PDA

View Full Version : whats the major differnce

undits
04-22-2006, 10:09 PM
i am thinking about going a sealed box for my two 12s in a single cab truck, i wanted to go ported but everyones saying it would be to much work to design.. and i dont have lots of room

will it still get loud with a sealed box?
will i hit the highs and lows good still?

hzsogood
04-22-2006, 10:10 PM
not as loud as ported
and no

undits
04-22-2006, 10:13 PM
so going sealed is pretty much pointless then.... i want a ported one.. but there isnt the room to port the box.... so i was goign to build a sealed box and slap prolly a few peices of 4'' PVC piping through the box so they act as a port..

would that be be wise?
would it at least be a step above a sealed?

hzsogood
04-22-2006, 10:14 PM
so going sealed is pretty much pointless then.... i want a ported one.. but there isnt the room to port the box.... so i was goign to build a sealed box and slap prolly a few peices of 4'' PVC piping through the box so they act as a port..

would that be be wise?
would it at least be a step above a sealed?

LMao
and no... ..

A well made sealed box will sound great... dont worry about it

undits
04-22-2006, 10:17 PM
haha thanks for the help man.. because i didnt want something that was just stupid...

someone was saying that if i build a bigger the average sealed box that it will still hit highs and lows relatively good

btw i like hitting low bass..... would a sealed do this??
and can sealed play lots of diff genres of music.. i mostly listen to rap, but would it be able to handle all types?

hzsogood
04-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Sealed boxes get low and sound tight .. Rap and heavy bass is usually a ported box but sealed will sound much cleaner .. hope this helped u , gd luck

undits
04-22-2006, 10:22 PM
alrite.. thanks for the help man.. it helped me decide alot..... now that i know that a sealed box will sound alrite....

is there that much diff in a ported then sealed when it comes to loudness.. becaue i have heard some sealed boxes get loud as hell, and some of which even beat out a ported

RandyJ
04-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Sealed boxes get low and sound tight .. Rap and heavy bass is usually a ported box but sealed will sound much cleaner .. hope this helped u , gd luck

Usually is the key word here.

Also, ported can sound just as clean as sealed, you just need to know what you're doing.

For the poster, go with the recommended sealed size until you learn some more about CA&E.

RandyJ
04-22-2006, 10:24 PM
alrite.. thanks for the help man.. it helped me decide alot..... now that i know that a sealed box will sound alrite....

is there that much diff in a ported then sealed when it comes to loudness.. becaue i have heard some sealed boxes get loud as hell, and some of which even beat out a ported

Yes, there can be. In a sealed enclosure, there will most always be a higher peak somewhere in the f response when compared to a sealed enclosure. There are many variables though that affect this. It's all in the build.

hzsogood
04-22-2006, 10:25 PM
I ve done a few ported boxes tuned higher that sound as tight as a sealed especially for rock and kick drums, so i no it's possible but he will be just as happy with rec. sealed like u said

undits
04-22-2006, 10:25 PM
i was planning on going with the specs of the subs to build the box.... should i go with recommended size, or maximum size??

sorry for all the questions... i just want to be sure of what i am doing

hzsogood
04-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Just go recommended, if you dont like that try a different box.. What subs are u running anyways

undits
04-22-2006, 10:31 PM
right now i am running two TS-W126DVC (premier), each has an 800w mono pioneer amp going to it