PDA

View Full Version : please help me

dbearcat
04-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Ok i need to know this for a fact before i spend more money. I have a 2002 ford mustang with the mach 460 and i was to replace the fatory head unit with a after market alpine. Well i was told that inorder for the head unit to work that i must replace the facory amplifier also. Is this true or falsed...please help me if you know any diffrent. Thank you so much for your help

Apollyon
04-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Just bypass the factory amp

XtrmAudioCncpts
04-19-2006, 12:37 PM
i think you need to by-pass the factory amp im not sure im glad my stang didnt have that stereo in it

dkguitarist
04-19-2006, 12:38 PM
that factory amp crap is bullshit. gheyness man. g/l.

NJAV1
04-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Bingo...bypass the factory amp as stated above, mine for instance was in the glove box area....

Dave

dbearcat
04-19-2006, 04:06 PM
ok i am not that smart with car electronics but what do you mean bypass the factory amp?

Wowimzz
04-19-2006, 04:09 PM
dont use it. disconnect it and forget that it was even there.

forbidden
04-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Not 100% accurate. Some of the newer systems use 1 or 2 ohm drivers, have built in crossovers and subwoofers as well. So if he is to bypass this amp without knowing what the balance of the system is and he may indeed have a 1 ohm driver set up, how long do you think his new Alpine headunit is going to last? What you need is a proper interface adaptor to allow the headunit to be used with the factory amp. One that may work for you is the Scosche SLC4. http://www.scosche.com/scosche_caraudio.aspx?CategoryID=36&ItemID=SLC4

You are also more than likely going to need a resistor to knock down the voltage on the remote on line so it does not pop. IIRC, the Ford Mach systems use a 6volt turn on to trigger the amp. A qualified shop in your area is your best bet to do this properly. If this shop is intent on selling you a new amp and speaker system, go to another shop and ask about integrating a new cd player into the factory system. One shop will give you the results that you need to have the job done properly.