PDA

View Full Version : Best access routers

hzsogood
04-21-2006, 11:31 PM
I know most routers are basically the same, but i was just wondering if there is one that fits more than another , or has more accessability .. Hope that made sense. Right now i have bosches (i believe ) hi end plunge cost me about 300 bux after a nice set of bits .. http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1668756386.1145673076@ @@@&BV_EngineID=ccceaddhijedfdfcgelceffdfgidgkg.0&CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc/searchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+3966&pos=n24

I also have a roto zip, where as the new circle attachment on that actually works pretty good.. But anyways Can i get a link to the jasper jig to see if it will fit my plunge thanks

hofulstrof
04-22-2006, 12:52 AM
do a search man.
step one : google
step two : search "jasper circle jig" or something similar
step three : hit your head on the desk for asking such a stipid question...

here is my advise on routers make sure its a plunge you will thank me later. i have a makita 3612 router , been though alot of industrial abuse and keeps on kicking. it is very overkill for just doing subwoffer cutouts but still a great router.

for those who dont want to spend that much money. look into a "laminate trimmer / palm router "
the one i use is a porter cable http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000222Z6.01._PE49_SCMZZZZZZZ_.gif
they will do sub cutouts and are very handy to have around. they are alot easier to handel than a larger router but are still very powerful.

thats my tip of the day

hzsogood
04-22-2006, 01:38 AM
I'm allowed one dumb question per week:rolleyes:

hzsogood
04-22-2006, 01:40 AM
here is my advise on routers make sure its a plunge you will thank me later.

I already posted i had one... eh:)

hofulstrof
04-22-2006, 02:19 AM
hey im just trying to help. but a search would have revield the answer to you questions.your link does not direct us to a specific router so there is no way of knowing if the jasper jig will fit it.

hzsogood
04-22-2006, 02:47 AM
oh crap , sorry man.. yea i found the jig , i m a lil out of it i was up at 5:30 this morn, surgery at 8:30 and its now 1 , im all drugged up but cant fall asleep , so forgive my drugged arse

PowerNaudio
04-22-2006, 12:39 PM
i have a milwaukee 5615-29 router it has an adjusting knub for fine depth adjustments and with a click of a button you can plunge it to what ever depth you want, it has some feature to where the bits never get stuck in the router. which had happen before with a roby router i had. and it comes with diffrent size collets so you can change the type of bits you use.

my not be the best router out there but for the price is does everyting thats needed done right.