PDA

View Full Version : Interchangable Enclosure?

MAkahveli
04-24-2006, 12:33 AM
I found a nice bandpass alpine type S 10" subwoofer enclosure box on ebay local for only $10 and a perfect match for my trunk. the box is 13*x13'x26 1/2". The thing is that I have an Eclipse 10" Aluminum sw810? but anyways according to the enclosure calculators Ive used the enclosure measurements are what I would need for a sealed box. Now is it a bad idea to turn this bandpass box into a sealed enclosure? It has only one port and that would be where I would cut the hole for my sub. Or should I just try to run it bandpass?

MAkahveli
04-24-2006, 12:38 AM
I also wanted to know, does bandpass enclosure shorten the life of your sub, since your sub is working against trapped air?

Pyro_By_Nature
04-24-2006, 12:47 AM
Why not just buy a pre-fab on ebay for $30 shipped or so? Probably be the same quality :laugh:

springy101
04-24-2006, 12:52 AM
dont get that box, please why spend the money on a nice sub just to cheap out on the enclosure to have it sound like ***. a lot of people on here say its 10% equipment 90% install.

hofulstrof
04-24-2006, 12:56 AM
I also wanted to know, does bandpass enclosure shorten the life of your sub, since your sub is working against trapped air?
if this was the case then running subs in sealed boxes would also shorten the subs life.......

MAkahveli
04-24-2006, 03:10 AM
if this was the case then running subs in sealed boxes would also shorten the subs life.......
I was asking, not making a statement. What makes a subwoofer heat-up?

But anyways nobody answered my question, would this work if I converted the enclosure to sealed?--its already at the dimensions I need, it will be in my trunk and not for show.

req
04-24-2006, 03:15 AM
um dude, if you dont have the ability\tools\materials\money\time for a custom box for your sub, and this box is the correct size for it and you can modify it to a sealed box, go for it.

its $10

i say expierement. why not :)