PDA

View Full Version : Can eclipse decks read mp3's off of memory stick..?

desertheat
04-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Such as the cd7000??? Or is it security only..??

ngsm13
04-19-2006, 11:23 PM
I believe so...

We just put one up on our display wall today... it's pretty ****...

The only thing I might replace my 9835 with... it's tempting...

nG

desertheat
04-19-2006, 11:29 PM
DOH! Just read it... it will only accept a 128mb stick and play atrac3 files whatever those are.... :(

Other than that, Will let ya know how she works jiz... She arrives Monday :)

ngsm13
04-19-2006, 11:36 PM
DOH! Just read it... it will only accept a 128mb stick and play atrac3 files whatever those are.... :(

Other than that, Will let ya know how she works jiz... She arrives Monday :)

Werd.

I toyed with it, but didn't get a true feel.

I'm the one who put it on display too...

Asked my boss if I could pull my truck in... install it for a sec and take a listen to see the real difference (We were SO slow today...)...BUT he still wouldn't let me :(...

I look forward to one of your fancy reviews ;)... like you did with the 9835 :)

nG

desertheat
04-19-2006, 11:55 PM
Cool. Some things that bother me about it after reading the specs on good old crunchfried.... Crossovers only run to 18db/oct and no steeper... also the peq does not have an adjustable q setting per band..? Makes you wonder what the crap the Q actually is on each band

iamamp3pimp
04-22-2006, 04:45 PM
atrac3 files are some Sony proprietary format that were used on the Mini disc recorders introduced a few years ago. stupid to include that in a deck imo

Beat_Dominator
04-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Cool. Some things that bother me about it after reading the specs on good old crunchfried.... Crossovers only run to 18db/oct and no steeper... also the peq does not have an adjustable q setting per band..? Makes you wonder what the crap the Q actually is on each band

If you go steeper than 18dB/oct. on an x-over phase errors get hard to correct and you also start to introduce freq. specific time errors. If the peq does not have adj. Q then that blows.... thats what a peq is all about!

aquafang
04-26-2006, 06:07 AM
I have an 8445 eclipse . Let me get this straight. It will only accept a 128 stick? And does it have to be a "MG"? And will it read MP3 files and play them?
Sorry, just want to get my facts straight before I buy a stick and card reader
Thanks

faulkton
04-26-2006, 11:09 AM
i wish i could use the mem stick to store the names of CDs i filled up the memory on my 8454 quick....wish i could add more ;(

tRiGgEr
04-26-2006, 11:12 AM
I have an 8445 eclipse . Let me get this straight. It will only accept a 128 stick? And does it have to be a "MG"? And will it read MP3 files and play them?
Sorry, just want to get my facts straight before I buy a stick and card reader
Thanks

IIRC only a 128 yes. And it will not read Mp3's. It must be a MG style card.

desertheat
04-26-2006, 11:13 AM
If you go steeper than 18dB/oct. on an x-over phase errors get hard to correct and you also start to introduce freq. specific time errors. If the peq does not have adj. Q then that blows.... thats what a peq is all about!

It has adjustable q now that I am playing with it. I just wanted the ability to run 24db/oct. I usually run 18db anyways as the tans between sub and midbass is usually better IMO... Anyways beat, the deck is installed, come check it out anytime this week. I work in Tempe. Loving it so far after I have learned how to use it.

azbass
04-26-2006, 11:16 AM
go to the special eclipse website. where im pretty shure you can download stuff, like the area shot. etc.