PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here do fiberglass enclosures?

audionewb
04-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Does anyone here do custom enclosures?

swimfreak26
04-27-2006, 03:13 PM
There are a few individuals that know how, not sure if they do it for hire though.

Try talking to req, ramos (glass god), buckshot, UnderCoverPunk (I think), there are a few more, but I'm forgetting names right now. Those guys are a good place to start though.

guy022077
04-27-2006, 03:27 PM
for what type of car/truck? i do.

PowerNaudio
04-27-2006, 04:16 PM
i do as well, but shipping to NYC is going to be a *****.

crazy4ozs
04-27-2006, 04:19 PM
e-mail ionsql@yahoo.com...he does them really nice adn for preety cheap to ;)

ramos
04-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Nope never touch the stuff, makes me itch :)

danteBirosel
04-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Does anyone here do custom enclosures?

u will love this forum:

http://fiberglassforums.com/index.php

audionewb
04-27-2006, 09:10 PM
i have a '90 Mercedes 300 SE. I will check that other forum. I am checking my options. I might go with a standard enclosure, but the idea of a stealth fiberglass one in my trunk intrigues me.

dbornotdb
04-27-2006, 09:56 PM
I know this one guy...whats his name....hmmmmmmm

<<----------------------------------------

audionewb
04-28-2006, 07:32 AM

your site doesnt work

ramos
04-28-2006, 08:02 AM

I wouldn't trust this guy :p: If he does it, it will make you want to stare at your trunk all day, and wonder how he did it :D :)

dbornotdb
04-28-2006, 08:32 AM
your site doesnt work

Yeah. I am having it redone. With flash intro's and all that cool stuff.
Takes alot longer than I thought or I would have left the old one up.
Try me on AIM or email me at evilempire43@earthlink.net or PM me.

I wouldn't trust this guy :p: If he does it, it will make you want to stare at your trunk all day, and wonder how he did it :D :)

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_7_10.gif

audionewb
04-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Will do

vetkilr
04-28-2006, 11:30 AM

Done anything cool for 2 12's in a 04 Mustang Cobra trunk???:D

Im in Brandon FYI

nVRuckus
04-28-2006, 11:34 AM

its the designer not the site ;) I have done 4 sites in the time he has been working on yours LOL.

^ does good work BTW. I do glassing too but wouldnt be interested in shipping to NYC at this time, have like 3 -4 project pending (4 once i get dante's kicks)

vetkilr
04-28-2006, 11:40 AM
What do they run Price wise usually for a 2 12's

nVRuckus
04-28-2006, 11:45 AM
What do they run Price wise usually for a 2 12's
totally depends on location of shipper and buyer, ported or sealed, design, etc. looking at probably $160+ shipping and up from most fiberglassers.

depending on what your looking for.

Im gonna sell of my old box that i used for my memphis subs for like $100 shipped but thats cause its a used box and not totally glassed. but its a 2 12" ported to like 40 hz with 2 4" flared ports.

vetkilr
04-28-2006, 12:00 PM
totally depends on location of shipper and buyer, ported or sealed, design, etc. looking at probably $160+ shipping and up from most fiberglassers.

depending on what your looking for.

Im gonna sell of my old box that i used for my memphis subs for like $100 shipped but thats cause its a used box and not totally glassed. but its a 2 12" ported to like 40 hz with 2 4" flared ports.
Thats not a Bad price.

Do you need the car to do it??
How long would it take

IamDeMan
04-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Does anyone here do custom enclosures?NO. Now go away and don't try the search function, because it is broken.

audionewb
04-28-2006, 12:29 PM
I did use the search funtion. If you don't like my question don't partake in the thread. You are a complete waste.

NhustlaR
04-28-2006, 12:39 PM
if you want any type of "stealth" enclosure you will need the car. as for a regular box, you just need a couple measurments

dbornotdb
04-28-2006, 12:47 PM
If anyone wants to contact me on AIM, it is best to try after 10pm weeknights. I am usually on till the wee hours. If youdon't see me signed in, try anyway. Sometimes I have stealth mode on, lol.

Ruckus, I talked to rza about doing my site and he said it was more intricate than he wanted to do. Interested??

nVRuckus
04-28-2006, 12:51 PM
Thats not a Bad price.

Do you need the car to do it??
How long would it take
unless youre doing a form fit like a panel contour then no car is needed just measurements. and like i said it depends on the design, more curves usually means longer sanding time and more cost in the end. a fiberglass box can take anywhere from 1 week to 1 month depending on the sanding time and stuff.

nVRuckus
04-28-2006, 12:53 PM
If anyone wants to contact me on AIM, it is best to try after 10pm weeknights. I am usually on till the wee hours. If youdon't see me signed in, try anyway. Sometimes I have stealth mode on, lol.

Ruckus, I talked to rza about doing my site and he said it was more intricate than he wanted to do. Interested??

guess it depends on what you need, but I do have a flash guy on staff for my company. didnt you already have some deal worked out with your current guy for fiberglassing work or something though? Flash would be going through MiamiTechs (my company) so I wouldnt be able to trade on it, but hit me up with what you want and I will talk to my flash guy to get you pricing.

I know you dont need hosting since you are gonna be hosted with us anyways :D

IamDeMan
04-28-2006, 12:54 PM
I did use the search funtion. If you don't like my question don't partake in the thread. You are a complete waste.I was just messing with you n00b, I'll keep it in mind that you took it so well.

dbornotdb
04-28-2006, 01:49 PM
guess it depends on what you need, but I do have a flash guy on staff for my company. didnt you already have some deal worked out with your current guy for fiberglassing work or something though? Flash would be going through MiamiTechs (my company) so I wouldnt be able to trade on it, but hit me up with what you want and I will talk to my flash guy to get you pricing.

Flash is being taken care of by another guy. Not my original web designer. Who by the way has disappeared again.:furious:

I know you dont need hosting since you are gonna be hosted with us anyways :D

That is correct. But I might do an upgrade if needed. Depends on how big I go. I'm gonna start doing video logs instead of pic logs of installs.:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

joeldirt
04-28-2006, 02:21 PM
Done anything cool for 2 12's in a 04 Mustang Cobra trunk???:D

Im in Brandon FYI

I have done one for three tens fiberglassed with matching amp rack... Mustangs are fun, and moderately challenging with space/design... I like those kinds of projects... BMW's are allot of fun too.

nVRuckus
04-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Flash is being taken care of by another guy. Not my original web designer. Who by the way has disappeared again.:furious:

That is correct. But I might do an upgrade if needed. Depends on how big I go. I'm gonna start doing video logs instead of pic logs of installs.:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
so what were you interested in me doing? as for the hosting just let me or Rza know. either one of us can set it up.