PDA

View Full Version : New home theatre system

02GrandCherokee
04-18-2006, 04:55 PM
I just got my new house completed and I installed a home theatre system in it before all the sheet rock was put up. My system consist of a Infinity C25 center, 6 in ceiling infinity 100II?? speakers not sure on exact model # and a infinity PS10 Sub. My projector is made by Infocus. I was wondering what is the best way to tune the speakers, focus the projector, and adjust sharpness, color, contrast, ect ect. does anyone have a website with helpful information on this? I am very new to all this and have a ton to learn. Thanks for the help

joetama
04-18-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm sure someone will tell you the most technical way to tune a system, but it still comes down to what your ears like. So, with the sound stuff, just tune with your ears, (btw are you really using ceiling speakers?). Start out flat, then tune the high frequency, do the lows, then sort out the mid-range so it's not muddy with the lows back in.

What is the rest of your system (receiver, DVD, CD)?

The way I have focused projectors is to take and get a DVD with test patterns, then focus it the sharpest you can, color and contrast really shouldn't of changed since your last install. But, if it did, put on a movie or tv show you have seen a lot, and set them as clean as you can with out anything being over bearing in one color or in contrast.

02GrandCherokee
04-19-2006, 12:41 AM
I am using in ceing speakers except for the center channel and sub. My Dvd player is a sony with the progressive scan and optical out, then my other dvd play er is a older sony with optical out. The reciever is a 7 channel sony not the greatest but gets the job i need done. Where can I purchase the THX trailer at or download one?

Thanks

joetama
04-19-2006, 01:03 AM
Check with MCM electronics, some of the test disks they have will do audio and video stuff with DTS, and normal 5.1 surround.