PDA

View Full Version : what so good about the P880prs anyway?

trd_camry
04-18-2006, 05:38 AM
Just wondering because..ever since it first came out..people all over the forums are talking that its the best HU poineer ever make...

Black/White OEL screen..how dumb can that be..i rather have a P780 or P980 bluetooth rather then the 880prs. Colored screen is what i prefer..plus its easier to read.

i believe the 880prs should be beter then the eclipse cd5000 or the excelon X990.

another to mention is that the design of last year model DEH-P860MP is also look nicer then this model

dkguitarist
04-18-2006, 05:43 AM
it's not always about looks. it's about the functionality, and clarity/efficiency of the hu.

eclipse decks aren't the prettiest things in the box, but they're most highly regarded around here.

think about it.

function>form

camry_tuner
04-18-2006, 05:54 AM
it's not always about looks. it's about the functionality, and clarity/efficiency of the hu.

eclipse decks aren't the prettiest things in the box, but they're most highly regarded around here.

think about it.

function>form
x2

Jaredl
04-18-2006, 06:08 AM
The deck is meant for signal processing, not the minimal amount of bling that having a 2" color screen on your deck provides. And anyone who says that it's the best deck Pioneer has produced is ****ing clueless, the P9 for the American market will walk all over it and the Japanese ODR is even better. They are many times the price of the P880, though.

Edit - Oh yeah, my P9 (which costs more than any Pioneer nav system) doesnt have a color screen. I guess you'd rather have a P780 :rolleyes: .

Decipha
04-18-2006, 06:15 AM
its teh fukin werst dik ever... its ***** teh large kahuna

^^not accurate

bimma85
04-18-2006, 06:24 AM
I think the 880s are "booteafool" maybe "bootyfull" :D

dkguitarist
04-18-2006, 06:25 AM
I think the 880s are "booteafool" maybe "bootyfull" :D

i want some "booty"..:naughty:

zachzchw
04-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Just wondering because..ever since it first came out..people all over the forums are talking that its the best HU poineer ever make...

Black/White OEL screen..how dumb can that be..i rather have a P780 or P980 bluetooth rather then the 880prs. Colored screen is what i prefer..plus its easier to read.

i believe the 880prs should be beter then the eclipse cd5000 or the excelon X990.

another to mention is that the design of last year model DEH-P860MP is also look nicer then this model

Go with whatever suits your needs.
However, as was mentioned, most people on this board will tell you that performance is a better measuring stick than looks.
If not, Audiobahn would be the world's greatest audio company in existence...:rolleyes: :crazy: :crying:

Beat_Dominator
04-18-2006, 03:41 PM
I believe the 880 has the same DAC as the P9 as well. It's a no-frills SQ deck to keep the price down.

ramos
04-18-2006, 04:31 PM
Edit - Oh yeah, my P9 (which costs more than any Pioneer nav system) doesnt have a color screen. I guess you'd rather have a P780 :rolleyes: .

Blues a color man :)

Expy2K
04-18-2006, 04:32 PM
If not, Audiobahn would be the world's greatest audio company in existence...:rolleyes: :crazy: :crying:

They aren't?

By the way I was looking at the P880prs and DEX before I decided on the Jap. model line ups..

:)

zachzchw
04-18-2006, 05:58 PM
They aren't?

:)

Ive been told they arent.

Jaredl
04-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Yeah, the P880 and P9 both have Burr Brown DACs. I think the P880 has 1 DAC vs. 4 on the P9. You probably get 75-80% of the performance of the P9 from the P880 at 20% of the price.

A dual 16 band EQ and 3-way active crossover are amazing for $450, especially compared to the competition in the price range like the Alpine 9857 (which has no real merits other than the biolite screen, which isn't color either :crying: ).

Edit - And in terms of looks, I can't begin to fathom how the 780 or 980 could be considered better looking. I want to see the 880 in person, its pictures definitely look better than the P9's (but the P9 looks much better in person).

Colin+M
04-18-2006, 09:48 PM

Its not for you, you wouldn't understand.

Safe-N-Sound215
04-18-2006, 10:42 PM
i want some "booty"..:naughty:

x2, and 3, and 4:yumyum:

:patrioti:

Safe-N-Sound215
04-18-2006, 10:44 PM
the P980BT is good if your going for a flashy look and the P880PRS is good if your going for a clean look imo but they are both look good as far as head units go. me personally, i'm actually looking at getting the 880, but i'm very frugal:D , so what i'll most likely do is keep looking at it for about a month until can't take it anymore and just buy it. that's the way it is with most of the stuff i buy. you should of seen me when i bought the 4700

:patrioti:

hzsogood
04-18-2006, 11:43 PM
I was actually gonna post up about this HU as well.. The features look amazing and i was just wondering how it would be compared to eclipses hi end 8 volt from last yr... Looking at either one, just a few opinions now:)

Kickerkitty
04-19-2006, 09:04 AM

Ok you stupid munchkin.. your HU screen is NOT easier to read, name ONE contrasted color scheme that is easier to read than white on black.

Oh, just so you know, yes, I have an 880PRS.

It's obvious you don't because of the way you say stupid things so blatantly, let me provide an example:

"another to mention is that the design of last year model DEH-P860MP is also look nicer then this model"

Your butchered Ebonics aside, what is it you liked better? The black plastic face? The very rough 16 color or so display? Take a look at the brushed aluminum on the 880PRS and tell me the 860 looks better...

Why do you hate this deck so much, are you secretly envious? Are you a Pioneer hater and can't stand seeing a $400 deck with 80% the capability of the DEX-P9? Just give it up and buy one and you will see what it's all about. Whatever half-rate bullcrap HU you're running will seem like so much burnt toast once you get your hands on this thing. Just remember, having more colors on your deck's display doesn't make it SOUND better, it only makes it LOOK LESS CRAPTASTIC. Eat my shorts. Yours Truly.:eyebrow:

dkguitarist
04-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Ok you stupid munchkin.. your HU screen is NOT easier to read, name ONE contrasted color scheme that is easier to read than white on black.

It's obvious you don't because of the way you say stupid things so blatantly, let me provide an example:

"another to mention is that the design of last year model DEH-P860MP is also look nicer then this model"

Your butchered Ebonics aside, what is it you liked better? The black plastic face? The very rough 16 color or so display? Take a look at the brushed aluminum on the 880PRS and tell me the 860 looks better...

Why do you hate this deck so much, are you secretly envious? Are you a Pioneer hater and can't stand seeing a $400 deck with 80% the capability of the DEX-P9? Just give it up and buy one and you will see what it's all about. Whatever half-rate bullcrap HU you're running will seem like so much burnt toast once you get your hands on this thing. Just remember, having more colors on your deck's display doesn't make it SOUND better, it only makes it LOOK LESS CRAPTASTIC. Eat my shorts. Yours Truly.:eyebrow:

:handclap: :thankyou: :ohsnap:

hzsogood
04-19-2006, 09:47 PM

:ohsnap: :thumbupw:

aadadams
04-19-2006, 09:52 PM
I think the OP realized the error in is logic, and abandoned this thread.

Kickerkitty
04-20-2006, 09:57 AM
I think the OP realized the error in is logic, and abandoned this thread.

Hey aadadams, nice deck. :coolflas:

Hybrid90accord
04-20-2006, 10:18 AM
yeah i agree, some people can't understand that a pioneer radio can sound great, I bet if you had a DUAL or RAMPAGE radio and de-badged it and put eclipse on it , people would say that it was great and the sound quality is amazing!they think that if its not a Alpine or Eclipse that it can't sound good. Just like everytime I see a Pioneer radio vs, Alpine thread you will have like 12 alpine owner post a reply in second about how their radio is better cause they have an active crossover, etc. but have never owned a pioneer radio and come with the same B.S (well pioneer pre-out go out)I've owner kenwood, alipne, sony, pioner, and blaupuk radio and in my opinion pioneer has the right mix of looks, features/price sound quality.

aadadams
04-20-2006, 10:39 AM
A friend is an Alpine fanboy and he just could not believe I bought a Pioneer. He figured I would buy the inferior 9857 anyway because it is Alpine. With the release of 2006 headunits Alpine took the bragging rights from there fanboys. I buy what has the combination of features that suits me. Brand loyalty is plain stupid.

NJAV1
04-20-2006, 11:27 AM
I'll be honest I have a Pioneer deck but that isn't the reason why i 'm going to say that I'm a fan of the 880prs...I'll venture in saying that if I'm talking looks over function the fact that the 880 has the "clean" look does wonders for me, in some cases less is more..and it's sharp.

The irony of it all was when 6spdcoupe and I were discussing the other night how dancing dolphins do nothing for SQ...LOL LOL

chadillac3
04-20-2006, 11:58 AM
A friend is an Alpine fanboy and he just could not believe I bought a Pioneer. He figured I would buy the inferior 9857 anyway because it is Alpine. With the release of 2006 headunits Alpine took the bragging rights from there fanboys. I buy what has the combination of features that suits me. Brand loyalty is plain stupid.

But for those of us who want the best in tuning, Alpine is THE way to go now that Pio is dropping the P9 in the US. H701 and H990 are leagues above the 880prs ( a **** good deck, don't get me wrong) in terms of overall flexibility.

Cost a hair more, too. ;) I think Alpine realizes that while Bass Engine Pro is a great tool, it doesn't help them sell many decks, and for those of us who want the processing, get ready to spend mo money.

desertheat
04-20-2006, 12:09 PM
I am a die hard alpine fan but ordered in an eclipse this time around for the features and price fit the bill this time perfect. Will have to wait to get my w200 and h701 until a later date. As of right now the cd7000 feature wise for a single din deck rips everything else on the market that I know of except the ural.

aadadams
04-20-2006, 12:21 PM
The H701 and H990 are not headunits. Apples to Apples please. Because the truth of the matter is that any manufacturers headunit can be used with the H701. As you inferred the Pioneer is a better headunit than what Alpine is offering now. Let me add that I will buy a double DIN soon, and the W200/H701/NAV(BB or DVD), AVN6600, and the AVIC-Z1 are on my short list.

Hybrid90accord
04-20-2006, 12:23 PM
You gotta compare price also people, comparing a $400 radio to a $700+ radio is crazy....hmmmm it like comparing a kia to a lexus. for the most part the more you spend the more features etc you will get. Dollar for dollar the 880is sick plain and simple.

aadadams
04-20-2006, 12:24 PM
True, true, and true.

chadillac3
04-20-2006, 12:49 PM
The H701 and H990 are not headunits. Apples to Apples please. Because the truth of the matter is that any manufacturers headunit can be used with the H701. As you inferred the Pioneer is a better headunit than what Alpine is offering now. Let me add that I will buy a double DIN soon, and the W200/H701/NAV(BB or DVD), AVN6600, and the AVIC-Z1 are on my short list.

I was referring more to the "Alpine fan boys" comment than trying to make a direct comparison to say the 9857 or the 880prs. Hell, with the pricing on the 9857, it should be compared more to the 7800 from Pio than the 880PRS. MAP on the 9857 is $350 whereas the 880prs is closer to $500.

Alpine is no longer competing in the 880prs/CD7000 league now for the everyday HU. If you want good processing from Alpine, you gotta jump to the H701, and that with say a DVA-9860 is going to cost a bit more than the CD7000, and almost double the 880prs...but you get a heck of a lot more out of it.

If I was looking to buy an all-in-one HU for under $500, the 880prs is easily the best answer out there nowadays. In fact, I may use one in the truck for awhile if I decide not to use the CDA-9835 (no steering wheel control option).

chadillac3
04-20-2006, 12:50 PM
I am a die hard alpine fan but ordered in an eclipse this time around for the features and price fit the bill this time perfect. Will have to wait to get my w200 and h701 until a later date. As of right now the cd7000 feature wise for a single din deck rips everything else on the market that I know of except the ural.

Too bad the thing is so ugly. :( (IMO, of course). 880prs is going to be a popular unit, as was the 860mp.

Colin+M
04-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Too bad the thing is so ugly. :( (IMO, of course). 880prs is going to be a popular unit, as was the 860mp.

I too share your opinion. I saw one yesterday at a local dealer and...blehhh

XDrkmanX
04-22-2006, 04:58 PM
I was thinking about selling my current headunit and purchasing the new Pioneer unit.

Smart Choice?
or should I keep my current HU?

hzsogood
04-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Keep ur's the 8053 is a sweet deck still.. I have the lil brother ( 8443) and love it, sounds cleaner than anything else ive had

Kickerkitty
04-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Keep ur's the 8053 is a sweet deck still.. I have the lil brother ( 8443) and love it, sounds cleaner than anything else ive had

I have a guy on another forum extolling the virtues of the 8053, especially the para eq with Q settings. Can you guys tell me which EQ setup is better in your opinions? The 880PRS has the 16 band graphic EQ with independant L/R adjustments of course... I happen to think the graphic is better, he prefers the para.

hzsogood
04-22-2006, 07:31 PM
Thats probably gonna come down to how you think it sounds .. I have'nt used the 880 but it looks to have a great eq, my 8443 was pretty nice as well.. Toss up:)

I think i scrapped my idea of goin for the 880 , and i'm just gonna get the avn6600 next month.. I was so close to getting one to , very nice HU

aadadams
04-22-2006, 07:41 PM
If the 6600 had been available when I bought my 880 I may have bought it. my next HU will be the Z1 or the 6600. All other things being seemingly equitable I am going to buy the one with the best ipod control system.

hzsogood
04-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Without a doubt the 6600 is prolly the best ipod converter/screen ur going to find.. Not slamming the z1 at all but that was a big selling point for the 6600.. Not to mention the 6600 imo is a better quality screen , from dac, voltage eq and nav

aadadams
04-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Hz...
You may have just permenantly tilted the scales towards the Eclipse. I read a review on ilounge.com located here: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/pioneer-avic-z1-navigation-system-with-cd-ib100ii-ipod-ada/ that basically called the Z1 the worst ipod controller available.

Jaredl
04-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Hell, with the pricing on the 9857, it should be compared more to the 7800 from Pio than the 880PRS. MAP on the 9857 is $350 whereas the 880prs is closer to $500.

The 9857 is $400 MSRP:
http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=CDA-9857

The P880 is $450 MSRP:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4041_291159496,00.html

It's true that the 780 is a closer comparison in price, but is still better for the dancing dolphin crowd that these HUs appeal to. The 780 has a color screen which is better than the 9857's biolite I guess (for the bling crowd), which is the only real feature I see on that HU beyond iPod connection crap. Not to nitpick (as you obviously agree that Alpines lack features as stand alone units), but you did triple the price difference.

hzsogood
04-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Hz...
You may have just permenantly tilted the scales towards the Eclipse. I read a review on ilounge.com located here: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/pioneer-avic-z1-navigation-system-with-cd-ib100ii-ipod-ada/ that basically called the Z1 the worst ipod controller available.

Its all in what your lookin for, Not knocking the pioneer at all , imo the eclipse is just more for the money

aadadams
04-22-2006, 11:19 PM
A good friend has the 5435 and he raves about it. I was not impressed with the tuning features relative to my P880 but overall thats a nice HU. If the 6600 is an improvement then I could see buying it. One of my main requirements is ipod control, and if the Eclipse wins then that is definately the one I will buy.

Kickerkitty
04-23-2006, 07:38 AM
I hadn't realized Ipod's were all the rage nowdays. When I saw that the 880PRS had the Ipod link I was like, oh that's nice. Would have happily given it up for $25 off the price though... Why don't you guys just burn mp3 disks? More flexibility with playlists and choices?

neil.schneider
04-23-2006, 10:32 AM
A good friend has the 5435 and he raves about it. I was not impressed with the tuning features relative to my P880 but overall thats a nice HU. If the 6600 is an improvement then I could see buying it. One of my main requirements is ipod control, and if the Eclipse wins then that is definately the one I will buy.

I have the eclipse 8445. Great sounding unit. But I want ipod direct control. I am also interested in the 6600 and want to see the ipod screen and how fast it can scroll. Anyone install yet?

neil.schneider
04-23-2006, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=Kickerkitty]I hadn't realized Ipod's were all the rage nowdays. When I saw that the 880PRS had the Ipod link I was like, oh that's nice. Would have happily given it up for $25 off the price though... Why don't you guys just burn mp3 disks? More flexibility with playlists and choices?[/QUOTE

I did the mp3 thing, but the ipod is easier to load and use by far. I was resistant to getting one at first...now I'm a convert. I am also sick of carrying lots of cd's and trying to figure out what song is on what disc.

neil.schneider
04-23-2006, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=Kickerkitty]I hadn't realized Ipod's were all the rage nowdays. When I saw that the 880PRS had the Ipod link I was like, oh that's nice. Would have happily given it up for $25 off the price though... Why don't you guys just burn mp3 disks? More flexibility with playlists and choices?[/QUOTE

I did the mp3 thing, but the ipod is easier to load and use by far. I was resistant to getting one at first...now I'm a convert. I am also sick of carrying lots of cd's and trying to figure out what song is on what disc.

aadadams
04-23-2006, 11:10 AM
I hadn't realized Ipod's were all the rage nowdays. When I saw that the 880PRS had the Ipod link I was like, oh that's nice. Would have happily given it up for $25 off the price though... Why don't you guys just burn mp3 disks? More flexibility with playlists and choices?

For me having 700 MB CD or even 4.2 GB DVD does not compare to having 60 GB of music at my disposal at all times. It seems that everytime the ipod gets bigger my library has doubled. My library spans three 80 GB HDs plus one 120 GB HD. For me any unit I get has to have complete ipod functionality/control.

Kickerkitty
04-23-2006, 12:50 PM
For me having 700 MB CD or even 4.2 GB DVD does not compare to having 60 GB of music at my disposal at all times. It seems that everytime the ipod gets bigger my library has doubled. My library spans three 80 GB HDs plus one 120 GB HD. For me any unit I get has to have complete ipod functionality/control.

Man, i wouldn't be able to find the song I want to play at that rate. Sounds like you need a musickeg or something. Does the Ipod have decent sq?

aadadams
04-23-2006, 03:27 PM
My current DEH-P880PRS/CD-IB100II interface is exceptional, and the SQ is as good as it gets. I just can't go back to any other type of adapter. My music is meticulously tagged and I can find any song I want in less than a minute while driving. When I upgrade I still want that kind of speed. If the ipod interface on the Eclipse is full speed then I will buy it otherwise I am going to have to buy the Alpine W200/H701/DVD Nav. I cannot handle the Z1 because the ipod interface is cumbersome as reported by the editor at ilounge.com.

pattyweb
04-24-2006, 12:36 AM
Has anybody here gotten theirs from ebay? (I'm not worried about the warranty) I was researching some sellers and I see completed sales going back over 10 days ago but I don't see one single feedback (+ or -) from any buyers that they actually got theirs.

adam71
04-24-2006, 05:09 AM
Anyone here listen to high quality CDs anymore??:eyebrow:

NJAV1
04-24-2006, 07:58 AM
I suppose I would qualify, haven't gotten in to the whole Ipod craze as of yet...still buying less and burning more, don't really know if this is considered "high quality".

Dave

Jester1318
04-24-2006, 09:13 AM
What kinda price is everybody buying theirs for, from an authorized dealer or not?

dkguitarist
04-24-2006, 09:19 AM
i just need to buy one and get it over with.

Kickerkitty
04-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Has anybody here gotten theirs from ebay? (I'm not worried about the warranty) I was researching some sellers and I see completed sales going back over 10 days ago but I don't see one single feedback (+ or -) from any buyers that they actually got theirs.

I bought mine from an Ebay seller in Texas, he only had two at the time I found it, and while I was looking one was bought, so I bought the other! lol. I got mine for $330 shipped and it was hassle free and fast.

squeak9798
04-24-2006, 09:31 AM

:wave:

Which I suppose is the reason I haven't bought into the whole Ipod craze yet.

:shrugs:

dkguitarist
04-24-2006, 09:35 AM
:wave:

Which I suppose is the reason I haven't bought into the whole Ipod craze yet.

:shrugs:

x2. i'm too lazy to try dling/copy music files to an ipod (let alone the cost of an ipod).

i prefer cds 24/7/365.

ipods never really caught my attention all that well.

Jester1318
04-24-2006, 09:43 AM

yeah I do in car, do have an mp3 player (not an ipod) but only used for the gym and places like that.

SuperBlack350z
04-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Until ipod support was available for the car it was a pretty useless item to me. I'm all about cd quality sound, and even copying onto my ipod at cd quality (1000+ kbps) I can keep hundreds of cd's with me on my 30gb ipod. It also saves the hassle of burning cd's for stuff that you are kind of into at the moment, but that isn't something you want to buy the cd for just for that one song. Definitely, to me, a worthwhile purchase, and it saves the clutter and hassle of carrying a bunch of cd's around, and it lets you take take better advantage of your display instead of rolling around with "NO TITLE" displayed for most of your stuff, if that matters to you.

zachzchw
04-24-2006, 06:09 PM
What kinda price is everybody buying theirs for, from an authorized dealer or not?

$340ish shipped, ebay.

aadadams
04-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Authorized dealer for $425 plus $25 bucks installation.

pattyweb
04-24-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm reading through the manual (I took the plunge and ordered one off ebay) and in the Ipod section, it seems there's no mode for displaying artist-song title-play time. Is that so?

aadadams
04-24-2006, 08:08 PM
You press the display button to cycle through the display modes. You cannot have all three of those at the same time. You can have combinations of two of those and track number. Note: The font can be changed and this alters what the display can show. I have not played with this extensively though.

Jester1318
04-24-2006, 09:02 PM
The only complaint, just bought mine yesterday, is visibility during the day, its not the easiest thing to see during the day..... but everything else makes up for greatly. And at $300 from an authorized dealer, I'm not complaining.

aadadams
04-24-2006, 09:20 PM
I came from a non-biolite Alpine to the P880PRS and I boast about being able to read the display in direct sunlight, because with my old Alpine I could not even tell if the headunit was on/off in direct sunlight.

Jester1318
04-24-2006, 09:40 PM
yeah its not that bad, you can read it atleast

Colin+M
04-24-2006, 10:12 PM
The only complaint, just bought mine yesterday, is visibility during the day, its not the easiest thing to see during the day..... but everything else makes up for greatly. And at $300 from an authorized dealer, I'm not complaining.

For $300, I'll send you the money to buy me one authorized:)

zachzchw
04-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Where did you find it authorized for $300? :naughty:

adam71
04-24-2006, 11:03 PM
I never understood the need to be able to see a display in bright sunlight. I look at it as just something I have to deal with. If its bright outside its hard to read a display and there is nothing I can do about it and it has never bothered me.

Its sort of like watching TV during the day. If the glare from the window comes in and makes the screen hard to see you just have to deal with it or move the TV to a different room or get some good window shades to block out the sun.

adam71
04-24-2006, 11:09 PM
still buying less and burning more, don't really know if this is considered "high quality".

Well it depends what source you're burning from. If you're burning from one (store bought) CD to another and have a half decent cd burner then your quality should be atleast decent. If you're burning from files you've downloaded from the internet then your quality will suffer a little.

But all in all its about what each individual wants out of their system. If you want a gajillion songs at your fingertips then you are willing to sacrifice some sound quality for it. If you demand the best in sound quality you're going to sacrifice convenience by having to carry a bunch of CDs around with you. Take your pick. I choose CDs.:D

NJAV1
04-25-2006, 12:27 AM
Well it depends what source you're burning from. If you're burning from one (store bought) CD to another and have a half decent cd burner then your quality should be atleast decent. If you're burning from files you've downloaded from the internet then your quality will suffer a little.

But all in all its about what each individual wants out of their system. If you want a gajillion songs at your fingertips then you are willing to sacrifice some sound quality for it. If you demand the best in sound quality you're going to sacrifice convenience by having to carry a bunch of CDs around with you. Take your pick. I choose CDs.:D

You know the funny thing is...I seem to be late to the party with stuff like this..for how long now has burning mp3 off the internet been the fad ...few years if I can remember correctly and that's dating back to napster days if I'm not mistaken...

Now Ipods seem to be all the craze....honestly I'm going to hook myself up with some Sirius sat radio and call it a day....lol...still do some cd burning here and there for some music nothing too drastic.

Dave

aadadams
04-25-2006, 12:36 AM
I never understood the need to be able to see a display in bright sunlight. I look at it as just something I have to deal with. If its bright outside its hard to read a display and there is nothing I can do about it and it has never bothered me.

I have yearned for this solution for a long time. And, it bothered the hell out of me, but I am very happy now.:cool:

Bolognablake
04-25-2006, 12:57 AM
What authorized dealer for $300? I'm going to buy one here in a few days or so.

I live by my iPod. At 320kbs (vbr to keep sizes in check) it sounds just like CD quality to me.

The only recording I can tell a difference with is Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble's Little Wing. About 2 minutes into the song, the drummer hits a crash that is very distinct. When ripped below 192kbs, I can usually hear it artifact a bit, if I'm a quiet environment.

Jester1318
04-25-2006, 02:11 AM
I went to a local dealer I get most of my headunits from and thet happen to give me a **** good deal. Even then some other places around here are about $330 after taxes with manu. warranty...

DatBoiFred
07-01-2006, 11:44 PM
I Payed $299 with no tax for mine