PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With My Amp Rack

mclassic
04-26-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm making an amp rack that will sit vertically in the trunk of my 2004 Acura TL. I will be using a JL Audio e1400D and e6450 as part of my setup.

In my rack, I have allocated 32 inches of space to accommodate both amps side by side. The e6450 is 6 inches larger in width at 17.8 inches, while the e1400 is 11.8 inches.

My plan is to create a window panel made of smoked plexiglass. My plan is to create a silhouette effect through a combination of the smoked plexi and lighting inside of the rack.

I have a couple of problems. Because of the difference in width between the two amps, I don't know how to go about creating a real center point behind the smoked plexiglass that will make everything look centered (horizontally) on the rack. I also want to avoid creating a dark space between the two amps because I will need to hide the wires that run between them.

Here is a picture of my rack while still being fabricated. I have drawn some mock-ups on top of the panel that give an indication of where dark areas might show and how the amps will look when lit up.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mwycheis/ef438377.jpg

The vertical line running from top to bottom is the center point.

- Starting from the left, the narrow rectangle covers the left edge of the amp. The first square centers the amp in the window.

- The second square is meant to cover the right edge of the e1400d, the gap and wires between the two amps, and the left edge of the e6450.

- The third square centers over the e6450. And, the right rectangle is meant to hide the right edge of the e6450.

- I hope this makes sense. I can post more pics later if necessary. Any suggestions are appreciated.