PDA

View Full Version : Want to get into competing

NJack2AF
04-18-2006, 10:13 PM
Hey I would like to get into competing. The problem is, I have a trunk car and don't want to buy a hatchback or something, if I am going to compete I want to do it with my Lincoln.

I can take the back of my back seat out by undoing two bolts, which obviously makes it a ton louder. I got metered with my sealed 05 XXX for shits and giggles just on music and hit a 136.X a while back I'm not sure exactly, but then yesterday I took the back seat off and hit a 140.1 on a 36mafia song. Before I had kind of ruled out competing assuming I would have to buy a hatchback in order to compete, I love my car and don't want another 1. Now I think I may be able to do it IF I can take the seat out.

I did some reading and it seems that I cannot compete in dbdrag with my seat out if I read correctly... But then I read on the MECA sight that you can compete with the back seat folded down and sitting on the cushions like a fold-down even if u must unbolt it? Can some1 clarify this for me? I don't want to do an SPL setup in my car just to find out I have to leave my seats in and have it be less than half as loud...

dleccord
04-18-2006, 10:16 PM
i think unbolting is like taking out your seat:(

NJack2AF
04-18-2006, 10:37 PM
Grrr... does it vary with diff. orgs tho?

davidfre21
04-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Usaci allows it as long as the seat is able to go back up, as in the box or amp doesnt stop it from being bolted back on.

Build a wall?

dleccord
04-19-2006, 02:11 AM
what about taking out the rears and opening the backseat window(if you have one)?

NJack2AF
04-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Usaci allows it as long as the seat is able to go back up, as in the box or amp doesnt stop it from being bolted back on.

Build a wall?

Ya I can do that. Wall is out of the question right now tho... There is a metal brace in between the trunk at rear seats that I would really rather not take out... It's like a big X. I can put my seats back up easily tho, as a matter or fact they can snap in without even being bolted, I guess the bolts are just to really keep it in place. So I can compete in USACI only?

skeptikal
04-19-2006, 11:12 AM
my seat is the exact same way except for the big 'x' across it.

lets make a custom fold down bracket so that the seats can snap into place but still "fold" down.

NJack2AF
04-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Good idea man, I actually was thinking about that last night... I dont think it would work that well in my car with the way the cushions are tho... I'll show ya sometime.

Spkrman
05-06-2006, 06:06 AM
you can fold the seat down like that in MECA, and your in IN, there are quite a few meca shows in the area, just about anywhere in IN :)

MECA AS is your best bet anyway, nowhere else can you really be competitive with your equipment or vehicle.

Driveby might be strong too... either way, loud is loud in MECA... its not so vehicle dependant with all teh different formats.