 2 box plans i need done right now..just no time nor money.

also, dhl is actually cheaper IN MOST CASES than ups/fedex. and quicker, and they handle packages alot better. used them 3 or 4 times now. not counting how many packages i've had come thru them. :naughty:

this would be a great service..

joeldirt
04-28-2006, 11:27 AM
hell yeah i'd be up for that as well. i have 2 box plans i need done right now..just no time nor money.

also, dhl is actually cheaper IN MOST CASES than ups/fedex. and quicker, and they handle packages alot better. used them 3 or 4 times now. not counting how many packages i've had come thru them. :naughty:

this would be a great service..

Well, I have one person pm me.. We are going to give it a go. We'll see the efficiency of it and evaluate it based on reat time experience doing it... See if it really is as good as it soundss. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

vetkilr
04-28-2006, 11:34 AM
ygpm

joeldirt
04-28-2006, 04:27 PM
I wonder if car audio shops would be able to benefit from the same sort of service? Not every shop is a West Coast Customs, or a Unique Whips.... Allot of places do not offer custom built boxes, because they don't have enough shop space for a table saw set up, work tables, etc... I wonder if they would jump on the oportunity to be put in a possition to offer their own custom built boxes for a much more profitable rate. I am sure I could actually construct the enclosures for them... even finish it for them any way they want... That would basically be a free lance box builder for all of the local car audio places... Once they realize how much money they can make by sourcing out to someone like me to do it all for them, i am sure it would be the muchn more efficient way of doing business for them. Especially when they know the product is dead nuts on every time and built propperly and with professional looks. It may be in stiff competition for those cheap *** pre fab boxes since they are so frickin cheap... But they would know the difference in quality and value by going with mine...

dkguitarist
05-01-2006, 12:14 PM
i think alot of shops would rather charge thier rates for a box build to make the most profit..

btw, how's this working out for ya? i have 2 designs i need made..just lmk please.

joeldirt
05-03-2006, 12:07 AM
i think alot of shops would rather charge thier rates for a box build to make the most profit..

btw, how's this working out for ya? i have 2 designs i need made..just lmk please.

honestly it is going kind of slow at the moment... Not enough Scrap MDF for me to take advantage at the very moment... But other then that... It is going well.... Like I said in a PM... I am basically selling convenience to my customers... My service is simply convenience... Home depot works too, but my goal with this is to provide customers with worry free perfection. Every time.

dkguitarist
05-03-2006, 09:30 AM
honestly it is going kind of slow at the moment... Not enough Scrap MDF for me to take advantage at the very moment... But other then that... It is going well.... Like I said in a PM... I am basically selling convenience to my customers... My service is simply convenience... Home depot works too, but my goal with this is to provide customers with worry free perfection. Every time.

well keep us posted as to when you have more mdf available. when i get the money, expect a pm or 2 from me in the near future..convenience is a GREAT thing for someone like me. and knowing the cuts will be perfect every time. :D

joeldirt
05-04-2006, 07:43 PM
well, got one done, but the kid ended up just going to home depot... makin a couple for Pat, but still waiting for a bit more useable MDF... I am thinking about asking the company owner if I can just buy the MDF from him at his whole sale price... Next time he orders MDF, order a few extra sheets for me, so I can have some useable inventory... I think he gets it for like 12 bucks a sheet. Just not sure if he would do that for me.

Pieces are cut to perfection though, and it looks like when i get more material... Hell, I think I'll just start buying it... I will be able to do it on a daily basis. Which would be cool.

vetkilr
05-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Well that *****............HomeDepot FTL

prochobo
05-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Wow, great idea, but shipping would KILL you wouldn't it? Anyways, I'm going to need some peices cut in the near future for a box and I don't trust Home Depot.

joeldirt
05-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Wow, great idea, but shipping would KILL you wouldn't it? Anyways, I'm going to need some peices cut in the near future for a box and I don't trust Home Depot.

Actually DHL is quite reasonable... SO I have discovered since this thread. Between parts, labor and shipping, typically $50.00-$120.00 (depending on how big the box is, how heavy it is, and how many angled cuts, holes cut, or edges rounded)would be all that you would need to have your own specific design cut perfectly square, with true angles, with port edges rounded over, sub hole cut outs, or round port hole cut outs... Is that a big price to pay for someone that loves to design and build, but lacks the necessary resources to get perfection, when they really want/ or need perfection? It is like hiring someone to do your dirty work... You design it, you put it all together... Then you finish it how ever you want.... The service is Quality Convenience to the standard you not only expect, but that you hope for, at a very reasonable price. After the first one I bet allot of people would be hooked.

Fast1one
05-04-2006, 11:22 PM
That price isnt bad at all...especially since the edges wil be rounded over and everything...so that price range is with sub cut outs and everything? Hell that would be awesome....Im awaiting on a design, ill PM you with it ASAP and see if we can work something out :D

joeldirt
05-05-2006, 12:12 AM
http://www.tmpartnership.co.uk/downloads/STANDARD.pdf

just incase anyone wonders what the striebig is looks like, it's features, or specs.... there it is. That is self explanation of what I can do... for you..... :up2somet:

James Bang
05-05-2006, 02:00 AM
http://www.tmpartnership.co.uk/downloads/STANDARD.pdf

just incase anyone wonders what the striebig is looks like, it's features, or specs.... there it is. That is self explanation of what I can do... for you..... :up2somet:
:drool:

dkguitarist
05-05-2006, 09:12 AM
also are you gonna post pics of some of the cuts, etc?

Fast1one
05-05-2006, 06:22 PM
^^^Good idea

joeldirt
05-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Well I would be posting all kinds of pics on this forum if I had a camera... I don't own one my-self... It is the one thing I need extremely badly... It is a tool it's self.. One of the most valuable I could have... after all a picture is worth a million words... I'll have some of the guys I am doing this for so far do it... That way people can see what the package looks like when it arives, how it is packed... the cuts and a close up of the tape measurement, and of the rounded over edges. etc.

I'll get a camera soon. Got some other priorities at the moment, but will get it soon.

hofulstrof
05-05-2006, 09:09 PM
no matter now expencive the saw or how square it can cut. it all comes now to the smart the person is thats operating the saw is...... btw nice saw looks a bit fancyer than one i use

joeldirt
05-05-2006, 09:30 PM
no matter now expencive the saw or how square it can cut. it all comes now to the smart the person is thats operating the saw is...... btw nice saw looks a bit fancyer than one i use

well. I build high end architectual cabinets for libraries, banks, court houses and schools...Basically allot of curved wall attendance desks, allot of compound mitered cuts, allot of radius type work. I work in a shop that is required to build stuff with perfect, or close to perfect joints, dimensions, and you know.... if you work in a place like I work... you basiaclly need to have 10 years plus experience.... I am sure I can handle ANYTHING ANYONE asks for as far as this goes... This aint no home depot, and I aint some two pump chump with a GED and a home depot name tag... Thanks for the reply though. That was fun. But dude... I don't know of any saw that can out do this one... It is simply amazing... A cut list for a single box takes me ten minutes max.

LeofromtheH
05-07-2006, 12:02 AM
that idea is amazing. keep us posted on its goings on, i'm sure you'll get plenty of customers; good luck.

Buckshot
05-07-2006, 01:41 AM
That price isnt bad at all...especially since the edges wil be rounded over and everything...so that price range is with sub cut outs and everything? Hell that would be awesome....Im awaiting on a design, ill PM you with it ASAP and see if we can work something out :D

Have you ever tryed running a pilot bit through a steel pipe? It wouldn't be smart on his part to round anything but the opening to the port if someone wants to screw their box together. It wouldn't be impossible by any means, but the fact is it would be a pain...

joeldirt
05-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Have you ever tryed running a pilot bit through a steel pipe? It wouldn't be smart on his part to round anything but the opening to the port if someone wants to screw their box together. It wouldn't be impossible by any means, but the fact is it would be a pain...

I am not sure if I understand what you mean with that response?

Also, I am thinking about this seriously... Which means I will get a digital camera, and possibly even do a website where designers can post their designs and get a commission on each sale they generate..... My creative juices have been flowing, and I think it would be in my best interest to say F*** the scraps from work... Get my wholesale license to buy MDF my-self at whole sale.... I can lease the striebig and shop space. The designs would have to be unique.... If Moe Lester would be interested, I would do that for him if I could use all of his basic designs that he has on the sticky thread.... That would give me a good selection for people to choose from.... After designers.... screw it...... here is my idea on the kick back for designers....

DESIGNERS... Attention.......

Designer kick backs…..
If a customer comes to me with a design that I think is worthy to go in “The Vault”, I will offer them full right profit sharing. By letting me maintain records of the cut list and design. Market the enclosure with a name and brief set of specs with the pictures. Each with the designers own signature next to it. Each time some one wants to search my data base of boxes a designer could have the potential of earning a 2% commission on the sale of the box. Each sale earned from a design that came out of “The Vault” gives the designer a 2% Commission… I am the one who approves the designs worthy to go in the vault… If I were you, as a designer, I would be all over it…. Easy money if you are good. So a box that sells for $35.00, the designer would get $7.00…… That is each time the box sells... Have multiple designs, and multiply your earning possibilities. And if a designer is really popular, and people are always buying their boxes, I can select a “designer of the month” page, and a “Designer of the Quarter” page, that gives own right to the designer free advertising and credentials… This would also have all of the enclosures you build listed so it markets the designs all on the same page as the designer. What an opportunity to have instant recognition and respect! Eventually the site box data base would be so broad, and so full of designs, every person wanting a bad *** enclosure could come to my site and order exactly what they want for the exact set up they want. Which makes shopping for boxes this way much much more affordable, when you think about quality vs. cost.…? If you think about it, you are buying for price, for quality, and for exactly what you would expect a “Quality” enclosure to be.

squeak12
05-07-2006, 10:36 PM
.70 is 2% of 35.00. 7.00 is 20% of 35.00

Fast1one
05-07-2006, 10:36 PM
^^^Whoa.....your really getting serious about this, you could totally revolutionize the way we get our materials cut....I say if you have the money to start a small buisness, GO FOR IT.....you would make a huge amount of profit....

squeak12
05-07-2006, 10:41 PM
And by running a pilot bit through a steel pipe, he was comparing that to running a screw through where the wood has been rounded over. It could be rounded but if it was more than .375" deep, you would be scewing into and un even surface unless you had a drill press and could countersink at a perfect 90* angle.

joeldirt
05-07-2006, 11:05 PM
.70 is 2% of 35.00. 7.00 is 20% of 35.00

my bad.... I would guess 10% would be sufficient? So the amount a designer could possibly make is determined by the amount of designs he/she posts' up... Also, it could also be effected by how much the designer drove his business to the site. If the designer has multiple designs, and the designs are popular, I would make a separate page for that designer with his/her designs. It would then essentially be a small business in a sense for the designer... Once the design is submitted, it is up for use... no dimensions are released of course, just the drawings/ pictures/ specs... So the design is sold time after time after time... The business doe not necessarily have to only provide cut pieces, but can provide designs only over pdf email, for a predetermined rate given by the designer... Allot of this business' success is determined by the success of the designers in other words, and for that, is why I would give the designers incentives like I had mentioned. And as far as drilling a pilot hole into a rounded corner.... there are other methods of joining pieces of wood that I could provide the customer.... like a pocket hole from the other piece, rather then joining it the way he had in mind... for those who do not know what a pocket hole is.... it looks like this....http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/3655/beveledcorner9md.gif (http://imageshack.us)

joeldirt
05-08-2006, 02:01 AM
what if a subscription could be available to designer/ builders that makes it available for them to view full plans with dimensions of every design on the website... That way they can go to the site at anytime during their active subscription and get plans to build right at their finger tips... If that was an idea to add onto the business as a whole, what would everyone else think about having access to a huge data base of designs for a monthly fee? a data base that is constantly growing and that is all acredited to each and every individual designer? where the subscription would probably be made back from commission? where the designers can get their commission payments thru paypal, where the payments are paid out every month. Are there any builders out there that could benefit from "overflow" business? That I could refer customers wanting complete built boxes to you when I am too busy, or can't get to it soon enough? I look at it like one big comunity of box designers, and builders who all share ideas and techniques on a bulletin board set up on the site. too many ideas cramming into a web based business... I may be going over the deep end, developing this idea... but imo it could be really beneficial to allot of people.

prochobo
05-08-2006, 09:37 PM
what if a subscription could be available to designer/ builders that makes it available for them to view full plans with dimensions of every design on the website... That way they can go to the site at anytime during their active subscription and get plans to build right at their finger tips... If that was an idea to add onto the business as a whole, what would everyone else think about having access to a huge data base of designs for a monthly fee? a data base that is constantly growing and that is all acredited to each and every individual designer? where the subscription would probably be made back from commission? where the designers can get their commission payments thru paypal, where the payments are paid out every month. Are there any builders out there that could benefit from "overflow" business? That I could refer customers wanting complete built boxes to you when I am too busy, or can't get to it soon enough? I look at it like one big comunity of box designers, and builders who all share ideas and techniques on a bulletin board set up on the site. too many ideas cramming into a web based business... I may be going over the deep end, developing this idea... but imo it could be really beneficial to allot of people.

^^ Good stuff man. I'm just as enthusiastic as you are.

joeldirt
05-10-2006, 01:21 AM
well the first subjects are about to be sent out for the initial test run... We'll see how they are pleased... Results will be posted here... At $2.00 per board ft. it seems to maintain a margin to where each design can be cut and shipped to the builder who can then turn arround and assemble it/ carpet it within atleast two hours max and make a profit of aproximately $50.00 per average ported box... (Or save $50.00 instead of having one built by a pro to get the same results... or better... also you have theluxury of using your own design...

if you take each piece and calculate it by thicknes x width x length then devide by 144 you get the bd ft. then multiply that by $2.00 and that is the price of the box.. Oh yeah also $1.00 per hole cut out. and $.50 per edge rounded over. then it is only up to shipping. DHL is really reasonable.

the costs behind this operation is... wear and tear on router bits/ saw blades/ entire tool.... material.... shipping materials.... labor..... and every other expense that is involved with just running a business... i.e. taxes, insurance, shop rent etc etc.... after it is all said and done, it is much reasonable, and verry verry convenient... Especially thru paypal.

joeldirt
05-14-2006, 04:45 AM
one is done and going to be sent out monday... I took the pics tonight will post them tomorow night.

PV Audio
05-14-2006, 02:45 PM
I am all for it. If it goes through (haven't read thread), I'd be willing to buy from you.

joeldirt
05-14-2006, 04:50 PM

Good idea though.

Well, I don't think that you can see the forest through all the trees in this case. Because I can tell you are focussing more on cheap prices rather then quality product.... Where do you actually get that these days? Really? I am not soliciting the highest quality cuts and material for an arm and a leg, but I am also not charging .50 per cut. YOu would only get what you pay for. I am talking about purchasing my own CNC router that would bust out your entire design out of an entire sheet of MDF in just five minutes with PERFECT results.... I also found a compact striebig for $16,000 that would allow me to deal with my scraps and left overs so that I can use them effectively as useable parts for designs... The designs can be boxes, ported, sealed, bandpass, folded horn, it can be amp racks, it can be subwoofer baffle rings.... it could be what ever you want... only a desing? fine buy the design for 5 bucks... if you want some rings... buy them for $10 per set of two maybe 13 bucks for a set of three.. Square ones for solobarics.... round ones with flush mount rings rounded over for 10 bucks per piece... put a ring of acrylic plastic sand blasted inbetween the flush mount ring and the flange ring and throw in some LED's to illuminate arround the sub.. do the same for amp racks... If you can think it I will be able to cut it out perfectly for you for a very very reasonable cost... Where else can we get this that specializes in this and has stuff allready in the computer to tell the machine to pump out? Where else can you go that has a huge database of designs to choose from? Where else can you go that you can do business with, and get a kickback from the business that the company gets? If you submit your designs, you can get a 10% commission on each sale of the design of the entire cost... If it is a cut sale you would get about $2.00 to $7.00 per sale... To have the box completely built and finished, you could bank in at close to $20.00 every time one of your designs sells... Have enough on the site, and maximize your earning potential. There are places that can do the cuts, but this would be a place where people could go specifically for car audio information, tutorials, events, and product source links. Methods of wood working and aplying it to car audio techniques... YOu could go to the web site and get just exactly what you want ... and it can be sooo easy. I would want you to get all of the quality out of my product that you would ever want, while I am still able to get my equipment started on paying it's self off to make its money back time after time. It's called business, and I am ready to start taking this all on... I just landed an 800 sq ft. shop that is 25 feet tall inside, that I can build a loft for office space and storage... I have more then enough room to have my entire shop set up with storage space, shipping area, cnc router space, striebig space, MDF inventory space, work table space, clamping and finishing space.... I am getting completely set up to provide a revolutionary way to purchase subwoofer enclosures, designs, amp racks, rings... etc... etc.......

Imagine sitting in your living room and the door bell rings... Its the UPS Guy.. he has your box cuts... you bust open the box, take out and inspect your pieces get the glue, get the clamps and the drill, and screws... You assemble while you watch the sapranos, that night you mount your woofers in the box and install it in your ride... YOu are now bumpin your subs in the box you designed and built your self.. Complete DIY service for car audio....

All suggestions welcome.

Designers... hit me up, we'll discuss options and ideas.

Spkrman
05-14-2006, 07:32 PM
In order to really make it work you will have to seriously move some product... it may be feasable, who knows.