PDA

View Full Version : Car shakes like hell! Need help to reduce vibration!!

adrian868
04-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Well first to begin with, I am a newbie in the car audio department! And this is my first setup ever!
I have a '94 Nissan Sentra with 2 Pioneer 12"TSW305DVC in my trunk in a ported box. I am running my entire system of 1 Boss BL2000 amp (limited cash!) and I have 2 Pioneer 6x9 on my rear dash. My problem is that whenever I crank up a LITTLE, my rear dash vibrates like hell, and it sounds like crap!! My seats can fold down, and even when I do it, the dash still vibrates along with my entire trunk. I tried sealing my rear number plate with moutain tape, and that stopped vibrating for a while, but it started back now. I need some advice as to what I can use to seal my trunk, and as to what I can do to eliminate that irritating vibration of my rear dash!! It makes no sense to me to have music, yet can't play it! Thanks in advance!!

3onDubs
04-19-2006, 02:19 PM
There was this interesting invention a few years back...i believe it was called Dynamat.

Is this guy serious?

dkguitarist
04-19-2006, 02:20 PM
sescondskin damplifier.

raamat will work well also.

937DYTBOI
04-19-2006, 02:21 PM
sesconskin damplifier.

x2, but secondskin damplifier

revrider1
04-19-2006, 02:23 PM
Any of the above

ssj2xxgotenxx
04-19-2006, 02:24 PM
I tried sealing my rear number plate with moutain tape.

Number plate? It's called a License plate buddy.

adrian868
04-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Number plate? It's called a License plate buddy.

In the Caribbean, it is referred to as a number plate! Sorry for being in a different country!

mattmcss
04-19-2006, 02:30 PM
In the Caribbean, it is referred to as a number plate! Sorry for being in a different country!

you betta be mofo :furious:

ssj2xxgotenxx
04-19-2006, 02:32 PM

Oh my bad.... number plates actually sounds better any ways :D
Just use sound deadener, you have two options the mat version or the paint on version... The paint version is better for hard to reach places with awkward curvatures, but the mat version yeilds better results.

adrian868
04-19-2006, 02:32 PM
There was this interesting invention a few years back...i believe it was called Dynamat.

Is this guy serious?

Don't really need the sarcasm! I came here for help, I may look stupid by asking for it, but that is how people learn! Sheeesh!

adrian868
04-19-2006, 02:36 PM
sescondskin damplifier.

Where do I get these stuff?

goodstuff
04-19-2006, 02:38 PM

He said he was a noob, give him a break...

dkguitarist
04-19-2006, 02:39 PM
www.secondskinaudio.com

frenzy07
04-19-2006, 02:40 PM
you can prolly get it from a local store or just search in google dynamat

dkguitarist
04-19-2006, 02:42 PM
you can prolly get it from a local store or just search in google dynamat

people here will advise against dynamat. overly expensive. there's tons more cost-effective things out there.

secondskin is just that.

3onDubs
04-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Don't really need the sarcasm! I came here for help, I may look stupid by asking for it, but that is how people learn! Sheeesh!

I appologize. The reason why i assumed you should know that is because im a Noob myself, but i still knew that. But seriously, im sorry for assuming.

What others have advised is exactly what you should do. Make sure to be generous with the dound deadener (whichever one you end up using...and no, they're not all equal)....make sure to apply at least two layers to those areas that you know rattle the most. Also, be sure to dynamat around where your 6X9's mount to....i.e., take them out, dynamat underneath and behind where they mount to...then put them back. This will also give you better sound reproduction.

He said he was a noob, give him a break...

My bad...i missed that part (even though it was in the first line). It's just that when i post noob questions like that....i've always gotten attacked similarly, and i believe that it helped me by teaching me to search extensively before posting questions or face the wrath of.......other posters!

dkguitarist
04-19-2006, 03:38 PM
My bad...i missed that part (even though it was in the first line). It's just that when i post noob questions like that....i've always gotten attacked similarly, and i believe that it helped me by teaching me to search extensively before posting questions or face the wrath of.......other posters!

at least you're not asking a newbie question on mp3car.com.

they'd be flaming your *** hardcore and run your *** off. :crap:

/off topic

-Sin-
04-19-2006, 03:52 PM
second skin and carpet padding

adrian868
04-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Ok guys, I'll think I'll live with those responses (good & bad). I got enough advice to take it from here!