PDA

View Full Version : sub box design

unrated
04-26-2006, 01:19 AM
hey guys i have 2 12" audiobahn flame q subs and im ordering 1 more, and now im building a new box, but im not sure if i should port them sealed or slot port them...any ideas

second ive seen these mounted with magnets up, now if i do that do i seal the box or would i port that

tRiGgEr
04-26-2006, 10:31 AM
Ok ported is the same as slot ported. Notice they both have PORTED in them. I say port them. Most bahns sound like complete garbage sealed. Way to much mechanical noise for me.

And if you INVERT them, they can be sealed or ported. Again I recomend against this due to the mechanical noise present with most of the drivers I've come across.

Chevyaudio
04-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Best bet is to port them...they will sound like **** sealed

dkguitarist
04-26-2006, 10:54 AM
x2. sealed is crap. i heard a flame kompression driver in a sealed box. not that great. ported would be better. slot ported, aeroports, tunable ports, etc.

sealed=NO PORTS :fyi:

also, DO NOT invert them. too much of a "bling" factor. but if you have the room/desire then by all means do it.

3onDubs
04-26-2006, 12:36 PM
DO NOT get another audiobahn sub....i repeat...DO NOT get another audiobahn sub. You already messed up twice...don't do it thrice.