Post #2
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=657782

Two questions in my mind.

1. I wonder how many items I can delete from that list and still have the
same AV experience?

2. Of the remaining items, how many can be replaced with lower cost items
to still have the same experience?

:p: :crazy:

Look the mods or tweaks done to equipment.

hint: anything with the word Bybee is snake oil.

req
04-21-2006, 06:02 PM
i cant see any of the pictures and i dont know what any of that means :)

wee!

thylantyr
04-21-2006, 06:49 PM
First line;

AUDIO PROCESSING:

Theta Casablanca 3 surround processor (with 2 Xtreme DAC cards with 8 Xtreme balanced channels for five main speakers, and three discrete subwoofers for front left, front right and surround subwoofers). Tweaks: Symposium Rollerblocks, Symposium Ultra Platform, Bybee AC Charger Filter, Granite Audio 560 10 guage power cord, uses PS Audio P600#1 (used for non-video front end components) set at 60 Hz sine wave, and Bright StarLittle Rock 2 on top of four Symposium Cubes.

That one tweak is at least $300.
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0401/symposium.htm

Symposium Rollerblocks Series 2 equipment support system ($299 with standard chromium steel balls, add $75 for tungsten carbide balls upgrade). As seen above, there is a high-precision polished cup area for the ball to rest upon. The Rollerblock's body is constructed of a a one-piece "unibody" design so that the cup section is carved out then precision polished. The matrix of holes on the bottom also also cut out of this single solid block, later being filled the foam material. This arrangement of the holes acts to suspend the cup area over a series of parallel and irregularly shaped pillars, which in turn act as a "waveguide" to improve coupling efficiency with the surface it is resting on. With the platform and Rollerblocks used in concert you get a complete system of isolation plus coupling. A "draining" of chassis and also reduce the affects of air borne vibrations.

Expensive and esoteric item to place your 'source' on for isolation..... I use a $2 towel under my CD player, works great. :p:

req
04-21-2006, 07:25 PM
honestly i think all that crap is mumbojumbo that is not worth the money they used to build it.

jesus.

if anyone can CLAIM they can hear some minute difference with that **** ill laugh my balls off.